PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:13:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  What's with this site?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's with this site?  (Read 13496 times)
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: What's with this site?
« Reply #15 on: 2008 October 28, 01:00:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden, you beat me to it.  My first inclination was to report this nonsense and get it deleted, but I wouldn't want to do so if it would prevent people from using it legitimately.   

Edited to add:  When you look at this more closely, if seems like a personal attack on SparklePlenty, which, to me at least, makes it even more disturbing.  If you click on the name of the person who supposedly made the edit, there's a picture of SparklePlenty (at least I think that's her, if I remember the thread where pirates posted their pictures correctly), and she's obviously black. Her profile has also been edited in a really offensive way.  Regardless, of whether the person who edited the site is also black, which is an assumption, this really turns my stomach.

Shocked

I didn't know she was black. I've met her I think, if I remember correctly she was really nice. Well, even if she was a heartless shrew, nobody deserves that. God, this is sick  Angry

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 October 28, 01:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The abuse of her site should still be reported, though. Hopefully, the server company can track the person back and report them to their IP and maybe even get them into hot water. Doing shit like that ought to qualify as a hate crime and even though it's the net, I think it could be made to stick. Specially since Sparkle is from the States, I do believe. She's a sweet lady, sweet as all get out, but even if she wasn't, she would never deserve that.

That's the difference between us and the twats at TSR. We don't attack a whole race/colour, we just attack the general stupidity of one person. Unlike others there, who like to make comments directed at whole nationalities/races, we know where the line is and don't cross it.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Light_Angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 October 28, 02:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... I'm deeply offended by what's on that page now, and at whomever the racist pig is that had the nerve to sabotage it.  If anything, I hope they find them for sure.  (even though sadly, there's not much they can do to justify it.  The damage has been done, and I'm sure the person who did it is too satisfied with their "handiwork" to care if they get caught or not.) 

I didn't know Sparkle, but having lurked around here a long time, whenever I saw her posts they made her seem like the fun sort to have conversation with.  Sad that this racist attack had to happen to her.  And sadly, she's not alone when it comes to stuff of this nature.  This is one that's public, but certainly not the only one.  A lot of things of this nature have been happening behind the scenes with other simmers, too.   Angry
disgruntledmuse
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 October 28, 03:03:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reported this crap.  I'll let you know what happens.
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2008 October 28, 13:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reported it as well.

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
gayle_afcb
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 October 28, 13:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So did I.

It's official - I haz a crazy, paranoid, psychotic internet stalker... Waves to Atwat Tongue

Sims2Artists S2A forum
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2008 October 28, 14:38:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ayup.

Let's hope something constructive happens...

susim
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 October 28, 14:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That site used to showcase free sites.  Cry
Obviously an attempt of paysite racists to make her look bad. And she was really nice and helpful.
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2008 October 28, 16:01:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's really sickening, I went to her main site to see if there was any way to contact her, but I don't think she's around. She's not updated since January as far as I can tell.

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
disgruntledmuse
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 October 29, 02:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In response to the complaints, they're now just requiring you to confirm that you are 18 to access the site.  I joined (briefly) and posted something and then made another complaint. Looks like someone named "addy787" joined the site the same day all the changes were made, so I suspect this person is the culprit.   
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 2008 October 29, 02:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In response to the complaints, they're now just requiring you to confirm that you are 18 to access the site.

Yeah, because abuse and racial slurs are totally okay if you're over 18  Roll Eyes Doesn't matter one lick anyway, because the offensive part is in the browser bar and the tab name, or whatever the hell you call that in proper English.

What a goddamn lazy way of 'solving' things. They must be patting themselves on the back for covering their asses so elegantly.

Tempest Limmerfer
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2008 October 29, 13:17:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sparkle did some very neat things on that site...it was a good wiki for free sites. I added some info and such as well, and remember there being a few pirates there as well, helping (can't recall who at the moment). It was well-done and a generally nice site with good information and updates and all.

I have been busy and haven't checked in for some time. The person who did that to her site is really a jerk.

Sparkle, on the other hand, is funny, smart, and a sweet-heart of a person. She's really one of the "good-guys" and to see that......seems like a 12 year old had a stinky attitude and needs his mouth washed out with soap and a good ass-whipping from Mom and dad.

www.limmerfer.com
proudly hosting designs by : Nii

EA Games: Welcome to Pixel Hell, Bitches! (Snarky)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 November 01, 19:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked on it today and there was nothing there, just something saying that they had no such site by that name. I think that's a good thing, but dammit, Sparkle didn't deserve that. It still rankles that some sick asshole pulled that.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 November 01, 19:23:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a quick questions, it was mentioned that Sparkle had information about freesites and latter. Is there another place out there like that? That just has a list of tons of freesites?

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2008 November 01, 20:25:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Solely freesites listing? There's freesite only updates (Wicked sims) and you've got lists like sims3cri and simkompass that list free or pay.

There is of course, the freesites listing that yamikuronue (a pirate) was making - http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Category:Freesites and http://www.spring4sims.com/top-free-sites/.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: