PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 03:22:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Rose's other chinese site
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Rose's other chinese site  (Read 16298 times)
dragonlover
Landlubber

View Profile
Rose's other chinese site
« on: 2008 November 14, 18:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*lurk mode off*

Not only is Rose charging insane prices on hair  Angry *note i have been guilty in donating for some* she then makes another site which is Chinese only that contains hairs from Rosesims2 plus other new outfits and hairs o.O Link, does this woman think that there are people out there that still pay through their noses for pixels. end rant

*lurk mode on*
Light_Angel
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Rose's other chinese site
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 14, 19:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seeing as Rose's lengths to make money no longer surprises me, I do have to add one thing that raises questions... it also looks like she's selling meshes with BlooM's sexy feet added on with no credits from what I can see.  Not sure about his policy on those meshes and pay sites using them, but I do know he did ask for credit on any parts of his work used at one point.  I'd say that's a cheap move of piggy-backing on her part if those are indeed the feet meshes he made.   Angry
gayle_afcb
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 14, 21:30:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a look on insim but couldn't see his policy.  I know yagami at our site often uses Blooms sexy feet in his meshes and always provide credit and a link back to the original meshes at insim so I would assume that is as per Blooms policy as we try to make sure we always respect the TOU of other free creators.

The woman has no morals  Angry

It's official - I haz a crazy, paranoid, psychotic internet stalker... Waves to Atwat Tongue

Sims2Artists S2A forum
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 14, 23:42:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want, I can drop a note to him in the staff section and find out. I doubt he'd be pleased, but going to see if I can find his TOS just in case.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 15, 02:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

from dealing with Bloom, I know he likes to be at least asked and credited.. and fair enough too, he's a great modder.

It's the doublestandard thing "you're sharing meshes so I'll whinge about it but share some free ones just to annoy you"..

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 15, 02:56:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but my hammer is bigger than hers and it speaks any language when it goes "WHAMMO!" upside the head... Cheesy

Light_Angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 15, 03:49:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a look on insim but couldn't see his policy.  I know yagami at our site often uses Blooms sexy feet in his meshes and always provide credit and a link back to the original meshes at insim so I would assume that is as per Blooms policy as we try to make sure we always respect the TOU of other free creators.

The woman has no morals  Angry

I checked around also... looks like his policy sticky has gone AWOL since he got his own section, but I do remember him having a link directly to it in his signature sometime before the changes. 

I guess it's best to ask him directly about it now.  So yeah, Paden, you should drop him the line if you haven't already.   (didn't get a chance to PM him earlier about it because I had to leave shortly after I posted here... but I'm probably going to end up doing so now either way)  I'm pretty sure he won't be too happy about that fact, either, especially considering all of the hard work he's done in the community.  I know I wouldn't be. 

« Last Edit: 2008 November 15, 04:19:01 by Light_Angel » Logged
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 15, 05:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah, I posted a thread in the staff section, with links to this thread and the one where the offense she's committing is posted. I hope to hear back from him soon.

Light_Angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 November 15, 06:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah, I posted a thread in the staff section, with links to this thread and the one where the offense she's committing is posted. I hope to hear back from him soon.

Cheesy  I had went ahead and PM'ed him a little while ago still... but glad you did that anyways.  I sure wouldn't feel right if he didn't know this was happening or not. 

Chii
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 November 15, 06:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems you can only buy these things online with a Chinese bank accounts, or am I just an illiterate idiot?
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 November 15, 10:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems you can only buy these things online with a Chinese bank accounts, or am I just an illiterate idiot?

Its a Chinese auction site (asked a friend to translate it a while back)...so only Chinese bank accounts yup. Means people bid as much as they want, the price gets really high, and only one person gets it. More money for Rose and a lot less likely that a pesky filesharer will get it.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

gayle_afcb
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 November 15, 12:50:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I spoke to bloom last night about it.  Basically he said that his TOU got lost along the way when he was moved to his own section but yes she is breaching his TOU as well as those of poser.  He said it was ok to quote him so this is what he had to say basically:

Quote from: bloom
I am not happy wat she is doing but instead of getting mad and frustrated i better move on....especially at this moment as im busy with so many other things.
The feet mesh comes original from Poser figures and Poser doesn't allow you to use any of its content for commercial use.
So she is violating some rules here in a way.

Anyway, do wat you suits best Wink
I dont have time to deal with it.....

Bloom
You can quote that if you like Wink

It's official - I haz a crazy, paranoid, psychotic internet stalker... Waves to Atwat Tongue

Sims2Artists S2A forum
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 November 15, 13:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe contact whomever made them for poser?  Does he remember? People who make stuff for poser usually get pretty pissed about these sorts of things. 

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Chii
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 November 16, 13:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, thanks, Jojoba. I was thinking about donating some to the booty, but it seems I can't afford if if I have to bid.  Undecided
Light_Angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 November 16, 15:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This post is probably full of useless info, but I just thought some people would like to have physical evidence on the similarities between those too meshes in general.

So I poked around a bit with a few things, and downloaded one of Rose's free meshes that has the feet on them.  (the one with the stockings and red/purple/etc. nightgowns here, and the male mesh with the purple shirt on pg 19...  Tongue)  Apparently, I also ran across a "thanks" text file in the male file, though it's not the thanks we might be expecting.  (as copied:  "Thank qingming for the foot.") So if those feet on that particular mesh are what she's also using on the pay files, I'd have to say they're definitely similar to BlooM's, and most-likely edited to make them look like they're different.  The reason I say this...

When you enlarge the pictures, you'll see Rose's "borrowed" foot on the left and BlooM's conversion on the right.  Notice the extreme difference in the amount of details, but the same shapes that both have.  Whoever "qingming" is, they could've easily used any sort of poly reducer in a meshing program to make it look like that, just like it can be done in Blender:

I just left the default settings for that program's poly reducer, and surprise-surprise, it almost looks like we have a rip-off.  Now all that needs to be done is to fiddle around with the UV maps a bit.

The left UV is Rose's, the middle is BlooM's, and the right is both overlapped.  If these were two completely different feet conversions, wouldn't the UV's for the toes and the top of the feet not line up, seeing as the original poser mesh probably had a much different positioning than both?  Clearly those highlighted areas are spot on if you look at the UVs in any 3D meshing program.

I'm pretty much ready to call foul on this one.   Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: