PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:59:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  EA has been SUED 5 TIMES MERRY CHRISTMAS EA MUHAHA ARR!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EA has been SUED 5 TIMES MERRY CHRISTMAS EA MUHAHA ARR!  (Read 100532 times)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Re: EA has been SUED 5 TIMES MERRY CHRISTMAS EA MUHAHA ARR!
« Reply #255 on: 2008 December 21, 19:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just don't permit anything to connect to the Internets. Anything which tries to sneak itself onto the Internets is dodgy anyway.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2008 December 21, 22:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just don't permit anything to connect to the Internets. Anything which tries to sneak itself onto the Internets is dodgy anyway.

And that's exactly what I'm afraid of, that it will insist on connecting, or won't start unless you connect or whatever other nasty tricks.

I never pirated games before.  Not because I'm overly honest, but because I don't play many games, so the few I do play, I want to own copies.  And also, because I am lousy at figuring out how to get them working once downloaded.  And I hate always going, "Honey, can you do this for me?" to my husband, god knows he has better things to do than hold my hand through illegal software installation. 

But, if I get Sims 3, it will be Arr'ed, after the intelligent folks figure out how to strip away the crap, and find a way to take out the "phone home" feature.  It's not an economic thing, it's a common sense thing.  Why should I pay to have my computer borked when I can get something for free that isn't borked?  The non-borked part being much more important than the free part.  If EAxis offered two versions of Sims3, one with all the phone home and securom crap, and one without, even though the one without would be more expensive (justified by saying, "hey, if you don't have securom, that means you have unlimited installs, so we have to charge more!") I'd buy it. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
ARR!

Sublime Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: 2008 December 22, 01:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are those of us with forums would would be more than happy to hold your hand through the process of arrquiring games.  Grin

Pesky Pescado's in your garden? SublimeSims.net. Proud host to Illusions of Grandeur, Calalily Sims and Sims2Artists.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: 2008 December 22, 01:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skadi... dude... I know the enforced avatar is getting to you, but that shiny new sig you're sporting is going to get you in so much trouble...

Sorry. Carry on.

Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2008 December 22, 04:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the 'Pescado in a pink dance outfit' siggy pic is so...perfect !     Cheesy

and what the hell is he doing?    throwing up?    eating grass?    Huh
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2008 December 22, 04:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's smelling the flowers!

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: 2008 December 22, 06:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skadi... dude... I know the enforced avatar is getting to you, but that shiny new sig you're sporting is going to get you in so much trouble...

Because she'll get another enforced avi, or a permanent (seeing as she has temporary) death threat?  Cheesy That's a Christmas present for Emma - we're all giggling about it at Sublime.  Cheesy

I think the 'Pescado in a pink dance outfit' siggy pic is so...perfect !     Cheesy

Also wears purple the sassy minx.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2008 December 22, 06:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death to Calalily.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: 2008 December 22, 06:56:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death to Calalily.

I'm glad you like it Pescado - it suits you.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2008 December 22, 06:58:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Darqstar
And I hate always going, "Honey, can you do this for me?" to my husband, god knows he has better things to do than hold my hand through illegal software installation. 

LOL. But nothing says "I love you" like a pirated EA game. (Bonus: it's also a pretty good way of saying, "fuck you, EA and your SecuRom")
dorquemada
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2008 December 22, 11:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, it's basically like this:

"Boss, the masses really didn't like that salmonella batch that we shipped our bacon with."
"That so? Alright then, swap it for typhus, will you?"

The sad thing, there are people who would not google Steam (just like they didn't google Securom and were against it just because someone told them it's bad) and would actually be content with this 'improvement'.  And I fear they're not in minority. Roll Eyes

Isn't that pink Pescado's outfit made by a girl-hating chick who make her male Sims all girly? Someone should send her the screenshot.  Cool

The Pirate Party!
_____
Every time you can has, God kills a lolcat.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2008 December 22, 13:47:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are those of us with forums would would be more than happy to hold your hand through the process of arrquiring games.  Grin

And I may just have to rely on that in the future.  Grin

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: 2008 December 22, 15:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I may just have to rely on that in the future.  Grin

Cheesy You wouldn't be the first pirate I train in the noble art of arrr-ing, feel free to PM me if you have trouble.
I'm amazed at myself. I used to chide and lecture my ex-boyfriend for downloading one game, now I'm teaching people I don't even know personally how to do it. I'm not as noble as you, I just do it out of spite. No logic involved in it, even if I can't afford to pay for the games. Usually when I can't afford something, I get used to not having it. But I hate EA, I hate what they did to their customers and I want everything they do to be a financial disaster. If teaching my little sister and some 12s how to arrr can help achieve that, count me in.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2008 December 22, 17:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recall an essay where it was written that when attitudes like that start appearing, it really WILL start to be a problem. Whereas pirates-of-convenience and 12s-with-no-money don't represent any loss, when it starts turning into a political protest, that is when it starts to actually lose money.

pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2008 December 22, 17:51:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hooray!!!!

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: