PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 23:08:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Jassims.com, a new paysite?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Jassims.com, a new paysite?  (Read 58714 times)
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
Re: Jassims.com, a new paysite?
« Reply #120 on: 2008 December 12, 16:21:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Issie!
Also, is that site really taking stuff from Jassims? Are the items taken from Jassims pay or free? Otherwise how can we check? (Filedates etc.)

I downloaded from both sites, to check the date last modified on both files. Jassims must have edited her costumes recently because on pretty much all of them, the last modified date was 12/1/2008. Elynia's was 9/28/2008.

What is weird though, at the top on Jassims website, the top portion says:

By Jassims enrolled , Thursday 25 September 2008 20:17

Or that's what a translator told me. So I'm not sure if by that, it means she had put them up on the website by 25, September. But based on the link that Issie has given us, I wasn't able to find anything on Elynia that is also on Jassims, besides the costumes. My eyes could have failed me though.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Issie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2008 December 13, 04:53:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Issie!
Also, is that site really taking stuff from Jassims? Are the items taken from Jassims pay or free? Otherwise how can we check? (Filedates etc.)

I'll send her an email right now and ask her.  Here's hoping she'll get it directly.

opsy edited email
« Last Edit: 2008 December 13, 05:05:51 by Issie » Logged
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2008 December 13, 04:54:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the next thing would be to see if the costumes are the same texture files. And maybe if that other site has stuff from other sites as well. This community kinda sucks with the stealing.

Edit: probably shouldn't post emails here, Issie, even if it's on her site. You will need permission first.

Inactive
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2008 December 13, 18:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the files that TSR was claiming that she stole?  I dont know anything about this but if she is saying she never stole anything, has she explained those files or can we find out anything about those.  If she can be proven to have stolen those files then it seems more reasonable to assume she is lying now as well.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2008 December 14, 02:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have nothing of value to add to this; I just wanted to say how funny I think it is for T$R to get upset about anyone stealing anything.  Cheesy

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: 2008 December 14, 08:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jass = asshat.

What's the Turkish phrase for "you are a thieving asshat scumbag?"

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Issie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2008 December 17, 10:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to get back to you so late, I've been busy.  She wrote back to me on the weekend and told me that she didn't say that Elynia stole anything from her, she was just trying to prove a point about how most meshes look similiar in that post.  My turkish isn't great so I may have misunderstood something there (also difficult translating because she isn't writing it all properly).

Basicly when she first started meshing she did use other creator meshes and such but didn't know you couldn't do that.  Having no knowledge of english language and how the community works I can understand that.  In any case once she realised that she couldn't do that (ulkshan from TSR emailed her and told her something about it) she scrapped all the work she'd done and started over.  She claims that everything she has now on her website is hers only, anything else before that she didn't know about. 

She also removed the meshes that nouk was talking about so she doesn't understand all the anger towards her.  She states that it cannot be called theft when she didn't know. 
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: 2008 December 17, 10:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She states that it cannot be called theft when she didn't know. 

Well, it's still theft, but you could call it mitigating circumstances (did I use that term right?) Problem is she can claim whatever she wants and we'd have to take her word for it, and most of us have learned not to take anything paysite owners/possible thieves say with a bucketload of salt. But she did have a spot of trouble with ulkshan, so that much is true. Is anyone still asking her to take something down?

You could just tell her that the best thing for her to do would be to go free and cite some of the reasons why that's better (it's legal, you get more respect from the wider community, there's plenty free alternatives etc). If she's worried about everyone being angry at her, that would be a great step to show she's actually sorry. After what TSR did to her she may even concider it.

scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2008 December 17, 23:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She can say that it isnt stealing because she didnt know but that doesnt really excuse anything.  If you want to open up a Business and sell goods to others then maybe it should be your responsibility to do a little research about how that sort of thing works.  People are angry because she went around the internet gathering up free pretties  and then took them home and threw them up on her paysite and now says "I didnt steal because I didnt know that getting free stuff and then uploading it to my paysite was wrong so I cant be held accountable for my actions." 

Once again, Paysite fail.  What is with these people that they seem to know enough to get thier sites up and running but not enough to know what is right and what is wrong.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
cabbycat
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2008 December 24, 12:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the Turkish phrase for "you are a thieving asshat scumbag?"

You are a theiving asshat scumbag in turkish is sen are a hırsızlık asshat kir tabakası.

Sorry my turkish is a little off.  Cry I haven't spoken it in a while. We did it for a few months in primary school.

I tried to translate the message nouk (I didn't see it translated here) got with the help of a dictionary and translator. Mostly translator. I fixed most of the word if they were understandable but i'm afraid I couldn't do any better than what other people could do:

hello nouk.
 I don't no speak english sorry.
 anladığım kadrıyla mesh recolour paid sell permission vermiyorsun. In any case pay sunuyorum and in any case mesh olarakta thine page yönlendiriyorum. but mole him even istemiyorum diyosan pavement problem not eventually my one each loss impossible Smiley cevabını bekliyorum accordingly movement edeceğim.
from, jass.

« Last Edit: 2008 December 26, 16:07:12 by cabbycat » Logged

"There is always death and taxes; however, death doesn\'t get worse every year." - Unknown "Here's to you and here's to me, and I hope we never disagree. But, if that should ever be, to HELL with you, here's to ME!" - Unknown
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2008 December 24, 17:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's nice of you to translate, but, please to be removing the red highlighting. The blinding red makes it almost impossible to read.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2008 December 25, 07:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really think it matters, unless you can read Turkish. Tongue

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2008 December 25, 23:17:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hur, Pescado, I didn't even read the highlighted crap until you posted. Wth? That wasn't even a translation.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2008 December 26, 01:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sorta makes it more important that it be illegible. Otherwise this Jas person might notice the translation is incomplete.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Kragey
ARR!

I can haz CC?

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2008 December 26, 01:39:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She states that it cannot be called theft when she didn't know. 

Sounds like my former roommate, who forged my signature to take out a card in my name (giving her access to my student accounts), then said it didn't count as forgery because she didn't know.

Honestly, I don't know how people can think that counts. If ignorance was a good excuse, people could lie and say, "Oh, I didn't know rape was wrong, so it doesn't matter."

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: