PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:33:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  EA has been SUED 5 TIMES MERRY CHRISTMAS EA MUHAHA ARR!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EA has been SUED 5 TIMES MERRY CHRISTMAS EA MUHAHA ARR!  (Read 100535 times)
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
Re: EA has been SUED ARR!
« Reply #60 on: 2008 September 27, 21:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

a lot of it rests on the results of the court case, to be honest and how long the court case takes to run it's course. Keep in mind that the issue with Sony and the music CD copy protection started sometime in mid 2005 and wasn't settled until 2007 (april from memory) and it wouldn't surprise me if EA tries to dig their heels in further on this issue.. so even if they lose one case, they could appeal and put Securom on Sims 3 in the interim..

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2008 September 27, 21:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, because it makes more sense to spend that money dragging it out, instead of making money by being big boys [and girls] and admitting it is a failure at preventing piracy and is losing them more money.  See, if they did and just settled, its cheaper.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 September 27, 21:48:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*chuckle* you know that, and I know that.. but obviously EA and Riccitello haven't been hit with ENOUGH of a clue-by-four yet..

DaBuschckah
Landlubber

ZOMG WTF is webspeak?!?

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 September 27, 23:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*chuckle* you know that, and I know that.. but obviously EA and Riccitello haven't been hit with ENOUGH of a clue-by-four yet..

Congratulations on cementing your position as 'Liz's hero of the day'. Cheesy

Call me Liz!
Art Blog!
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008 September 28, 00:24:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin Ah thank you Liz..

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2008 September 28, 02:36:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, of course not - because we're just 'The Masses' and obviously don't know that the Corporations only have OUR best interests in mind.  And all of a sudden, I've got Institutionalized running through my head.  Still, they are so used to being able to get away with practically murder that they'll keep stabbing themselves in the back while continuing with worn out policies.

www.thestormradio.com
Silver Arrows
ARR!

Disillusioned miscreants FTW!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2008 September 28, 18:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and it wouldn't surprise me if EA tries to dig their heels in further on this issue
Even so, I don't think they can claim that 'any publicity is good publicity' as far as this court case is concerned. Hopefully the damage that securom is capable of will be made more well known as a result and perhaps more people will join a boycott.
Here's hoping anyway

Run into the setting sun — run and suffer. Just don't mess up your hair
Silver Arrows's P&L at me
lemmiwinks
ARR!

Swashbuckler

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008 September 28, 19:09:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, of course not - because we're just 'The Masses' and obviously don't know that the Corporations only have OUR best interests in mind.  And all of a sudden, I've got Institutionalized running through my head.  Still, they are so used to being able to get away with practically murder that they'll keep stabbing themselves in the back while continuing with worn out policies.

Why does that remind me of $cientology? Have you been reading LRon's propaganda?

Don't forget to use the "Thanks" button!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2008 September 28, 20:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hell no - I don't even willing touch his books by the covers.  However, this is very much the vibe that most corporations have always given off.  They stop seeing us as people, and only see us as a number, as just a consumer.  I imagine if the people running these actually started to see us as fellow human beings, they would either kill themselves from the shame, or actually put out something of -quality-.

www.thestormradio.com
Vicci
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 September 28, 21:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually found out about this through SimSecret, so your plan worked! I don't participate in the whole community much anymore but I like to laugh at SimSecret, like many people, but I will be keeping my eye on this one. I'm so happy someone has finally gotten to EA and has started to sue.

I read through a majority of the 30+ pages not understanding most of it but from what I did I found it very impressive and the way it's worded gives a very strong account of what is happening with SecuROM and it gives the lady and all of us a very good leg to stand on. If everyone can get enough evidence together for Spore, Sims 2 and all of the other EA games involved then the scales will balance on our side in no time.

I personally have no personal experience in dealing with SecuROM as I didn't buy any expansions or any other EA PC games after Seasons but I warned everyone at work against buying Spore as there was a lot of us interested in it (I work in GAME, so of course there would be) and they were all pretty suprised at what the games contained. The one thing I hate about in GAME is with the amount of post-Seasons and Spore I sell and the amount of computers that must be infected by selling them is just disgusting.

Good luck with finding your evidence guys. Cheesy
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2008 September 28, 22:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Vicci

Y'know that makes me happy? The big thing that anyone who's been working on the Securom issue wants is for people to know what's going on.. that way if you're going into the game shop and you can make choices that with information.. the people who buy something knowing it's got the limited installs on it, I have less concern for than people who get stung.

And I think the protests have had some effect.. all the forecasts before this said they expected EA to sell two million copies of this game this month.. instead of which, they've sold a million.

Kath

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008 September 28, 22:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonder how many of them got returned to the vendors because of the problems it has/causes?

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2008 September 28, 22:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I saw many Amazonians (where many is 10-20) declare that they would refuse acceptance of their pre-ordered copies of Spore when delivered.  I saw others who had it in hand, unwrapped, declare they would return it.  Whether they did or not, who can say. 

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Vicci
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 September 29, 08:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonder how many of them got returned to the vendors because of the problems it has/causes?

So far I've heard of no copies of Sims or Spore come back to our shop for any issues. Hopefully once this case gets bigger there will me more coming back because people don't like the SecuROM and such. It'll be interesting to see the more publicised this case gets to the amount of copies of Sims/Spore gets returned.
Astonished lemons
Banned!

OHAI

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 September 29, 08:20:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what would be completely AWESOME? If the judge or members of the jury were active in the sims community. Like, they know all the dirt going on with Eaxis, TSR, paysites, etc.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: