PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 03:01:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  BlackysSims2Zoo
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BlackysSims2Zoo  (Read 12905 times)
Roxelane
ARR!

View Profile WWW
BlackysSims2Zoo
« on: 2008 November 21, 20:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am really upset, I am really upset. Blacky Sims Zoo is selling recolors of free meshes from other Sims sites for money.

Because they know it is not legal the whole deal will be made bei PM

New Service Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

http://www.blackypanther.de/include.php?path=forum/showcat.php&catid=35

Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: BlackysSims2Zoo
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 21, 20:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, slow down. Whose meshes are they selling? I had a quick look and didn't recognise anything at first glance, but I'll admit my German is a little rusty and that site is a nightmare to navigate. Can you show the original creators and the things BSZ is selling?

Roxelane
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 21, 20:42:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don't sell the mesh, you have to send the mesh, they will recolor it and you will have to pay if you like it - they are going to send you a picture of the recolor and if you want it you have to pay

durandal
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 21, 20:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi

we don't know exactly if they already done it, but so far i know, they propose to make recolors of free meshs and it will cost from1€50 to 3€50, they do the whole thing by email so nobody can see what is going on Angry
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 21, 20:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose it would be something like going to a tailor. Except that it's illegal! I read a bunch of crap on that site about how they 'Needz more monies'. Hopefully they won't get it and they'll FOAD, but methinks they're scamming for more money without really needing more money to run that thing they call a site. Speaking of which they need to hire a secretary or an interior decorator or someone to organize their site all pretty. That damn thing is unnavigatable, even in English.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
durandal
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 21, 21:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and some member have tryed to tell them that's illegal, they closed the thread
bastet
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 21, 21:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it is just a shame - for what they do need all the money? They beg and beg .... it is scaring - you go on this site and what you get to see at first is the begging for money

hm I really guess they want to have nice vacations on Hawaii?

I just checked how long it needs to bring a simple picture into the game - not even a minute with the SimPe Wizzard - 1 Euro for a picture? Hm a lot of money in one hour ....
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 21, 23:02:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if I understand correctly you can send them any mesh, original creator's TOU be damned, and they'll sell it back to you? And this is being done done under the table because some people objected to it? That's not a shame, that's disgusting. And I haven't got the slightest idea what to do about it. Anyone feeling creative?

dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 November 21, 23:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, they're charging for custom recolors??  And people are actually GOING for that?  Recoloring isn't exactly rocket science.   Nor does Blacky's crew impress me as being particularly great recolorers. I guess there ARE suckers born every minute.

It's so stupid that I'm too busy laughing to be outraged.

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 November 21, 23:18:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A con is still a con, even if the people who are falling for it are saps. Don't blame the victims. But yeah, it is rather stupid. I don't know how to do recolors, but if I wanted something custom made I learn how to do it myself. It's so weird that people would rather pay up than learn a new and potentially rewading skill... Then again, I'm not taking any plumbing or electricity classes either, so meh.

Roxelane, I've been to that link you provided a couple of times now, but I can't seem to find anything that points to what you explained. Sorry if I'm being dim, but how did you find out exactly? Have they removed a thread offering this 'service'? Do you know of anyone who used it? I'm so confused it hurts.

minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 November 21, 23:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate the popup at that site. I've tried to avoid it with firefox and stuff and I still get the popup ad. Therefore, no Blacky's for me! Grin

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 November 21, 23:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh for fuck sake, if they can get people to go for that then good on them for having a forum full of idiots. Just straight up ask for money like everybody else. Gawd.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 November 22, 00:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anybody lazy enough to pay someone to recolor a mesh for them gets what they deserves. IMO.

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2008 November 22, 00:14:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the point of PMBD was to... you know, destroy paysites? Stop crime? Fight wrongdoers with our vigilante-style brand of poetic justice?

Fair enough though. It is a rather stupid way to part with hard-earned cash. But we've been trying to show people who would pay for pixels the light for ages, why is this any different? We've become so used to the idea of people paying for pixels that it doesn't register as ridiculous anymore. I guess I don't see much difference between Peggy and Rose charging for hairs (and people paying for it) than BSZ charging for tailor-made recolours (and people paying for it). You might as well say that anyone lazy enough to pay for a sims 2 item instead of making it themselves deserves to get ripped off, which kinda goes against the spirit of this site, IMO.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 November 22, 00:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, its not lazy - some people don't texture well, some don't build houses well, and some don't mesh well.  So, I figure the only fault here is greed.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: