PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 15:16:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Jassims.com, a new paysite?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Jassims.com, a new paysite?  (Read 58827 times)
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Jassims.com, a new paysite?
« Reply #30 on: 2008 November 03, 21:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, until we get an email back we'll just have to keep looking for someone who can translate it. If it does get translated, let me know so I can tell my friend she doesn't need to bother anymore.

Titan
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2008 November 04, 00:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it interesting though that; despite her "bad english", she was able to figure out what Anouk wanted in her e-mail, and then give a reply to it.  It just sounds like she's just hiding behind the language excuse, and trying to ignore the fact that she is doing something very wrong.  I'm willing to bet that if something of hers was used; without credit, she would probably be able to figure out how to write a letter in English, to notify that individual that it's her things being used. 

Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2008 November 04, 00:38:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it interesting though that; despite her "bad english", she was able to figure out what Anouk wanted in her e-mail, and then give a reply to it.

You know, that's exactly what I said. It's just an excuse if you ask me. That first 'sorry don't speak the Englsih' phrase just sounded... I don't know. Fake. The ouble 'y' in sorry especially. Now I'm not saying she speaks perfet English or anything, but replying in Turkish smells like a cheap way to buy time to me. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 November 04, 08:40:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the paysite now the winter hair is now giving a link to the mesh Nouks winter hair on mod the sims2.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 November 04, 09:04:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not enough, I want it gone.

Inactive
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 November 04, 10:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they know exactly want you want Anouk.  Your terms are clear.  Taking the piss springs to mind on this one.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 November 04, 13:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's pretty obvious. She knows enough english to download stuff from 100% english sites and go through the upload process on TSR. I told her to remove everything based on my work from her site, and if I wanted my stuff to be sold I would have done it myself.

These are originally by Helaene, and interrestingly, these were also ripped off by Elmazz on TSR. http://www.jassims.com/index.php/makeup/eyeshadow
« Last Edit: 2008 November 04, 13:54:26 by Anouk » Logged

Inactive
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2008 November 04, 14:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

God freaking dammit. She's just taking everything now, isn't she? I'm starting to think it'll be easier to make a list of freesites she didn't steal from.

Titan
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2008 November 04, 14:12:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She appears to be just grabbing whatever she feels like it and putting it up on her site, as her own work.  Is it time to call the Animal Army in, yet?  This is just a little thief, who must figure that the free sites are just there for her to steal from and that no one will say anything.  Well, she's very wrong about that!  She has used a few different artists work, as a base to her things, so I'm wondering how many other TOU's she has ignored to put her site up, besides Anouk's?   

HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2008 November 04, 14:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol  While she linked to Peggy's donate mesh, she also included it!  She also didn't properly credit phelena and tirimisu for their rugs, only echo.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2008 November 04, 15:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's possible she just doesn't know proper ettiquete, since she seems to including pay and free meshes willy-nilly, but that's still no excuse.

I've made a post over at the Animal Army HQ: http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?p=1444287#post1444287
The more people know about this, the better.

Titan
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2008 November 04, 15:51:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In her donation packs she has meshes included in her donation packs from:  Pinksuki2K from MTS2, Lianna from her site and from SimChic.  I wonder what Lianna would say about the fact that this girl is including her meshes, with no credits at all. 
In the free area, she has different meshes but, does not create anyone for them.  She does credit some creators on the TSR site for the meshes and when you look at the items; outside of the sets, you will find links but, her site is another story all together.  I find it hard to believe that she is not aware of the fact that credit should be given, when she's been on TSR since Apr.2006 and uploading things there.  She basically seems to have forgotten her etiquette, the second she opened up her own site. 
When you download something from the site, mesh or item, there is not one mention of any other creators in the files.  She generally gives the impression that she did everything that is on there, IMO.

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 November 04, 17:29:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put some very simple sentances in a Turkish translator, like 'remove stuff based on my work from your site' etc. Also told her in English I don't believe for a moment she can't read English.
Got a 100% Turkish email back, and I'm pretty sure it means she won't take anything off.

Inactive
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2008 November 04, 17:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sucks Nouk.  Just sucks.  Hopefully someone will help. I don't have any idea where to go from here.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 November 04, 17:41:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sent her another email, same content basically. I don't support paysites, don't want my creations on a paysite.
The email I got I think says that I don't have any authority or right to have my stuff removed from her payset or site, and that she's only selling her own creations. Also says she really does not know English well.
*edit* she removed the hairs, but not the item in the payset. Will send a picture of it.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 04, 17:50:46 by Anouk » Logged

Inactive
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: