PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:14:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  EA has been SUED 5 TIMES MERRY CHRISTMAS EA MUHAHA ARR!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EA has been SUED 5 TIMES MERRY CHRISTMAS EA MUHAHA ARR!  (Read 100530 times)
Nightmare
ARR!

Grammar this moron: Besame el culo

View Profile WWW
EA has been SUED 5 TIMES MERRY CHRISTMAS EA MUHAHA ARR!
« on: 2008 September 24, 16:48:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.courthousenews.com/2008/09/23/spore.pdf GLOBAL

http://www.courthousenews.com/2008/10/08/MassEffect.pdf GLOBAL

Girard Libbs investigation US only pending

Next ones will be paysites

2 MORE

Spore Creature Creator spanked.

http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/california/candce/3:2008cv04733/208019/1/

Girard Libbs has been filled

http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/california/candce/3:2008cv04917/208302/1/

Finkelstein Thompson LLP

http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/california/candce/4:2008cv05373/209262/1/

I point and laugh at you, damn EA
« Last Edit: 2008 December 04, 21:42:16 by Nightmare » Logged

Die! Securom! Die!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
Re: EA has been SUED ARR!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 24, 16:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That link makes all three of my browsers freeze for some reason.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Millie
ARR!

Mean, callous, Harpy.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 24, 16:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got it Paden, eventually. It's about securom on Spore.

Every time a woman masturbates, God creates a kitteh. Think of the Kittehs people!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 24, 17:01:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still, if they're being sued, that is a good thing and can only help in getting rid of that damn stuff. Nightmare, can you put that link up at the PRISM? It would be good to let others know that people are fighting.

fway
ARR!

ESTP

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 24, 17:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohh! I hope this case is successful for those who sued. Teach those bastards a lesson over @ EA.

EA has released a Patch that removes part of the DRM that allows you to deactivate another computer. However, for me, that doesn't cut it at ALL.  Undecided
Source mobuzz on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QRHKoqRxZ8&feature=user

Nightmare
ARR!

Grammar this moron: Besame el culo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 24, 17:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still, if they're being sued, that is a good thing and can only help in getting rid of that damn stuff. Nightmare, can you put that link up at the PRISM? It would be good to let others know that people are fighting.

Already sent some time ago to CC. Feel free to do it yourself. alternate way http://www.courthousenews.com/2008/09/23/spore.pd

Notice that I deleted the f? Copy/paste it add the f and to the link.

Make a BIG STICKY THREAD.  ¡LOL!

Die! Securom! Die!
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 24, 17:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's another link. Lots of sites are reporting it now.

"Electronic Arts, a leading maker of computer games, defrauds consumers through its "Spore" game, which "completely wipes their hard drive" and replaces it with an undisclosed program that prevents the computer from operating under some circumstances and disrupts hardware operations, a class action claims in Federal Court."

Well it's about time someone used EA's own weapon against them. That weapon namely being LIES AND PROPAGANDA! Huzzah! Oh joyous day! This'll go down in hiztoree as the day someone got some balls and took 'em on!

Interesting... I've been thinking that the whole "installs as hidden program to harddrive" thing could be used against them for awhile now. I mean, that is the most illegal thing of all. I obviously don't have the time or financial backing to sue them though. Still, this news has made my day. Nay, week!  Grin

If it's anything like the 'Sony BMG CD copy prevention scandal', then this will not end well for EA and Sony.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 24, 17:24:35 by Pirate Alex » Logged
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 24, 17:18:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The news is being spread:

http://www.simprograms.com/?p=2172

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2008/09/24/ea-faces-class-action-lawsuit-over-spore-drm

http://www.courthousenews.com/2008/09/23/_Spore_Hijacks_Computers_Class_Claims.htm

Cheesy

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 24, 17:37:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do I feel the overwhelming urge to point and laugh at EA?
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 September 24, 17:42:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so glad this happened. It's one thing to fight against EA on the internet, but it's another thing entirely to drag them into a legal battle. It makes me with I had the money to hire lawyers and do this kind of thing myself.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 September 24, 17:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People can band together and sue as a group.

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 September 24, 17:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good.  I just hope it isn't fluffed off and that we'll all have to hear about how EA are just poor, starving, folks trying to survive and how because of  filesharing, some high up muckymuck can no longer afford a gold plated jet airplane or some such other crap.  

I can't believe for a moment that EA isn't losing money on this.   The Sims, both 1 & 2 are always the games I buy.  Yes, I've downloaded other games, tried them and gotten rid of them quickly, or bought them if I liked them, but with The Sims, I never hesitated, I just bought them.  To me, they weren't that expensive, and since I loved them and would transfer them to different systems as I upgraded, it just made sense to buy them.  Also, I wanted to encourage EA to continue making them.  Hell, I'd even buy copies for my husband for his system, just for the loyalty end of it, and to give him his own serial numbers so he could use the exchange too.  

Well, Seasons was the last expansion I've bought.  I'd love to try the others, but I don't dare.  I'm not the computer whizz my husband is, if it screws up my computer I'll be at his mercy for when it can be fixed.  I'm not going to pay money to get screwed over.  

I've had several people explain how easy it would be to pirate the expansion packs I'm missing. Until SecRom, i never listened, because I knew I'd be buying them.  Now I'm listening.  

EA, honestly, I'd rather give you my money, get my product and be done with it.  I dislike downloading and fiddling with cracks and ISOs and all such.  I find it a pain in the backside messing with all of that, it's so much easier to me to just own the darned discs and know that I can install them whenever I need to.  But you've just made it so that owning the discs is more of a hassle than fiddling with a pirate version.  I can't imagine what would have possessed you to do this, unless you were thinking, "Hey, we're just selling way too many games.  How can we put a stop to this?"

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
SBNao
ARR!

...may the cutest win.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 September 24, 17:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've wished I had the money to sue them for The Sims for a looong time now. Sue them for SecureRom and force them to provide SecureRom-less copies for anyone with their disks/proof of purchase. Oh, and never ever EVER being able to use the damn program again for fear of lots more lawsuits.

If this wins, it'll cost them a LOT of money. And then hopefully someone with the money to hire lawyers will take them to task for Sims as well. See how nicely that eats into their profit margin.

Yae and Sae; the original Olsen twins.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2008 September 24, 18:11:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had several people explain how easy it would be to pirate the expansion packs I'm missing. Until SecRom, i never listened, because I knew I'd be buying them.  Now I'm listening. 

This is exactly what EA doesn't seem to understand.  Instead of stopping pirating, they have CREATED pirate with their stupid DRM.  I am exactly like you.  Bought everything up to Seasons.  I am not buying anything else because of SecuROM.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Astonished lemons
Banned!

OHAI

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 September 24, 18:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope this makes them stop adding SuckuROM to everything that comes out of their factory.

Maybe they'll even make something to get rid of it! Like an uninstall program with an apology in it.

Nah, thats a pipe dream.

Angry
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: