PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:02:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Photoshop shopped!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Photoshop shopped!  (Read 140566 times)
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Photoshop shopped!
« Reply #315 on: 2009 January 19, 15:47:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I try to limit CC... but I always manager to go nuts. So now I think I will upload my lots unfurnished. ... even tho to me they  don't look finished that way. Not that my lots are all that awesome but I think they turn out well and I like to share my goodies with others.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: 2009 January 19, 22:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just use maxis stuff - people like that.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2009 January 19, 22:38:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I try to limit CC... but I always manager to go nuts. So now I think I will upload my lots unfurnished. ... even tho to me they  don't look finished that way. Not that my lots are all that awesome but I think they turn out well and I like to share my goodies with others.

I agree with Cala. Use maxi's stuff. I don't download cc lots. I have enough of my own cc to keep track of.  Cheesy

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2009 January 19, 23:20:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I enjoy downloading Maxis furnished lots because then I can get a feel for how the creator wanted the lot to look. Then I replace things with whatever I like best, but usually keep the positioning the same. It takes a little more time, but surprisingly less than if I downloaded an unfurnished lot. Downloading a content-laden lot is like a kid whose parents tell it that it's going to get a lollipop, and then take it to the dentist. Oh, sure, the kid gets a lollipop in the end, but it's not the same thing.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: 2009 January 21, 18:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm weird - I like to use a little CC, just to promote sims artists that are free, and maybe share around other people's stuff.

But, I don't download any lots usually, because that's what I do myself.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
crunk
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2009 January 22, 15:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a confession. I downloaded some stuff from the Booty, namely a few reflexsims sets. What can I say? I wanted them, and I thought it would be kind of ... fun? to post pictures of me using reflex pay files on the reflex forums. The failure, let me show you it:

Inside, very pretty, not all reflex but the furniture and drape above the bed is:

The view from the backyard leaves a little to be desired:

I admit, I has a sad. Mirraj, although a prat, is a free site right now and has similar stuff which I will probably end up using.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2009 January 22, 16:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a confession. I downloaded some stuff from the Booty, namely a few reflexsims sets. What can I say? I wanted them, and I thought it would be kind of ... fun? to post pictures of me using reflex pay files on the reflex forums. The failure, let me show you it:

*snip to spare the eyes the horror*

I do not understand what this fetish is of reflexsims to have those curtains in every bedroom.  I just hope she uses the same mesh, and doesn't make a new one for every single bedroom set. 

I've downloaded stuff in the booty too, I admit it.  I've ended up deleting most of it, because it's just not that great and I can usually find a free counterpart that is better.  I've also noticed that a lot of pay creators make the same set over and over again.  No, they don't recolor one set, they just make the same thing with all new meshes.  Free creators are more likely to make a set in one style, then make another set in another style, or make a set in the same style, but for a different room.  If I could mesh, that would be what I'd do, make different styles but only one set.  So I'd have one Victorian kitchen with a billion recolors, one modern kitchen with a billion recolors, so on and so forth.  Redundant meshes only clog up the game.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #322 on: 2009 January 22, 17:28:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The view from the backyard leaves a little to be desired:

Just moving it forward a bit (as a mesh) or shortening it would make it so much better - I don't think these peeps play their games, and see how annoying this is. I'm always frantic to make sure it's not bigger than it needs to be. 

Free creators are more likely to make a set in one style, then make another set in another style, or make a set in the same style, but for a different room.  If I could mesh, that would be what I'd do, make different styles but only one set.  So I'd have one Victorian kitchen with a billion recolors, one modern kitchen with a billion recolors, so on and so forth.  Redundant meshes only clog up the game.

I agree - except about the recolours - I hate doing bloody recolours, and just sit and pray that someone else will do them. Tongue  I still have all the bits from the bed set I did, but to reuse them? That's not very exciting. 

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #323 on: 2009 January 22, 17:35:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe that curtain problem can be fixed with snapobjectsto grid or setquartertileplacement, but seriously, if you need cheats and EPs just to make your items work (possibly) it's not worth it. The lack of care put into that stuff is stunning.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: 2009 January 22, 20:21:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got no problems with items requiring moveobjects to work, though the reason none of my bedding stuff is base game compatible is because I used a rug, so it wouldn't be an issue.  Which reminds me, I need to fiddle with the SIP bed mesh and see if I can make it work for me.  Got the permission, but these damn impacted teeth are driving me to distraction.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #325 on: 2009 February 28, 18:40:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I don't know if this is a Photoshop per se, but it certainly is a case of not getting what was promised.

One of my challenge sims just had a baby and I was building a nursery for the first time in ages, when I found a nursery set I didn't remember downloading. This is what it looked like ingame:

AW HELL NAW!

A little bleed-thorugh is annoying enough, but understandable in some cases. This crib is halfway through the wall. Shit like that just pisses me off so much. In case you're wondering, there's wasn't a cheat code in the game that could save that set. Unless you're prepared to build nurseries the size of a mansion, do not use that set. I mean seriously, look at that shit:

See, no joke. Half the object is right outside the house. That is not cool.

So I went looking for the creator and discovered that in a daze of confusion I must have confused the booty with a decent download site, because this is what I found on vitasims:

Yeah, right.

Also, I saw the big scary necromancer for the very first time. I haz a scared...

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2009 March 01, 00:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, even if the set sucks wind, I like the house you were trying to put it in.  Very bright and spring like.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2009 March 01, 00:42:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have that set too, I also have no idea how it came to be in my game. I haz a suspicion that my sister dled it when she was here... payshit in my game... grumble...   Anyway, glad to know it actually is shit, now I can delete it and not scare the Sim neighbours half to death with a crib jutting from my house.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: 2009 March 01, 00:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, even if the set sucks wind, I like the house you were trying to put it in.  Very bright and spring like.

I didn't build the house though. MTS2 is very wonky for me at the moment, but it's on there. It's called Villa Kunterbunt if you want it. Wink

kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2009 March 01, 16:03:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@crunk

Reflex stuff is notorious for that. If any of their stuff is in fact game tested then they really just don't care.

This is from WallSims. Looks nice but yikes!

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: