PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 17:50:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  What's with this site?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's with this site?  (Read 13621 times)
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
What's with this site?
« on: 2008 October 27, 16:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://freesims2simming.wetpaint.com/

I was cleaning up my bookmarks and came across that one.  I'm not sure what it was before, but is it aimed PMBD?  If it is, it reeks of 12-ness.  Actually, even if it isn't it still reeks of 12-ness.

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
Re: What's with this site?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 27, 17:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This somewhat strange website links back to this one: http://www.urbanc.tk/ - A Sims 2 freesite offering urban clothing for men.

Tellingly, the creator also has a TSR page here: http://www.thesimsresource.com/profiles/view.php?mid=2100277, so it looks like a cheap shot aimed at us.

And yes, it is a 16 12.

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
Lilyroseisapirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 27, 17:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow, that is offensive or anything.... Angry

quot;In Soviet Russia, you do not steal content, content steals YOU!\" <br />                             -Pescado
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 27, 17:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah no - it wasn't originally set up like that.  SparklePlenty had it set up - she invited people to post their updates (being a wiki and all). You can see her post about it here. SparklePlenty disappeared a while back, and it looks like some jackass has taken advantage of the fact that it is a wiki and have said nasty things about her and deleted all the stuff that used to be there, as well as deleted her profile.  

I used to get lots of incoming links from there, but no more.  Undecided

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 27, 17:35:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whatever did happen to Sparkle, anyway?
And that has to be one of the most immature things I've ever seen.
It's rude and disgusting and what does her race have to do with any Sims??
I swear people like that are why I don't leave my house.  Cheesy

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 27, 17:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah no - it wasn't originally set up like that.  SparklePlenty had it set up - she invited people to post their updates (being a wiki and all). You can see her post about it here. SparklePlenty disappeared a while back, and it looks like some jackass has taken advantage of the fact that it is a wiki and have said nasty things about her and deleted all the stuff that used to be there, as well as deleted her profile.  

I used to get lots of incoming links from there, but no more.  Undecided

Ah..that explains it why it was in my bookmarks.  I remember SparklePlenty now...it is a shame.

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 October 27, 17:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's rude and disgusting and what does her race have to do with any Sims??

Yeah. I agree - Pirates sure - have a go.  Racism - die in a fucking fire. 

Ah..that explains it why it was in my bookmarks.  I remember SparklePlenty now...it is a shame.

Lol - I can just see you sitting there thinking why the fuck did I bookmark this.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 October 27, 18:41:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://freesims2simming.wetpaint.com/

I was cleaning up my bookmarks and came across that one.  I'm not sure what it was before, but is it aimed PMBD?  If it is, it reeks of 12-ness.  Actually, even if it isn't it still reeks of 12-ness.

I have to tell you, after having a racial slur unexpectedly explode all over my screen, I didn't snoop around much. That site is like getting punched in the gut.

keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 October 27, 18:55:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cala, you remember everything!  Cheesy After you explained what it was, I remembered it without checking your link, but I was lost before that.

Girl, you crack me up.  Grin

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
crunk
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 October 27, 18:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to tell you, after having a racial slur unexpectedly explode all over my screen, I didn't snoop around much. That site is like getting punched in the gut.

Yeah honestly I clicked, glanced, and closed. What a jerk.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 October 27, 19:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cala, you remember everything!  Cheesy After you explained what it was, I remembered it without checking your link, but I was lost before that.

Girl, you crack me up.  Grin

I remembered someone here did it - but it was ma mad google skills that got the business done Tongue All my memories are falling out into my thesis.  Cry Normally I would remember this pointless minutiae  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 October 27, 22:01:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's hilarious is that the person who made that is one of "those people".

The people who think black or homosexual is an insult. Roll Eyes

To that, I say:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6H0i1RAdHk
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 October 27, 22:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can harpoons be sent to the hosting service? I went blind before getting to the bottom of the page.

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 October 27, 22:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, the urge in the pit of my gut tells me to try and delete all of that asshole's shit... Does anyone know how to get in touch with Sparkle to let her know what the hell's been done to her site??

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
disgruntledmuse
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 October 27, 22:23:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden, you beat me to it.  My first inclination was to report this nonsense and get it deleted, but I wouldn't want to do so if it would prevent people from using it legitimately.   

Edited to add:  When you look at this more closely, if seems like a personal attack on SparklePlenty, which, to me at least, makes it even more disturbing.  If you click on the name of the person who supposedly made the edit, there's a picture of SparklePlenty (at least I think that's her, if I remember the thread where pirates posted their pictures correctly), and she's obviously black. Her profile has also been edited in a really offensive way.  Regardless, of whether the person who edited the site is also black, which is an assumption, this really turns my stomach.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 27, 22:58:18 by disgruntledmuse » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: