PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:39:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Photoshop shopped!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Photoshop shopped!  (Read 140558 times)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
Re: Photoshop shopped!
« Reply #120 on: 2008 October 30, 15:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen a bed work quite right unless it was using the eaxis bedding mesh.  Thing is, they look gorgeous - if all you are doing is a contest, then they are fine - but they suck if you play.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2008 November 02, 01:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen a bed work quite right unless it was using the eaxis bedding mesh.  Thing is, they look gorgeous - if all you are doing is a contest, then they are fine - but they suck if you play.

I used to think my game was broken because of all the weirdness that happens with custom beds.  Now I don't even bother, unless it uses the Eaxis bedding.  Otherwise, I just can't deal with the creepy factor of watching my Sims floating above the bed or having the bed absorb body parts.

I think this stuff should at least have a warning.  "Good for props only, not for gameplay!" 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: 2008 November 02, 02:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this stuff should at least have a warning.  "Good for props only, not for gameplay!" 

I pretty much use the game for storytelling purposes only these days, the times when I actually sit down to play the game are getting rare, but I still can't get myself to download custom beds. It's fine if you just want a picture of a bedroom, but if later on you need a picture of a sim sleeping in that bed, you're well and truly fucked. I'd rather not put myself in a position where I've publihed a chapter that has a picture of a bed that simply isn't fit for use, but need a shot of someone sleeping in it nonetheless.
It's a real shame too because some of the prettiest objects out there are beds. I really have to restrain myself or I'd be downloading them all.

Out of curiosity, because I'm a total n00b when it comes to object creation, what is it about beds that's so hard to get right?

Shark*Tooth*Hester
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2008 November 02, 02:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish someone would fix that bed and make it available   Wink

A lot of people lately have taken bed frou frou like pillows, blankets and such and made it into decorative objects separate from the bed itself. This way beds can retain maxis sheets that will cover sleeping contortions properly, and if you are so inclined you can take it off when your sims are sleeping, or leave it off all together. Best of all it can be used on more than one bed. I wish more people would do bedding that way instead of ignoring the awful sleeping animations.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: 2008 November 02, 03:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think alot of it is is involved in the animations.  There are a lot for the bed, so its probably a bit more than what any of the 3d programs can handle combined with simpe....  I guess this, anyway.

And I've done the foot blanket and throwpillow bloster thing as seperate items - no, I can't spell.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: 2008 November 02, 07:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiosity, because I'm a total n00b when it comes to object creation, what is it about beds that's so hard to get right?

Bedding has a tremendous amount of joints. You'd have to reassign those joints and that would be a royal pain in the arse.  I don't think anyone would bother as there's really no point - you'd do one elaborate bedding, and it would fit one bed.  Better to save yourself the effort and find some way to incorporate the existing bedding.  Because even if you did do it (it's like about 300 joints from memory) it would be a pain in the arse to get right, and would take ages, and no one would care. Tongue 

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Paloma
Landlubber

Bambi Syndrome, Polly Anna Disease

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2008 November 02, 09:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What irks me more then retarded above the covers sleeping is really nice beds with crap comfort and energy. I mean wtf? I delete beds that done have a minimum of 8-8. My sims have lives goddamn it! They don't need to spend all day trying to get comfortable and have to sleep for half the day.

Come to the dark side. We can rum and kitty cats.
cookiepirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2008 November 02, 12:44:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just use Sims 2 Categorizer from Sims Wardrobe and just change the comfort and energy levels on custom beds.  Works fine for me (sometimes too good when they are maxed out on fitness levels - they only sleep 4-6 hours and are up and running around).

~ the happy little cookiepirate ~
Cookie Cannibal
MONDAYS - A terrible way to spend 1/7th of your life
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: 2008 November 02, 14:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for explaining calalily, I think I get it. It does seem like too much trouble for something people probably don't care about. But I agree a little warning ('this bed looks like crap when used' this bed does not use Maxis bedding) would be nice.
I should probably put this in Ask a Pirate, but since we're on the subject, is there a way to tell from looking at them whether they use existing bedding? Forgetting for a minute that this is the Photoshop Shopped thread of course  Wink
« Last Edit: 2008 November 02, 15:37:11 by Devilfish » Logged

calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: 2008 November 02, 15:27:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should probably put this in Ask a Pirate, but since we're on the subject, is there a way to tell from looking at them whether they use existing bedding? Forgetting for a minute that this is the Photoshop Shopped thread of course  Wink

You can assume that they don't if you don't see it - having made a few beds, I know what to look for now.  So if you see a flat round bed with a sheet draped over it, it's pretty safe to say that it will have a contortion bit.  If you don't see the standard Maxis bedding patterns, you can assume that it *might* be a custom sheet in there with no joints.  Mostly, if it looks like a  standard Maxis bed shape like here then it's probably okay - it should look like a bedding you see in your game (be careful to look at the shape of the pillows and the way the sheets are as opposed to the pattern).

But that's not to say that without maxis quilt as uppermost, the bedding is guaranteed to be crap.  For example, if the bed were thicker, width wise, you would not have that trouble.  Take my morgue bed Lookie at the picture  Smiley That uses Maxis' bedding, as you can see in the upper right (a picture of the sim in the bed) the "slab" part of the morgue bed is placed higher over the existing bedding there - actually floating on top.  If you made a really high bed, you could get away with custom sheets - you'll have a little blergh look when they're getting in and out (they clip into the bed) but that can be reliably avoided for most of the time, and doesn't look like your sim is having a convulsion most of the time. Most importantly, you can take pictures of them sleeping, and they'll be fine.  You may have to alter your angle, but they'll look acceptable and non-floaty.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: 2008 November 02, 15:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks again, calalily! I've always avoided downloading beds because of this, but I think I'll give it another go. I have such a twitchy download finger, it's just too hard to resist.

That morgue set looks really cool by the way. Neat trick with the bedding. I could have really used that in my story. Serves me right for not checking out your site sooner  Embarrassed

calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: 2008 November 02, 15:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks again, calalily! I've always avoided downloading beds because of this, but I think I'll give it another go. I have such a twitchy download finger, it's just too hard to resist.

That morgue set looks really cool by the way. Neat trick with the bedding. I could have really used that in my story. Serves me right for not checking out your site sooner  Embarrassed

Aw thanks.  Kiss But so that you get more of an idea, here's some more new bed meshes that use Maxis' sheeting, guaranteed not to look like contortions:
Woolcroft bottom of the page and there are more on other pages
This moroccan bed - see even with extra pillows, it's still Maxis sheets
Click Mobel and there is a bed on the first page
You can see the beds half way down the page - again same mesh for the sheets

If you can see the same shape of the bedding, you can download it with little problem.  Smiley

Visit Calalilysims

Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: 2008 November 02, 16:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I think I recognise the type. I didn't know that last site either, looks really cool, especially the seperate bedding and pillows. Nice!

And so my downloads folder comes a little bit closer to exploding again  Grin

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2008 November 02, 18:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww now I have more downloads I don't need. My poor compy.  Sad

I agree with Blackdwarf. If someone creates something for pictures only, I wish it would be labeled. I think Nouk and I talked about this in an earlier thread, but peggy's stuff is basically meant for pictures only. Meaning her crap is so high poly, and not created correctly, it really only looks good by itself, no simmies.

In terms of fixing the bed, Cala I know you said it would be a pain, but would there be a way to raise that peggy bed so they are under the covers? I know you might run into issues with clipping with all the pillows and such, but would it even be possible?

Don't you love it when you have to go back and fix pay creators work because they are just to damn lazy?

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: 2008 November 02, 18:35:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with Blackdwarf. If someone creates something for pictures only, I wish it would be labeled. I think Nouk and I talked about this in an earlier thread, but peggy's stuff is basically meant for pictures only. Meaning her crap is so high poly, and not created correctly, it really only looks good by itself, no simmies.

I use some paysite stuff for my blog, including somepeggy hairs and I haveto agree. It's really pretty if you manage to position the camera juuuust right, which is kinda hard if your game screams out in terror and throws a hissy lagging fit at the amount of polies. But, I'm in it for the pretty pictures. Couldn't play with that crap though. Al the sims I actually play have decent free hair and outfits, the way god intended them to  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: