PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 13:38:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  why is everyone here so means?!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: why is everyone here so means?!  (Read 74506 times)
Astonished lemons
Banned!

OHAI

View Profile
Re: why is everyone here so means?!
« Reply #240 on: 2008 September 27, 17:47:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its amazing, half the candies youre mentioning Ive never heard of.
The only reason I know what Turkish Delight is was because of that Narnia book.

Around here the best easily attainable chocolates are either Dove or a brand with a name I cant spell. (Gihaldi, grihaldi? Something with a G.)
The best chocolater ever, however, comes from a store in San Francisco. I cant remember what the place is called, but they sell all these cool molded chocolates.
My aunt got me a package of the ones shaped like dolphins and sea horses.

ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2008 September 27, 19:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ghiradelli. They sell those EVERYWHERE here...being the place it hath been born from the froth of the...er..bay? I don't really like Ghiradelli, strangely enough. I think maybe a sensory overload.

Haha, are you talking about those little touristy chocolate shops in North Beach? They do have amazing fudge in some of them.

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
HeartOFire
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2008 September 27, 19:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was thinking Godiva..those are good too.
EmilyTwitch
Mentally Retarded
ARR!

is still in 12-school...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: 2008 September 27, 19:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like Lindt chocolate. Although, just about any chocolate is good (as long as it isn't Hershey's.)

Oh look, I get a speshul title. Thanks Pescado.
Artwork?
Druid
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2008 September 27, 20:16:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only reason I know what Turkish Delight is was because of that Narnia book.

That was the same for me. As a kid, I always wondered what it was, since they made it sound so good - When I came across it at a specialty store back in high school, I immediately grabbed a small package of it. It was a Rose flavored turkish delight candy bar... I took one bite and almost retched. SO SWEET. It was like eating potpourri gel. I was so disillusioned! Why would Edmund do what he did* for THAT stuff... (It does explain why he gets awfully sick afterward though!  Cheesy)

* It know it's been like 50 years since the books were written, but someone always bitches when you give stuff away, even though I think the statute of limitations on spoilers for this is WAY past...
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: 2008 September 27, 20:22:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like turkish delight.  As a candy, its nowhere near as sweet to me as alot of the more modern candies.  And let's face it, back in the early 40s it was likely like asking for a box of snickers or something.

I 'specially like the rose flavoured ones.

As for chocolates, give me belgian chocolates.  They are the best I've ever had, and according to a belgian friend, the ones they ship are trash compared to what you get there.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2008 September 27, 20:33:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of ya all suck. Now I want chocolate.  Angry

Grin

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: 2008 September 27, 22:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are a couple of Chocolate shops around these parts that I have to physically turn my head away if I am walking past. We have the Lindt Cafe for godsake. And millions (okay hyperbole anyone?) of chocolate shops. Tiny rose flavoured, violet flavoured, every kind of flavour (snozzberry?). Rich dark melt-in-your mouth chocolate. Which is more than just a bit of cocoa and shitloads of sugar (like let's say Nestle or Cadbury - sorry Cala, I HATE cadbury, and I'm not a snob, it's seriously too sweet), which I hate.

You shouldn't have turned your eyes away from the Lindt Cafe - they have 70% cocoa dark chocolate and 85% dark as seen here.  Coolington waxes lyrical about it.  Nothing sweet about that chocolate - except I've found that extreme bitter does morph into sweet if you have a piece.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2008 September 27, 22:22:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not too fond of Turkish Delight (It's also known as soutzouk-loukoum in Greece and Turkey). Somehow whenever I used to go visiting with my nana all of her friends insisted that I ate at least a piece of rose flavoured one. Theoretically it's supposed to make young girls sweet! Fat chance, I'm living proof of the oppposite as my lovely husband can confirm  Grin. If you're into the stuff try Mastic flavoured (can be a bit difficult to find, but I suggest trying out Greek or Turkish delis).

My personal piece of heaven: Sundried orange slices covered in bitter chocolate. They're quite bitter at first and then you get a chocolaty explosion on your taste buds. Too bad they're considered an easter treat so they're available only a couple of months per year

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2008 September 27, 22:26:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My personal piece of heaven: Sundried orange slices covered in bitter chocolate.

That sounds devine! The closest I've come to that is when I bake grated orange peel (orange zest??) into my chocolate chip cookies.

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: 2008 September 27, 22:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try baking orange slices (with their peel on) for a couple of minutes until they dry out a bit, and covering them in melted chocolate. But sundried are soo much better. Damn now I can't wait for this year's oranges to rippen. (We never buy imported fruit as we mostly grow our own)

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: 2008 September 27, 22:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, I'm a big one for baklava.  Its a kind of sweet lebanese pastry.  Crushed nuts, usually walnuts, wrapped up in filo pastry and soaked in a honey syrup.  That and pavlova.  I rule the sweet toothes Smiley

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2008 September 27, 22:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love baklava. There's this little deli near where I work that's run by a Lebanese couple. The wife makes her own baklava and it's amazing. Not to mention they're adorable.

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2008 September 27, 23:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah the Lindt Cafe is pretty damn good. But I can't trust myself to go there more than three times a year, because I do want to maintain this ability to walk and not waddle Tongue

Anyhoo, Baklava rocks! Homemade is so delicious! Especially with coffee... sweets and coffee....my favorite. Which is probably why I never ask for sugar in my coffee. Overkill Tongue
I hate sugar in coffee. BLERGH.  Angry

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
LadyDea
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2008 September 27, 23:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not a big fan of chocolate, I don't like chocolate cake, chocolate muffins or even chocolate chip cookies (oatmeal raisin is my favourite). I do like Cadbury and Lindt, though. Creamy, smooth milk chocolate is to die for. I hate dark chocolate, too bitter.

My favourite candy, though, is Popeye Sticks. They are simply white, candy sticks made out of various sugars. They don't have a definite taste, but I love them. Lucky for me they cost only 30 cents and I can find them at most gas stations in the candy isle. Smiley

The candy I hate the most is Tootsie Rolls. Disgusting. Blech.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 28, 00:36:01 by LadyDea » Logged

Come visit Sammytopia
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: