PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:55:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Photoshop shopped!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Photoshop shopped!  (Read 140569 times)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Re: Photoshop shopped!
« Reply #135 on: 2008 November 02, 18:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In terms of fixing the bed, Cala I know you said it would be a pain, but would there be a way to raise that peggy bed so they are under the covers? I know you might run into issues with clipping with all the pillows and such, but would it even be possible?

I wouldn't touch her mesh because I believe that paysite crap *shouldn't* be fixed by anyone else.  It should go out in all it's crappy glory and the name shouldn't be spread around with the caveat "just a little free fixing and it's fine, please pay again". That gives free, good press to paysites, and suddenly their shit is everywhere - and they can justify selling it.  Wink

Looking at the picture, though, you could extend the legs and see how it looks, and then if that looks hinky you could possibly make the bed base thicker.  Depending on how the mesh is compiled, that might be easy or hard - because if the whole thing is part of one group, then you'd spend ages at it and possibly wouldn't work depending on the mapping, which would stretch.  It would be possible, but with the time and effort you'd have to take, it would be easier just to make a replica from scratch.

I'm sure that Peggy has made polys no issue - so if you're prepared for a high poly, it could be reliably reproduced in a short period of time.  If you wanted lower polys but with the same amount of detail, that would take slightly longer, but would be worth the effort. Going by previous beds, I'd say 2 days tops to produce a replica that didn't have the problems (and bonus you didn't have to credit goddamn Peggy).  

As far as clipping, the head of the sim would certainly clip into the pillows strewn around the bed, but that's not an issue if you don't want it to be - although obviously you wouldn't be able to take pictures of them sleeping in it, as raising the bed would disappear your sim unless you got rid of the ones lying around nearer the sim.  

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2008 November 02, 18:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh thanks. That sounds more complicated than what it's worth. Maybe it's because I don't really mesh, but eh. As for high polys, I'm fine with that. I have a fairly decent computer, I just hate the fact knowing that one day my compy will explode into a thousand pieces with all my videogame obsessions on it.

Maybe Cala this is a sign that you should do a frilly fluffy bed!  Cheesy

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: 2008 November 02, 18:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen beds very similar in style, one being Holy Simoly.  I know there are others, I just don't remember where right now.   Wouldn't it be better to just create a deco mesh of pillows and duvet to go over such beds?  Extra pillows are going to clip, unless you make the bed longer and allow space above the sims head.  But then you would need to change the footprint unless you wanted it poking out through walls.  Then I believe that gets into changing the animation because then you've moved the mattress around and entry/exit points are now adjusted.  lol Wouldn't deco duvet and pillows work better?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: 2008 November 02, 18:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh thanks. That sounds more complicated than what it's worth. Maybe it's because I don't really mesh, but eh. As for high polys, I'm fine with that. I have a fairly decent computer, I just hate the fact knowing that one day my compy will explode into a thousand pieces with all my videogame obsessions on it.

As I've been chatting about beds, this too has occurred to me and intrigued me - can I do this without contortion? Of course, with compy gone past Halloween, existing projects for Halloween have lost their urgency. Cheesy I might incorporate it into another theme that was waiting to be started before the compy was gone.  Calalily is a dilettante.  Cheesy All pray that the compy will soon be repaired, and all argy bargy by bastard video card company will be over tomorrow.  Tongue

Wouldn't deco duvet and pillows work better?

That could be a consideration - that you could make a deco duvet and remove it if needed.  But I don't think it would be necessary - you could mesh the bed with that included.  Of course, if you made the duvet, you could make it more versatile, but it might clip into bed bases, and not be as versatile as you wish.  I don't think you'd need to change the footprint or the animations though - I know I *don't* care if my sims are absorbed by the pillow or blankets, but I do care if they're contorted over the bed. 

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2008 November 02, 19:06:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I've been chatting about beds, this too has occurred to me and intrigued me - can I do this without contortion? Of course, with compy gone past Halloween, existing projects for Halloween have lost their urgency. Cheesy I might incorporate it into another theme that was waiting to be started before the compy was gone.  Calalily is a dilettante.  Cheesy All pray that the compy will soon be repaired, and all argy bargy by bastard video card company will be over tomorrow.  Tongue

If yours isn't already custom, you should really custom build your computer. I had an hp and that thing was a piece of shit. It was one of those mini towers too, so literally upgrading it was not an option. I tore the whole thing down, rebuilt it like 3 times, and now I have a gem. It can handle most games on the highest setting, hold all my sims downloads, not to mention it looks badass. The case I chose for it was called the Nemesis, and it looks like a transformer.

I probably spent 1000 dollars on it, and that's getting two new cases, three graphics cards, two power supplies, two motherboards, a monitor, speakers, and various other little parts likes fans and such.

Wouldn't deco duvet and pillows work better?

That could be a consideration - that you could make a deco duvet and remove it if needed.  But I don't think it would be necessary - you could mesh the bed with that included.  Of course, if you made the duvet, you could make it more versatile, but it might clip into bed bases, and not be as versatile as you wish.  I don't think you'd need to change the footprint or the animations though - I know I *don't* care if my sims are absorbed by the pillow or blankets, but I do care if they're contorted over the bed. 

I love the deco bed covers and pillows, but here is my issue. I have literally 5 decorative bed covers, and lord only knows how many pillows. And only two bed covers, and two sets of the pillows are repository. All those objects with textures I keep because I like the textures, but I hate the fact they are repository. I don't care if the bed eats my sim, as long as I can't see their twisted ankles, but I do care when I have to hassle over matching bed spreads. Plus I can never find pillows that look just right on the maxis beds, because maxis beds have those pillows on them. I'm sure they could be removed, and I wish I knew how, cause they just throw my decorative pillows off for me.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: 2008 November 02, 19:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If yours isn't already custom, you should really custom build your computer.

Next one will be custom - I found a shop that builds them custom, with 3 year warranties and no vista. Cheesy At the moment though, I have a 3 year warranty - it's just all the bullshit that is bureaucracy taking me so long, and the people who made the video card that failed in a short amount of time are being little bitches about it. I don't have to deal with them, I just have to wait while the company that's fixing it deals with them. 

I love the deco bed covers and pillows, but here is my issue. I have literally 5 decorative bed covers, and lord only knows how many pillows. And only two bed covers, and two sets of the pillows are repository. All those objects with textures I keep because I like the textures, but I hate the fact they are repository. I don't care if the bed eats my sim, as long as I can't see their twisted ankles, but I do care when I have to hassle over matching bed spreads. Plus I can never find pillows that look just right on the maxis beds, because maxis beds have those pillows on them. I'm sure they could be removed, and I wish I knew how, cause they just throw my decorative pillows off for me.

I understand that - for future reference on more specific problems though, have you tried my bedding deco in repository and non repository flavours and if so, how do you feel about the way in which the pillows are dealt with with that?  It'd be helpful to know what the problem would be in that circumstance, so that I could remove those problems in the construction.  Smiley I know I didn't like the maxis pillows peeking out at me, and from memory, I tried to reduce that as much as possible, if not absorb them.  But I don't know if that's what you're referring to.

Visit Calalilysims

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2008 November 02, 19:36:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm no I didn't try those, but I will put them in a see how they look. As for the pillows:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j61/miss_sabrina/sims2/ScreenShot004-1.jpg

See how in that picture you can still see the maxis pillows? That irks me. Just a minor pet peeve of mine.

fake edit: Cala, I should go to target or something and just take pictures of all the pretty beds, because I love your beddings! This is why I should check out signatures more often.

calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: 2008 November 02, 19:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm no I didn't try those, but I will put them in a see how they look. As for the pillows:

See how in that picture you can still see the maxis pillows? That irks me. Just a minor pet peeve of mine.

Oh well, as far as that, no, I wouldn't allow the seeing of Maxis pillows if they were left in the mesh.  I agree - that's damn ugly.  Of course, it might be easier to delete them all together in a custom bed - if they're not being seen or used, then get rid of those polys. They might need to be left in, for some reason, but it's a matter of angling the custom pillows and making them plump enough to hide the maxis ones. Particularly if they're non-repository you don't want a mismatch. 

And thank you  Kiss - shouldn't have opened calalilysims - should have opened calalilybeddingandskintones. Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2008 November 02, 19:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the issue I have with deco pillows. They are pretty, but don't cover the maxis pillows. So then I end up lumping like 10 pillows on the bed, and then the bed just looks worse. I wonder if there is a way to do like an "invisible" color on the pillows, so even the maxis beds lose the pillows? Probably not, but I can dream!

And thank you  Kiss - shouldn't have opened calalilysims - should have opened calalilybeddingandskintones. Cheesy

Cheesy Yeah, you do have a lot of beddings. Now I wonder since you only have double beds pictured, do all the beddings work on single beds as well?

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2008 November 02, 20:06:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, they do and they look just as awesome as single bed covers.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: 2008 November 02, 20:14:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep - they do have single beds - Paden's right.  I never bother to take pictures of single beds though.  All my bedding goes on single beds. Cheesy

And there are transparent bedding recolours: thanks to the magnificent pfish

Visit Calalilysims

Owl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2008 November 02, 20:59:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

fake edit: Cala, I should go to target or something and just take pictures of all the pretty beds, because I love your beddings! This is why I should check out signatures more often.

Where did you get those lovely pillows and blanket?
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2008 November 02, 21:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simscave I think, let me see if I can't dig them up.

skatebait
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2008 November 03, 21:08:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mummysim at simsdevine has a gorgeous bed in a similar style, with removable pillows and blanket, the actual bedding is maxis.
http://simsdivine.com/home2/index.php?topic=4237.0
(scroll down thread for pictures)
SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: 2008 November 03, 21:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love love love that oval end table from that set. I use it in nearly all my houses.

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: