PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 20:04:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  why is everyone here so means?!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: why is everyone here so means?!  (Read 74537 times)
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
Re: why is everyone here so means?!
« Reply #210 on: 2008 September 25, 11:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

White Rabbit candies and black jellybeans? You crazy kids... eating stuff that isn't meant to be food. I know the White Rabbit candies well, I once popped one in my mouth after they were given to me as a complimentary gift from a Manga shop in LA (they sent them to me along with my online order), forgetting how incredibly foul they are. After I exorcised it from my jaw, using my kung-fu grip. I vowed, rubbing my tender jaw, never to subject myself to Evil Rabbit Candy Hell, ever again!

As for black jellybeans...Ever seen a liquorice lover eat those things? Because I haven't. They are so nasty, even the Liquorice Queens, you know the foul beasts that eat rope after rope of that vile crap, stop and say "Black Jellybeans? Oh EW, AS-IF! That's not food. It's not even candy."

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: 2008 September 25, 23:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I adore black jelly beans - the black ropes are pale licorice....but the best is the all-sorts from England.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2008 September 25, 23:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw something about white rabbit candies being recalled today on the news:
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/09/25/white-rock-candy.html

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2008 September 26, 00:19:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

White Rabbit candies are probably one of the most common Halloween candies that are given out around here (and have been for years and years). I remember as a kid that when we all portioned out our candies in terms of "eatable-ness" they were generally near the middle bottom; for that point when you'd run out of caramels and toffees but not desperate enough to break into the candy corn, marzipan or flavored marshmallow stash Cheesy. Weirdly enough, it wasn't that we didn't like them, but more that every year we would forget that we actually thought that they were tasty.

I saw something about white rabbit candies being recalled today on the news:
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/09/25/white-rock-candy.html

Yep, they had to be recalled recently due to a tainted milk issue (not the White Rabbit maker's fault; the powered, I think, milk came from a separate company with some dodgy quality standards).
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2008 September 26, 00:48:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No...it was because there were trace amounts of melamine. There's an instant coffee and another product that were recalled due to tainted milk.
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2008 September 26, 01:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No...it was because there were trace amounts of melamine. There's an instant coffee and another product that were recalled due to tainted milk.

Ah! Thanks. My memory isn't what it used to be Grin (although I will note that it was milk powder that was contaminated by melamine, although the problem is much more widespread than only one source Wink).
mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2008 September 26, 01:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh....well, I clicked and must've mis-read:
"In addition to White Rabbit candies, the agency has already singled out Mr. Brown 3-in-1 Instant Coffee and Nissin Cha Cha desserts for possibly being been made with tainted milk products."

I took that to mean that JUST the Mr. Brown3-in-1 Instant Coffe and the Nissin Cha Cha desserts may have been made with tainted milk products. Silly me. My rum levels must be getting dangerously low...
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2008 September 26, 01:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My family used to buy White Rabbit candies all the time. At first they were nice and soft and chewy. I think they must have stopped making them and relied on 40 year old back stock, because the last few times we bought them it was like trying to chew on metal. We finally stopped purchasing them after that.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: 2008 September 26, 16:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marzipan, near the bottom of tasty treats?  No wai!

I adore marzipan.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2008 September 26, 18:01:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I enjoy it, too! Around Halloween time, you can find those peanut butter kiss thingies... Those are addictive, even if they will pull out a filling or two.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
LadyDea
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2008 September 26, 22:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

>.>
<.<

I like candy corn.

Come visit Sammytopia
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2008 September 26, 22:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind candy corn now and then, but if I eat too much of it I wurf it up fast.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
MissModelesque
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2008 September 26, 22:42:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really (REALLY) enjoy Andés Candies. Those things are like heaven to me. I always get scolded every year around Christmas time because I steal every last one of those delicious little devils from the candy bowl.

Every year, I piss off at least 10 relatives. I should have learned at age 5 that turkey and chocolate don't go together. But I'm a hard head, so I'll never learn.
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2008 September 27, 00:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya know those licorice all-sorts?  I dont like the solid ones, but go for those little ball covered round soft ones.   Tongue
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2008 September 27, 01:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Traditional candy-wise, I'm a gummi bear and jellybean fanatic. But only certain gummi bears and jellybeans. Haribo gummi bears are heaven and I loooove Jelly Bellys, especially the vanilla, dr pepper, and watermelon flavored ones. The buttered popcorn ones are EVIL, however.

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: