PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 16:54:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Syndica Leaves TSR To Start Full Free Website
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Syndica Leaves TSR To Start Full Free Website  (Read 15494 times)
Seraphira
ARR!

View Profile
Syndica Leaves TSR To Start Full Free Website
« on: 2008 November 17, 07:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi there,

My friend Syndica was doing creations for TSR not knowing full well of the rath of TSR. I just phoned her she's starting her own website, and providing all her goodies for free. She said maybe this was fate, that she should be there. I told her about this place I hope she joins up. She's setting up her new server right now as we speak I will give you some more info as it comes in. She's an awesome artist and 3D graphic artist, some of the stuff she makes will knock ur socks off.

She wanted to ask what kind of goodies do you guys go for? Realism? She's in to making things realistic.

ok, I am gonna help her start coding the forum board heh.

Seraphira
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Syndica Leaves TSR To Start Full Free Website
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 17, 10:03:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please STOP making new threads.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 17, 11:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Couldn't you have put this in one of the many TSR threads, one which is currently discussing people leaving/moving to /staying at TSR?

Lurk moar!

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 17, 23:07:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good Lord, I was gone all day (my first mistake  Wink ) and this person has made 18,000 T$R threads. Couldn't you either:

A. Put it in an existing thread
 B. Put it in one of the thousands of other threads you started?

Is it Sunday again already? I could have sworn that was yesterday.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 18, 02:15:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's only one other active TSR thread from what I can see, and the discussion there is about cats and noisy neighbours...

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 18, 02:24:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand that we get off topic alot, but we will always re rail when something is important enough too. All I am saying is it could have been added to that one OR the other TSR thread she started.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 18, 02:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, there comes a point where the thread's been derailed so much, there's probably only a handful of people still persevering with it in the hope that something relevant comes up amongst the pages of cat macros, animal cruelty and noisy neighbours.

So for me, I don't see any harm in starting a new thread that contains new information. Admittedly, in Seraphira's case, she could have added it to her other thread, but then why is the news that Syndica's setting up her own site and leaving TSR any less important than speculation that CycloneSue's doing the same? A result is a result no matter what IMO.

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 18, 02:47:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, good point. I don't think anyone got after me for starting my Cyclonesue thread. I think that Seraphina rubbed people the wrong way by starting two new threads.

Sometimes we're a cranky bunch for no apparent reason.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 November 18, 03:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not like we have thread quota's or something. I figure if you have something interesting or relevant relating to pay/ free and it's not actively being discussed in another thread, just spit it out. There's very obvious situations where *ask a pirate* or *ugly pay stuff* belongs where it belongs but really, that tsr thread is already the old gay so who cares. I love the derailments we do, but it usually means nothing is happening or it was a stupid thread to begin with.

This one was unfortunately doomed because of the other one but not in itself without some merit and someone might have actually responded to her question. It might not have been of interest to some and that's totally cool, but I thought encouraging creators to leave paysites and start a new free sites was a good thing. Coming here to ask for suggestions and then getting kicked in the taco for it kinda sucks.

Ya two threads back to back was redundant and unnecessary I totally agree, but I mean come on, this is the kind of thing we should be supporting and encouraging. I don't think yelling at people for standing in the wrong line while they're trying to give you something is cool at all.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Seraphira
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 November 18, 04:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi everyone,

sorry if I angered everyone. I didn't know this is topic of syndica's new site should be in that under that topic. Admins you can remove my last two starter posts, I guess I should watch what i should post.

thanks and sorry.

Seraphira
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 November 18, 04:20:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi everyone,

sorry if I angered everyone. I didn't know this is topic of syndica's new site should be in that under that topic. Admins you can remove my last two starter posts, I guess I should watch what i should post.

thanks and sorry.

Seraphira

Threads are almost never removed by admins Pescado.

It is good that Syndica is going free, I tried to get on to TSR to see her stuff, but couldn't.

Just settle down a bit, you'll do fine.
Seraphira
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 November 18, 04:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks sweety,

At the time I was so angery, I am ok now. lol I have such a bad temper, specially when TSR screws with my friends.

you have to so meet Syndica she's such a sweetheart, she's a singer and she loves to sing, nothing really major but she loves to create music. Grin we met on the net and the cool thing is she lives in the same city as I do! Whoot Cheesy So i'm headed to her house soon as I finish up here. I'm teaching her DHTML and javascript. So on Thursday she gets paid and she will get hosting provider I know which ones are the good ones Smiley and help her with the forum and full chat system. She was thinking of the domain name Syndica Sims or something.

hugsss Arrgh my pirate friends  Grin

Seraphira
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 November 18, 04:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this her?  She has no creations at TSR....what is she putting on the site then?

http://www.thesimsresource.com/profiles/view.php?mid=2316589

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 November 18, 08:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, please...nobody was "mean" to the OP.  Roll Eyes

She's fricking calling people "sweety" and hugging us. We DO have a reputation to uphold ya know.  Cheesy

ETA: HugeLunatic has a point. This lady doesn't even have any content at TSR.  Huh

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 November 18, 08:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Methinks this is going to go dumb downhill.   Roll Eyes  Call it premonition.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: