PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 13:33:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR's Corrupted Files
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR's Corrupted Files  (Read 13915 times)
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: TSR's Corrupted Files
« Reply #15 on: 2008 November 04, 21:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, my head is splitting again, didn't mean to be more bitchy than needed. I'll take the rum, maybe it will kill this pain cause it won't go away no matter what I try... Gonna go see if I can find something other than motrin. Cheers and all that!

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
raynuss
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 November 05, 12:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the information, but Ray you should contact Hec about this. Even then I do think it would be in vain, because not a lot of those creators bothered to update their items anyways. Just PM Hec and see if a true issue.  Tongue

Just to clarify matters, when I first discovered that some of the TSR files here were corrupt, I reported it to Hec.  The result...nothing.  I reported several other TSR corrupt file to Hec in subsequent PM's.  The result...nothing.  It seems that Hec has no time for the subject.  That's why I posted here..Incidently, it isn't that the files themselves at TSR are corrupt, it happened for a short time during a server problem at the site.  The problem since has been resolved and the files are fine.  All it takes is to redownload the file.  It seems that Hec has no time for this either.  Do I sound bitter?  Yea, I guess I am!!! Angry
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2008 November 05, 13:34:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the information, but Ray you should contact Hec about this. Even then I do think it would be in vain, because not a lot of those creators bothered to update their items anyways. Just PM Hec and see if a true issue.  Tongue

Just to clarify matters, when I first discovered that some of the TSR files here were corrupt, I reported it to Hec.  The result...nothing.  I reported several other TSR corrupt file to Hec in subsequent PM's.  The result...nothing.  It seems that Hec has no time for the subject.  That's why I posted here..Incidently, it isn't that the files themselves at TSR are corrupt, it happened for a short time during a server problem at the site.  The problem since has been resolved and the files are fine.  All it takes is to redownload the file.  It seems that Hec has no time for this either.  Do I sound bitter?  Yea, I guess I am!!! Angry

Hec has a real life too!  The people who run the booty are volunteers--they do it because they are against paysites, not so you can have you precious files whenever you want.  Just because Hec didn't jump on command is no reason to come here and be all pissy about it.  She and the rest of the booty staff get to things when they can.  You made her aware of  the issue, there's not much more you can do--so back off.

And no, since they are TSR files, its not just a simple matter of redownloading them.  TSR likes to hide shit in their files, so they have to be "cleansed" before they can go in the booty.   And now that you've posted here, we don't want to draw attention to what files are being downloaded because it tips TSR off as to what files the pirates are looking for.

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
ARR!

Sublime Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2008 November 05, 14:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry raynuss, I think I must be missing something. You seem to think it's okay to throw a tantrum and stomp your feet because the files you want aren't available? Entitlement attitude much? Hec has a life, and her own sims 2 site, which keep her busy. The time she and the other wonderful booty goddesses spend her is voluntary, to help spread the paysite butthurt. I am under the impression that TSR files need to be cleaned by Pescado, so why don't you go bitch to him about downloading old TSR files and cleaning them so you can have your shiny. See how far you get then.

Pesky Pescado's in your garden? SublimeSims.net. Proud host to Illusions of Grandeur, Calalily Sims and Sims2Artists.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2008 November 05, 15:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All it takes is to redownload the file.  It seems that Hec has no time for this either.  Do I sound bitter?  Yea, I guess I am!!! Angry

So you want someone else to pay for the files, redownload them and post them.  Fuck you.  Pirates *aren't* our slaves - they're donators of time, effort and money. And you're crying like a little baby because it's not done how you want it to - people like you are the reason all those "can haz" pms are ignored in the first place you brat.   

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 November 05, 16:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure there's a disclaimer in the FAQ about pming Hecubus or any of the booty volunteers that most likely you won't get a response.  Don't take it so personally.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 November 05, 18:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya know, I've even PM'd Hec about corrupt files. They weren't fixed right away but they were fixed eventually. People have lives they need to attended to dearie. And I'm sorry, but so many people come here and complain about things such as broken files, we are to means, why don't we have this set that just came out 1 millisecond ago... blah blah blah. So no need to be bitter about the whole ordeal, just wait patiently. And I can promise you the files probably aren't worth it anyways. So just chillax and go take a good poo, the pressure must be affecting your thinking.  Smiley

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 November 05, 18:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like the others have said, the people that work on the Booty have lives to live and jobs that pay and businesses that are starting up. Don't expect anyone to jump through a fucking hoop just cause you want something. If it's so important to you that they have it, get it your own damn self and donate the fucking thing! Good God, Mama Hec doesn't answer to you, doesn't take orders from you and sure in the hell doesn't owe shit to you. Sit on your fingers and wait like a good kid! Jeeeeezus...

Vidrovski
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 November 06, 21:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be careful, TSR n-a-n-u files are also corupted, I clicked on marlou collection and my game crashed Sad
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 November 06, 21:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

raynuss, if you could send a PM to ChemistryCourtney instead that would be great. She now mainly deals with TSR, so if you send her a list of what is corrupted then she will work with that! Hecubus is very busy with real life so is not dealing with TSR as much as she used to, lacks the time to do that so will certainly not have enough time to deal with PMs. As Pescado said, lists are good. We like lists. Feed us lists and that will be great. Or make a list here with the help of other members and let CC know about it.

If a file is damaged in the booty then let us know (the members here listed as 'Pirates', they be staff member like creatures) and it will get fixed, if possible. If its an issue on the paysite's end (which it often is) then there is not much we can do on that..but if the file has now been fixed like with CycloneSue's light set, and the other TSR sets, then will get it redownloaded and the fixed files placed into the booty.

And, Paden you toad! I don't get where you went from the original post to your response (post #14) - guess your heard was splitting when reading the thread and posting yea?  Huh That post makes little sense, and corrupted files is of interest to what we do so do need to know about it... I know you appreciate being told when you've stepped out of line or whatever, so just letting you know  Wink
« Last Edit: 2008 November 06, 22:17:31 by Jojoba » Logged

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

simsartgallery
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 2008 November 06, 22:22:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be careful, TSR n-a-n-u files are also corupted, I clicked on marlou collection and my game crashed Sad

This is true. It corrupts my game as well. But I think that one is more nanu's fault than anyone elses....
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 November 07, 08:05:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But, Jojoba, should they be posted on the board or maybe those lists should be sent in PM, where snoopers like Atwat can't see if there are problems? And, if Hec didn't answer about the T$R files being corrupted, shouldn't the FAQ have been checked to see if anyone else was doing them instead? And yes, my head is still splitting, this headache has been with me for over a week now and nothing I do gets rid of it. I'm thinking of naming it and seeing if I can get it listed on our taxes next time we file, it seems to have become a part of our family here at home. Any suggestions on how to be rid of it other than just cutting my fat head off?? *whimper*

Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 November 07, 09:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But, Jojoba, should they be posted on the board or maybe those lists should be sent in PM, where snoopers like Atwat can't see if there are problems?

Agree with you, better to PM it Smiley Think I was unclear in my last post - meant that either the OP makes a list and sends it, or talks privately with members here at PMBD who have posted about it (eg Cynara) and makes a list from that and PMs that.

And, if Hec didn't answer about the T$R files being corrupted, shouldn't the FAQ have been checked to see if anyone else was doing them instead?

Never said they shouldn't have checked that  Wink

And yes, my head is still splitting, this headache has been with me for over a week now and nothing I do gets rid of it. I'm thinking of naming it and seeing if I can get it listed on our taxes next time we file, it seems to have become a part of our family here at home. Any suggestions on how to be rid of it other than just cutting my fat head off?? *whimper*

I was brought up on natural, herbal remedies so not a good idea to ask me for suggestions  Cheesy Its been going on for over a week? Ouch. Serious ouch. Best go to the doctor about that as it should have calmed down by now
« Last Edit: 2008 November 07, 17:27:57 by Jojoba » Logged

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 November 07, 11:37:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ginko Bilboa is really good for the circulation, I take it every couple of days or so, and I never ever get headaches.  I know it's herbal, but it works for me. In fact herbal medicine feels better on the tummy too.
Hope you get better Paden.

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Smeagol
ARR!

Trixsy hobbitses!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 November 07, 11:50:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And yes, my head is still splitting, this headache has been with me for over a week now and nothing I do gets rid of it. I'm thinking of naming it and seeing if I can get it listed on our taxes next time we file, it seems to have become a part of our family here at home. Any suggestions on how to be rid of it other than just cutting my fat head off?? *whimper*
As someone who suffers from about 5 migraines a month, I sympathize!

Paden, you need a single imitrex pill. a 25 mg pill will usually knock out a headache in about an hour.  If you call your regular dr, he should be able to give you a sample or call you in a rx for a single pill.  If you cannot go the dr route, I suggest a couple different things. There is a homeopatic remedy cslled a MY-GRAstick that you roll on your temples, it works ok for cluster headaches. (If you have had the headache for a week and sleep has not helped it is probably a cluster headache or a sinus one. Migranes usually go away with sleep.) Steam sometimes works for sinus headaches, and so does a neti pot. Also, as corny as it sounds, "Head On" (available at walgreens, cvs, rite aid, etc) works on cluster headaches too.  Medicine wise the best thing I have found that is not rx is Excederine extra strength. (I usually have to take about 4)

Hope that helps. I'll say a prayer for you! 

We wants it, we needs it, must have... the booty... Precious!

"Or better yet, sell 'I survived the INSIM thanksgiving Day Massacre' tee-shirts." SoggyFox
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: