PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:06:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Rose's other chinese site
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Rose's other chinese site  (Read 16163 times)
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Rose's other chinese site
« Reply #15 on: 2008 November 16, 15:43:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the info Light_Angel. Not to defend Rose in the slightest, but it should be pointed out that BlooM modified Poser meshes for his sexy feet. Of course, he gave full credit and they're free. Rose could have done the same. Unless they were completely identical, there is no way to establish that she took his feet and modified them.
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 November 16, 16:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's precisely the difference though.  There are plenty of free 3d models available to use at will, but they usually stipulate that they are not for commercial use. 

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Light_Angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 November 16, 19:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the info Light_Angel. Not to defend Rose in the slightest, but it should be pointed out that BlooM modified Poser meshes for his sexy feet. Of course, he gave full credit and they're free. Rose could have done the same. Unless they were completely identical, there is no way to establish that she took his feet and modified them.

You're welcome.  True, that's a good possibility... and I originally was thinking so until I saw the positioning of parts of the UV maps.  Unfortunately, there's really no true way to be sure if she/"qingming" did or not unless we see how the original poser mesh itself was done UV-wise.  Either way, like Sherry and gayle mentioned, it's against Poser's TOU, modified or not. 
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2008 November 16, 20:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its a Chinese auction site (asked a friend to translate it a while back)...so only Chinese bank accounts yup. Means people bid as much as they want, the price gets really high, and only one person gets it. More money for Rose and a lot less likely that a pesky filesharer will get it.

You have got to be kidding me. Just when I'd gotten used to the idea of people paying real can-buy-burritos-with-it money for pixels, they start auctioning them? And people bid on it?

No, no, I've got nothing constructive to add. I'm well and truly baffled.

carebear
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 November 17, 14:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Peggy has some stuff on this site,too..

http://www.peggyzone.com/html/CN/SuperMember.html

I don't understand though...If most of the stuff they have on taobao is stuff they also have on their regular sites,why would people bet and pay that much  (since you say bets get really high) to be "the only one" to get an item.Doesn't everyone already have those items already?
Polina
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 November 17, 16:55:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What assholes, to make money out of other people's work. Unbareable.  Angry
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 November 17, 20:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Peggy has some stuff on this site,too..

http://www.peggyzone.com/html/CN/SuperMember.html

I don't understand though...If most of the stuff they have on taobao is stuff they also have on their regular sites,why would people bet and pay that much  (since you say bets get really high) to be "the only one" to get an item.Doesn't everyone already have those items already?

Carebear, I think that site is just a Chinese version of her English site if I'm not mistaken. I'm wondering if there is something behind this taobao site though. It just seems to ridiculous. I mean are people really that stupid to bid on items like that?

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 November 18, 00:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know a Chinese girl I'm talking to through msn.
She said Taobao is an auction site similar to ebay. So the title of the thread is a bit wrong.

There are lots of things which aren't available at Rosesims, for example at least one f2m-conversion and several traditional Chinese clothes, hairstyles, accessoires etc.

I think Rose does this mostly to sell her traditional stuff because she might think that in the western world the interest might not be very big in these things. And of course she might get more money this way.
I don't know if it really works like ebay, that you put up one item (one file) for auction and only one person gets it.
I cannot check it right now, the site would not open for me. But if I remember right there was a list of the peope who purchased an item when I last checked, and several of them were listed very close in date to each other. I'll need to ask what's up with this the next time...

In addition to that Rose's site was English only until very recently. Now she's added a Chinese translation for all of her section. It might have been very hard for Chinese people to buy the stuff if they didn't know English.

Peggy's site has been partly Chinese for years, not only at Peggyzone, but also at Peggysims 2 and even the site before that, where she had a stupid point system like Simfreaks. The Chinese girl I'm talking to said that a sub for Chinese people is even more expensive than a sub in American Dollar.

Chii
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 November 18, 15:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Echoing what Carissa said, 1 RMB (Chinese yuan) is more or less equal to 8 or 9 cents USD. What Rose is asking for, for a full outfit set is about $2 USD.

Take into consideration, though, for about the same amount of money, one could take a 20-minute long ride on the local bullet train. People are poorer in China, as it is a less developed country.
</rambleramble>
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 November 18, 22:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Echoing what Carissa said, 1 RMB (Chinese yuan) is more or less equal to 8 or 9 cents USD. What Rose is asking for, for a full outfit set is about $2 USD.

Take into consideration, though, for about the same amount of money, one could take a 20-minute long ride on the local bullet train. People are poorer in China, as it is a less developed country.
</rambleramble>

All the more reason for them to use the booty.  Grin

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Rissa
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2008 November 18, 23:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, the Chinese people are very good with sharing Sims files - the only files they don't share, at least not openly, are files by Chinese creators. This of course includes everything by Peggyzone, Rosesims, Huabunzu and Sunair from TSR, Bobosims etc.
Instead the girl said she was really surprised that we share every payfile, no matter where the creator is from. There are some places where one could get these files, but while the filesharing of foreign creations is done rather openly it is done in hidden places for Chinese files - which are some of the most expensive ones.

Chii
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 November 19, 05:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, yep. Peach, GameSir, those file-sharing forums have pretty much everything but what Carisssa mentioned. It's not even an enforced law here, I walk into a DVD store and they don't have any legal copies.  Grin
Skye
ARR!

......It had to be the RUM!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 November 19, 15:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone told Rose about this? I mean, maybe it was a mistake.  It could be.

If you point it out, she will probably take care of it herself, as she will not want to get a 'bad rep' because of it. What do you all think?

hugs,
Skye

Updated: I sent Rose a letter, with this link, so she could make a decision about this subject. With all the information in it, it will explain it all to her and she can remedy the situation. How's that?
« Last Edit: 2008 November 19, 15:42:55 by Skye » Logged

Fur is protested more often than leather because it's easier to harrass rich women than biker gangs!
http://woohoosims2.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2008 November 19, 16:06:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A for effort Skye, but I don't think anyone here really believes this was all due to some whacky and hilarious misunderstanding. Rose has done some pretty vile things in the past and personally, I'm way past giving her the benefit of the doubt. We'll see what happens though, but I'm not holding my breath.

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 November 19, 16:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a possibility. Some time ago someone had made a collection of Roan hairs and was selling them as a "hair pack" on ebay without Roan knowing. A very slim possibility, but it could be a mistake.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: