PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 07:33:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1073260 times)
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #4035 on: 2009 March 17, 04:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow.....just beyond belief   Undecided

Dot, and you TSR people, and it is known that you read this forum,  just stop and consider a few things: you are being LIED to, you are being USED!

Can you not step back and see that Thoma$$ is raking in big dough and tossing small shiny baubles to distract you?

At what point did you abandon rational thought and 'drink the kool-aid'?  When did lying and cheating start being 'normal' for you and when did losing your sense of right & wrong happen?

Ask yourself: If so many people 'outside the Group' say The Group is wrong, have proof that The Group is wrong...maybe in fact, the Group IS wrong.

I know it is difficult to admit that you were deceived, you were manipulated, you screwed up and made seriously wrong choices...and nobody wants or likes to admit those failures, but you need to wake up and look at Thoma$$ and TSR for what it is: a lying, hurtful and morally bankrupt organization.

You may have sold your dignity for TSR money, you may have sold your pride to protect yourself from admitting you were wrong...but in the name of all that's holy and good in yourself, don't abandon or sell your soul to Thoma$$.  The last ounce of goodness and decency still remains in most of the FA's and TSR people, I am sure of that...don't throw away that remaining humanity selling pixels and your human dignity for some greedy cult-master.

Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4036 on: 2009 March 17, 04:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh for fuck's sake.

It's called image compression.  That's all it is.

Blurring and slight anti-aliasing easily comes from what I'd consider "normal" levels of .jpg compression to make an image net-friendly.  Turning an image into a .gif removes the chance of artifacting and blur, but it can modify the colors.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4037 on: 2009 March 17, 05:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, if I was going to try and pull the wool over people's eyes, I'd use someone who is not laughed at for being the pink poodle of shape.  Come on, they have a few folks over there who are reputable, more or less, or at least considered to have a few brain cells.

DOT is a dimbulb, plain and simple.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: 2009 March 17, 11:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DOT's original thesis -

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: 2009 March 17, 14:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow.....just beyond belief   Undecided

Dot, and you TSR people, and it is known that you read this forum,  just stop and consider a few things: you are being LIED to, you are being USED!

Honestly?  At least with Dot, I don't believe she is being lied to.  I believe she knows exactly what she's doing, she knows Coconut's screen caps are real, she is making the choice to try to discredit Coconut.  It is not a case of her believing what she writes, it's a case of her bullshitting everyone else into believing.

I think what really irritated me was the condescending way she treated her audience.  As I mentioned, I don't think they are aiming to convert us, they're aiming on getting anyone who's on the fence over to their side.  And instead of treating them with dignity, instead of trying to understand, she talks to them as if they are spoiled slightly retarded children who should know better.  "Now it's time for you to go play in the yard."  "Remember?  You did this in Kindergarten!"  What next?  Is she going to order anyone who doesn't love her crappy lamps to go "Stand in the corner?" 

Of course, with everything she's pointing out as "proof" being so easily dismissed as bullshit, for anyone in the know about such matters, it comes off as if she wrote a parody.  But the point is, everyone doesn't know.  And if I was on the fence and saw that, I'd be pissed.  You don't get people over to your side by implying they are so stupid they'll never be able to figure out to shit or go blind without your help.   While most people are stupid, no one likes it pointed out to them.  And no one is as stupid as Dot is implying.  And when it comes to Stupid, in the case of Dot, it's sorta like the blind woman telling the one eyed man that he doesn't see very well. 

So, once again, TSR is doing our work for us.  That entire blog entry is made of fail and it's not just the examples she used.  Some folks might believe it.  It's the condescending, pissy little attitude Dot pushed forward, trying to act as if she's smarter than anyone, when personally, I think she needs someone to stand behind her and say, "In with the good air, out with the bad."

And yeah, Dot, I know you're reading this.  And yeah, you're going to dismiss this as, "Oh, it's just a dumbass pirate." But remember something about this site.  We're HONEST.  Even if it doesn't suit us, we're honest.  Look at your lamps.  As much as many of us would like to just be able to say, "All her lamps are as stupid as she is." we have admitted when we've liked them.  So no, don't dismiss this.  You're a mean little idiot and you fail.  It takes brains to be mean, and you just don't have them.  If you want to convince people to your side, you don't talk to them like they are your students and you're the special ed preschool teacher. 

YOU need to learn to "Play nice."  Quit telling others to.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: 2009 March 17, 20:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... she talks to them as if they are spoiled slightly retarded children who should know better. 

Which is apparently her mother tongue. How convenient is that?

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: 2009 March 17, 21:01:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... she talks to them as if they are spoiled slightly retarded children who should know better. 

You and Snarky make it dangerous for me to drink anything while cruising the forum. I  want you both to know that.  My monitor has soda and tea stains that will never come off.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: 2009 March 17, 21:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You and Snarky make it dangerous for me to drink anything while cruising the forum. I  want you both to know that.  My monitor has soda and tea stains that will never come off.

Which is why is says in the FAQ not to drink while on this site. I never have food or drink right next to me when I am here, I have it on the other side of the room, that way I cant get it all over my computer.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Moonie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: 2009 March 17, 21:52:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always have something to drink right next to me.  My screen is far enough away where, if I blow water out my mouth, it won't reach.  However, I have never spewed out laughing here.  I'm sure someone will make me do it eventually.  Wink

Two atoms were sitting at a bar... one says "I think I just lost an electron."  The other asks "are you sure?" To which the first one replies " I'm positive." - Wadsworth (from Fallout 3)
eternal_darkness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: 2009 March 17, 21:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dot's tut is exactly like her lamps: useless and unnecessary. If she's such an expert, why not make a tut on HOW to photoshop forum screen shots? Or better yet, make her OWN example ? *cricket**cricket*

The World Will Look Up and Shout, “Save Us!” And I’ll Look Down and Whisper, “No.”
Jonesi
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4045 on: 2009 March 18, 02:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DOT's original thesis -

I love shape, so funny!

KiwiJaye
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: 2009 March 18, 05:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Over on the BBS, where I like to troll post occasionally, I have a sig linking to coconut's blog. I recently received this in my guest book:

...just wanted to thank you for your link in your signature to www.tsrcoconut.info. Saw it in BlueSoup's thread, 'An Open Letter to EA' and figured it linked to info regarding the comments about TSR being in cahoots with EA. And boy I was NOT dissapointed, LOL.

I mean, I always knew TSR and their 'staff' was on the sleezy side. And I've had my suspicions they've been bedding with EA to get exclusive rights to stuff and help them operate as a business for quite a while (though Tommy Boy will say he's just covering the costs, yeah right!). But I didn't realize how deep that hole was until reading through all that.

Anyway, thanks for the link. It was very informative and led me to the info I had missed being out of touch with the community for a while.

Viva La Revolucion! Wink

*passes out rum* One (or maybe it only counts as half, as they already kinda knew TSR was sucky) down, 938214 to go.

(Of course, I also had a message from a mod saying that my posts were removed, and I needed to change my sig to something that doesn't link to content sharing sites. Since when is coconut's blog a content sharing site? Just because it's on the same server? So I made the sig bigger, and red. Oh noes, how will I live if I get banned from the BBS?  Huh)

Edited to make a bit more sense.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 18, 05:30:56 by KiwiJaye » Logged
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: 2009 March 18, 08:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thats great. I have it linked in my signature too, the new link coconut gave us. I haven't bee on the BBS in a while (I find it more inviting here) so I don't know if anyone has bitched to me about it yet.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: 2009 March 18, 14:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kiwi put this in your sig... [url*=http://tsr.mustbedestroyed.org/]The Sims Resource[*/url*] except without the "*" it will make it look like this The Sims Resource and put a little "click me!" I doubt the mods will ever have time to check it. Tongue

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: 2009 March 18, 14:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, for all of MaxoidDrea's hot air, my old sig is still intact over there. I have links to Reclaim Your Game, and the .mustbedestroyed.org version of Cocunut's link, as well as a not-that-cryptic advert for PMBD too.

The hot air coming out of MaxoidDrea's mouth over at the BBS is simply that. Hot air.

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: