PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:15:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Promoting PMBD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Promoting PMBD  (Read 6686 times)
L Lawliet
Landlubber

You can pay a visit to Mr.I-don't-give-a-damn

View Profile
Promoting PMBD
« on: 2008 September 28, 13:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello everyone, I have been gone for some time to work on several projects that are either SIMS 2 related or otherwise none of anyones business (ask if you want, I don't mind) but I was wondering...what is PMBD doing about promoting the site?
This is just out of curiosity; I have already tried to promote the site through recommendations to friends and family about going to PSMBD instead of the actual paysites, and have supplied a link to the site through my SIMS 2 videos that use content I got from here.
I have also been fighting with paypal to allow me to donate to PMBD, but once again I am in a loosing battle. So I must apologise for a lack in activity and for not making any donations. (I will slam my head on the desk if it will make you feel better? Lol.)

If this is in the wrong forum, then sorry again. I've missed comming here and reading the posts, most of which make me laugh after a very dull day, and haven't been here to see if anything new has been submitted to the Booty.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 29, 00:37:43 by L Lawliet » Logged
Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Promoting PSMBD
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 28, 15:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the acronym should be PMBD (Paysites Must Be Destroyed) first of all  Grin I'd say the answers you're looking for are all over the site. Don't be afraid to use the search button and LURK a bit before starting a new thread.

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 28, 15:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think mostly by word of mouth and the use of links on those that support the site.  I know that several times people have found PMBD just by google due to the increased use of links on sites.  I am not sure exactly how you could actively promote PMBD.  I do know there was a project (and I don't want to be more specific for obvious reasons) in the works, but I have no idea what the status of that is. 

What would be interesting would be to go to the How did you find this site thread and see how people got here. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 28, 15:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it sounds like, by recommending the site to your friends and linking from your videos, you're doing quite a bit to promote the site already. Besides asking those friends to help out by spreading the word themselves I can't think of anything off the top of my head. Unless...

You wouldn't by any chance have access to a blimp, would you?

edit-TWO missing words and ONE missing letter! I astunded myself!
« Last Edit: 2008 September 29, 15:22:45 by SnarkyShark » Logged
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 28, 17:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always thought that image of the TSR logo being blasted from behind by a cannonball would make a good promo for PMBD propaganda.

EDIT: And please change the title, as syllables are not abbreviated. MATY isn't MASTY now is it?
« Last Edit: 2008 September 28, 17:15:46 by Pirate Alex » Logged
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 28, 17:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hur, that just sounds MASTY!

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 29, 03:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You wouldn't by any chance have access to blimp, would you?

or a huge manatee

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
L Lawliet
Landlubber

You can pay a visit to Mr.I-don't-give-a-damn

View Profile
Re: Promoting PMBD
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 29, 09:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been spreading the word to friends I know in person, and those overseas through the internet. I've tried to make some posts on some forums to let people I know on them that paysites are infact illigal and they should support PMBD, and added credits to the site on any SIMS videos I make (I beleive I am repeating myself there) so I was wondering if anyone had anymore ideas that would help me promote the site to people who're being stubborn about PMBD being the one that is "illigal" and converting them to freesites.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 29, 09:27:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's nothing much you can do to persuade those who think it's illegal.  All you can do is keep giving out the link, and hope that they visit.   Smiley

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Astonished lemons
Banned!

OHAI

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 September 29, 15:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most people just get here by word of type.

Ive seen dozens of people discover this place in various forumns just because someone in a WCIF thred says "Oh, thats by Peggy. Its in the booty."

If someone wants free stuff badly enough, they'll find us.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 September 29, 15:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most people just get here by word of type.

Ive seen dozens of people discover this place in various forumns just because someone in a WCIF thred says "Oh, thats by Peggy. Its in the booty."

If someone wants free stuff badly enough, they'll find us.

Tis true. I actually discovered this site from a link in someone's signature over at MTS2. There's not really to much you can to advertising wise over the internet.

If you go to a forum that doesn't allow file sharing, then you can link to money better well spent as well. They have links to the booty. Also in forum cases like that, I go to wcif threads, and pm people the link to the booty if they have pay items in the threads.

Also is it just me, but has reflex become less..... stingy about filesharing? There was once a wcif thread where I linked to the booty, before I realized they were anti-share, and it wasn't deleted. And in a couple of their earlier updates thread, they would separate the pay items from free and had really amusing smileys to say the pay items were bad.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 September 29, 15:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also is it just me, but has reflex become less..... stingy about filesharing? There was once a wcif thread where I linked to the booty, before I realized they were anti-share, and it wasn't deleted. And in a couple of their earlier updates thread, they would separate the pay items from free and had really amusing smileys to say the pay items were bad.

Yeah - I don't know what happened, but it's no longer a "booty must be destroyed" forum.  I took it out of my favourites because of their paysite loving ways, but it's back now that they're easy about PMBD. I don't know what's changed, but good on them.  Kiss

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: