PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 00:48:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  why is everyone here so means?!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: why is everyone here so means?!  (Read 74458 times)
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
Re: why is everyone here so means?!
« Reply #255 on: 2008 September 27, 23:12:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Popeye sticks are like candy cigarettes right?

Ohh, deelink...coffee. I love coffee.

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
LadyDea
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2008 September 27, 23:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They used to have red on one end to emulate cancer-sticks, yeah. They don't anymore. My dad says I'm addicted to Popeye sticks, though. Tongue

Come visit Sammytopia
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: 2008 September 27, 23:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I drink about 10 cups of coffee a day. I loves it dearly - we also have powdered turkish coffee for when we have turkish delight (I'll look for mastic flavour ta Alexia).

I used to drink coffee with sugar, but Coolington secretly weaned me off it and then laughed.

We have those here too LadyDea - they're called Fads.  I also really loved these chocolate cigarettes we had here when I was younger - wrapped in cigarette papers and everything.  They're gone now because of anti-smoking campaigners.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2008 September 27, 23:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trust me you won't be thanking me once the kilos start adding up Cala  Grin The mother-in-law is addicted to the stuff. Powdered turkish coffee?! Is it the same as ground (grind-ground isn't it?) turkish cofee? If not you're missing out. Freshly ground turkish coffee oswhat heaven must smell like  Smiley

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
LadyDea
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2008 September 28, 00:07:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We have those here too LadyDea - they're called Fads.  I also really loved these chocolate cigarettes we had here when I was younger - wrapped in cigarette papers and everything.  They're gone now because of anti-smoking campaigners.

We have chocolate cigarettes here (Canada) too, and they are quite yummy. I like 'em even though I'm very anti-smoking. I got them a lot when I was a kid, I just ate them, never even considered or compared them as cigarettes. I just thought it was a pain to get the thin paper off. Tongue They can be found in most candy stores.

Come visit Sammytopia
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: 2008 September 28, 00:30:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trust me you won't be thanking me once the kilos start adding up Cala  Grin The mother-in-law is addicted to the stuff. Powdered turkish coffee?! Is it the same as ground (grind-ground isn't it?) turkish cofee? If not you're missing out. Freshly ground turkish coffee oswhat heaven must smell like  Smiley

No - it's the same. Cheesy It are lovely - I want to buy a briki though - I've been making do with a small saucepan, but I need MOAR foam.  In fact, I think I'll make some tonight.

We have chocolate cigarettes here (Canada) too, and they are quite yummy. I like 'em even though I'm very anti-smoking. I got them a lot when I was a kid, I just ate them, never even considered or compared them as cigarettes. I just thought it was a pain to get the thin paper off. Tongue They can be found in most candy stores.

It was a pain - but I think it effected the chocolate - it made it drier.  I shall box myself up and send myself there. Cheesy And then I will puff smoke in your face. Tongue

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Astonished lemons
Banned!

OHAI

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2008 September 28, 00:34:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only reason I know what Turkish Delight is was because of that Narnia book.

That was the same for me. As a kid, I always wondered what it was, since they made it sound so good - When I came across it at a specialty store back in high school, I immediately grabbed a small package of it. It was a Rose flavored turkish delight candy bar... I took one bite and almost retched. SO SWEET. It was like eating potpourri gel. I was so disillusioned! Why would Edmund do what he did* for THAT stuff... (It does explain why he gets awfully sick afterward though!  Cheesy)

* It know it's been like 50 years since the books were written, but someone always bitches when you give stuff away, even though I think the statute of limitations on spoilers for this is WAY past...

You made me laugh so hard I fell off my swivel chair and my sister came it to see what was wrong.

Thank you.
Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2008 September 28, 00:35:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you ever find yourself in Greece, Cala ,go to a traditional kafenio (coffee house). They serve turkish coffee (called greek coffee over here b.t.w.  Wink ) which has been prepared in a really tiny briki either on a heated stone or in heated sand. It makes all the difference in the world. Plus it's the bestest  Cheesy coffee in the world. IMHO that is!

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2008 September 28, 00:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was the same for me. As a kid, I always wondered what it was, since they made it sound so good - When I came across it at a specialty store back in high school, I immediately grabbed a small package of it. It was a Rose flavored turkish delight candy bar... I took one bite and almost retched. SO SWEET. It was like eating potpourri gel. I was so disillusioned! Why would Edmund do what he did* for THAT stuff... (It does explain why he gets awfully sick afterward though!  Cheesy)

Heh, I thought the exact same thing at the time. When I first read the book at 7 or 8, my first thought (having already tried the candy) after reading that bit was, "Turkish Delight? Really? That kid's an idiot". Cheesy

I hate sugar in coffee. BLERGH.  Angry

With great to okay coffee, I agree absolutely. On the other hand, for my sketchy work coffee, sugar is an absolute necessity. Foulest substance ever. Tongue
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2008 September 28, 02:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can buy them at newsagents here - box yourself up and post yourself to me. Cheesy

Maybe I will Grin
« Last Edit: 2008 September 28, 02:23:02 by Markus » Logged
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: 2008 September 28, 02:34:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen greek coffee - you can turn the mostly empty cup over once the liquid is gone and nothing -moves-.

But I'm not much of a coffee drinker - when we'd got to the greek town near Tampa florida, I'd always get a glass of mavrodaphne instead - best wine ever.

As for cookies, agreed on the oatmeal raisin - oatmeal makes the best cookies ever, no matter what extras you add.

And it saddens me that we changed candy ciggies into popeye sticks.  When there are so many other things of more risk to our kids, including the advertising targetted at getting them to turn into fat little type 2 diabetics, we worry more about candy ciggies that are older than most of the crap kids eat regularly, and likely better for them, since sugar is less harmful than all that high fructose corn syrup.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2008 September 28, 12:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate sugar in coffee. BLERGH.  Angry
With great to okay coffee, I agree absolutely. On the other hand, for my sketchy work coffee, sugar is an absolute necessity. Foulest substance ever. Tongue

Geez, what does it taste like?

My boss is Greek, and his dad still works from time to time in the shop, I always know when he is having his "coffee time!" because of the rich Greek coffee smell. I've tried it with him various times. It's so fucking strong, I bounce off the walls. Hence why I've "tried it" and don't regularly drink it. It's so dense! Tasty though, but definitely a "sometimes" thing for me Smiley
Luckily there are many coffee houses around, and my boss brings us coffee all the time Smiley Since their coffee culture is so strong, the coffee is always HOT, always STRONG and if I don't wrestle the 6 packets off sugar off my boss before he dumps them in there, very sweet....yuuuuuck. I don't understand why he needs to put 6 sugars in there...6 sugahs! I always yelp at him "I want coffee, not some sort of weird coffee candy concoction! Gimme those damn packets! Psycho!"

Yes I call my boss psycho. He calls me a dumbass. It's all good Tongue

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: 2008 September 28, 14:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I worked for a greek he'd add honey instead - which is not only healthier but tasitier too.  Then again, he was also just drinking normal american coffee too.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2008 September 28, 15:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally whenever I have greek coffee I use a 1:1 coffee-sugar ratio. I take all other kinds of coffee black, but greek coffee is so strong that it would make me ill would I drink it black. As to what it tastes like...well it's stronger than espresso and has a fuller (make sense?) taste, part of this is due to the fact that the coffee isn't filtered but rather cooked. It smells like heaven but I wouldn't recommend drinking it later than midday as it can keep you up for the rest of the night. If you're a Terry Pratchett fan think Klatchian Coffee  Grin.
You can tell I like cofee now, don't you  Cheesy ?

Beth
ARR!

Random writing.

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2008 September 28, 16:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like YORKIE chocolate bars   Kiss

But IT'S NOT FOR GIRLS!!!

I can't stand my coffee with sugar anymore. The only time I drink it now is at work, but all the rest it has honey in it. It can be a pain relief sometimes too, for sore throats. And I get a lot of migraines so it helps with that, hence why I'm addicted :]
My boyfriend is a coffee lover, so whenever we go to a coffee shop like Costa coffee (a Starbucks-esque coffee shop) he gets an extra shot of coffee, he likes it strong. He's a weirdo though lol

Updated April 30th!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: