PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 23:37:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1072344 times)
jssimone
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #3795 on: 2009 February 25, 18:51:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If there really is an "announcement", I would imagine it probably has something to do with the tool Thomss has been angling to get in order to make Sims 3 content (whatever that means) exclusive to his site. Maybe some crappy pattern making tool.

I believe this as well. The announcement will be that EA is letting them have a first look at some secret special tool. Some secret special tool that will be obsolete once The Sims 3 is cracked open like a watermelon by the community and better tools are developed. The timeframe of that happening will be, by my best estimate, at least a week before the actual Sims 3 world release  Wink

*Disclaimer: This theory is based upon the idea that the Sims 3 won't suck rocks (even though it probably will) and the community's best are even going to be interested in developing tools (they will because they're awesome) and the timeframe the game gets cracked (early very early)
eternal_darkness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: 2009 February 25, 19:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the "super secret tool" wouldn't be secret for very long if T$R is the ONLY site producing CC. The rest of the community would sniff that out immediately and flip EA and T$R the bird and stomp off. And like jssimone said, the community will probably come up with better tools anyway (again).

The World Will Look Up and Shout, “Save Us!” And I’ll Look Down and Whisper, “No.”
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: 2009 February 25, 19:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA has been tacitly doing this all along by inviting them to fan-events and, more recently, creators camps. Like it's been said before, EA would be cutting their own throats if they gave TSR any other endorsement other than that.  If there really is an "announcement", I would imagine it probably has something to do with the tool Thomss has been angling to get in order to make Sims 3 content (whatever that means) exclusive to his site. Maybe some crappy pattern making tool.

Oh yeah, they've been smooching up to TSR since day one.  However, for all the smooching, their EULA says what TSR is doing is wrong.  Even TSR knows it, because their battle cry always has been, "But if EA doesn't mind, then neither should you!"  

You are probably right that it will be an exclusive tool.  Considering that everything in Sims 3 seems to revolve around "Put your pattern anywhere!" and they don't have an easy way to import textures, you're probably spot on that if it is a tool, it will be a way to easily import a texture.   Which will be a tool fans will want to get their hands on, for sure, but it won't encourage people to buy the product it puts out. After all, finding a texture or making one is pretty easy, I can't see a lot of people willing to pay the money TSR charges merely for a bunch of swatches.  

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3798 on: 2009 February 25, 19:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not me, that's for certain - and if they give TSR the only texture tool, then you know people will squawk.  But, I'm not worried.  Because while homecrafter is useful, Simpe is -so- much better, and I know the 'hackers' will come up with better tools in short order.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3799 on: 2009 February 25, 20:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to agree on the tool theory.
This is classic TSR. They still think we're all about the shiny toys. ("Once we get the newest, shiniest toy in all the playground, they'll have to respect us and be our friends!") I don't think anyone there ever really understood that we don't give a crap about their cc, their creators, their shiny tools and their big boy friends. It's typical for them to think that we'll all want to be BFFs again when they have some exclusive tool or toy, because that's what they're like. They'll mooch of the biggest fish in the pond when they can and they simply can't imagine that for us and anyone who objects to their practises, it's a matter of principals and ethics.

I'll still be here (or if 'here' doesn't exist anymore, somewhere like it) long after EA and the paysites have a public orgy and go around town taking candy from babies and spitting in their cribs to celebrate we-love-shafting-children-day. TSR and other paysites aren't just illegal. They're also wrong. It's the second that offends me most.

scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: 2009 February 26, 01:20:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the announcement wasn't really from EA at all.  Maybe he was referring to that silly little Maxiod comment the other day that no can have links or any mention of us or coconut in their posts or signatures anymore.  I can see Thomass taking that for way more than it is worth and not noticing that the link to coconut's blog is now stickied  instead (or was, I havent been over there to see it is still there).  I know how much Thomass forgets that Maxiods are not EA.  I wouldn't be surprised if that was enough to get him gloating and thinking "that will show them!".  He is just that clueless.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: 2009 February 26, 01:27:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are probably right that it will be an exclusive tool.  Considering that everything in Sims 3 seems to revolve around "Put your pattern anywhere!" and they don't have an easy way to import textures, you're probably spot on that if it is a tool, it will be a way to easily import a texture.   Which will be a tool fans will want to get their hands on, for sure, but it won't encourage people to buy the product it puts out. After all, finding a texture or making one is pretty easy, I can't see a lot of people willing to pay the money TSR charges merely for a bunch of swatches.
I actually doubt this. First, EAxis would simply lose money by not selling it. Second, consider that TSR has difficulty hanging onto its FAs. If it *WERE* an exclusive tool, they can't NOT give it to their FAs, or their FAs would be useless, and it only takes one moment of faffy artiste rage for the thing to end up everywhere.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
JustDucky
Landlubber

Boycott all things T$R!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: 2009 February 26, 01:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To help every one better understand the statement made by SteveB I will post the email trail between us. Here are the emails (I have removed my name and email address so as not to be spammed.) The first email is at the bottom, sorry I was too lazy to fix it.  Tongue

Steve,

As originally requested I want my account on the Sims Resource deleted and all personal information you have on me removed from your electronic and print files. Not renewing my subscriptions is not the same as deleting my membership. I do not want a free or paid membership on the Sims Resource.

The ReflexSims forum (RSF) was never yours to hand over. I do believe there was great influence put on the owner(s) of RSF from people associated with the Sims Resource to clean up the “pirates” from the forum. It is hilarious that you have labeled RSF as having “pirates”. If you had ever been to the forum you would know that your statement is false.

When in my email did I mention the possibility of your using my credit card number to buy subscriptions to other sites? When did I mention the possibility of your sharing my credit card number with others? I did not! What I did say and I quote:

I revoke any authorization that may have been given to the Sims Resource, its Owners or Agents to use or share my personal information in any format. Personal information includes but is not limited to my name, address, city, state, zip code, country, email address, telephone number, birth date, gender and all information given to you by PayPal.”

I am influenced by no one; I make decisions for myself and weigh all information that has been placed in front of me. I have been sitting on the fence for quite some time now; always being able to swallow the things happening in the Sims community because it never directly affected me. This time it has affected me and I am not going to stand by and be a lurker anymore. I am taking the only action that is available to me, thus the request for deletion of my account.

You have not to worry about me becoming a “pirate” and downloading the Sims Resource meshes and recolors from the booty because I will never place in my game or on my computer anything from the Sims Resource; this includes free and pay meshes and recolors. Unfortunately I have had to delete one of my favorite creators from my game and computer, Mirake. But I’m standing on my principals, if I kept her items in my game I would be a hypocrite.

I welcome EA to comment on something, anything; their silence has fueled the fire for far too long.

If someone was creating false emails and forum posts that concerned me you can bet I would protest as loud as possible that they were false. Has anyone from the Sims Resource done this? Not that I’ve seen or heard about. If all of this is “laughable” then why would so much time and energy be put into repeatedly taking down a website that is filled with lies? If the actions of the people associated with the Sims Resource did not back up what is being published then you would probably have very little to worry about because everyone would know the statements were lies. But you see, the actions do back up the statements and to be perfectly honest with you it is pretty scary.

My decision is final. I have no desire to be part of the Sims Resource.

Sincerely,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: *****@yahoo.com
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 9:36:36 AM
Subject: Re: Subscriptions

Hi there

It’s a shame that you have made such a decision based on the coconut site when pretty much everything posted there is made up to try and make TSR look bad. They have been removed from every hosting service they used due to their behaviour and are now hosted by the pirate site that is trying to destroy TSR. Their made up emails, edited screenshots and lies are just folly. TSR has a very close working relationship with EA and are hardly going to be illegally selling files as they claim.

The very same pirates have taken over the Reflexsims forums which we had absolutely no influence over their closure at all. If we did, would we really hand them over the very people that are trying to destroy us?

Its entirely your call, you can cancel your subscription through your PayPal account at any time, but I really think you should consider wether that stuff they publish is really true first. If you have ever used PayPal or any other payment solution to receive payment you will know that you don’t get the buyers credit card details, so how could we share them and use them to buy subscriptions to other sites?

From where we site its laughable, but its a shame they are wrongly influencing people like yourself. I hope you look deeper and see the truth.  You might like to at least wait until EA make a public statement about it next week.

Regards,

SteveB
The Sims Resource

---------- You wrote ----------
I am sending this email to request cancellation of my membership at the Sims Resource effective immediately. Upon cancellation I request all personal information you currently have on file for me, electronic or print copy, be deleted. I revoke any authorization that may have been given to the Sims Resource, its Owners or Agents to use or share my personal information in any format. Personal information includes but is not limited to my name, address, city, state, zip code, country, email address, telephone number, birth date, gender and all information given to you by PayPal.

I have removed all Sims Resource supplied new mesh and mesh recolor package files from my game and have deleted them from my computer. I have no desire or intent to place these package files onto my computer or into my game ever again. Also deleted are image files and pdf files containing tutorials,

The reason I am requesting this cancellation and deletion is due to what transpired with the Sims forum ReflexSimsForum.com and the information that has been shared through TSRcoconut.info.

If you should need to contact me please do so through my email ****@yahoo.com.

Sincerely,

STOP giving T$R free advertising. Stop showing T$R in your daily updates. Stop using T$R objects in screenshots. Screenshots create WCIF's, which create links to T$R. These links send innocent victims to T$R; who then buy a sub.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: 2009 February 26, 02:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow, what a way to rewrite history.  Sure, TSR had nothing to do with the reflex sim forum closing.   

Next they'll be trying to convince you that water isn't wet.

And in other news... I can't log into my account at TSR.  *tear*  I don't care, I haven't downloaded anything from them in ages.  I don't care that they have my stuff, because I did agree when I uploaded it that TSR owned that copy of it.  But I do care that I, like Paleoanth, have a Mini page there, when I don't want to be associated with the place anymore.

Oh, also, I kissed several thousand Kuddos and incentive days bye bye too.  Ah, the shame.  I must mourn deeply... okay, done.  Let's giggle.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: 2009 February 26, 04:13:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love how he tells you wait until next week to see EA's announcement. Yeah he said that on the 19th. It's now the 26th. Exactly one week later, and no news.  Roll Eyes Not to mention if they bring up coconut again, mention it's because TSR was reporting them because she was airing TSR's dirty laundry.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: 2009 February 26, 04:20:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if may be the 26th for you, but not here in the US. I'm on the east coast, and we are just under an hour away from midnight, so on the west coast where EA is, it would only be just after 8pm.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: 2009 February 26, 04:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if may be the 26th for you, but not here in the US. I'm on the east coast, and we are just under an hour away from midnight, so on the west coast where EA is, it would only be just after 8pm.

Eh I had 30 minutes until midnight here, so I just rounded up.  Tongue My job requires a lot of rounding up, and I just got off of work so I'm still in a rounding mood.

Edit: I am in the US.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: 2009 February 26, 04:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, ok. I was just pointing out that if indeed EA is making an announcement this week, they still have 2 full days to do so.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: 2009 February 26, 05:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True. I seriously doubt they will though. What are they going to say? "Don't believe coconut. TSR is full of truth and love." If EA made any announcement, other than proclaiming TSR's good will, then I call bullshit. If EA says "HAI guys! We made new sims for you!" I won't infer that as being "TSR is angels!"

And in other news... I can't log into my account at TSR.  *tear*  I don't care, I haven't downloaded anything from them in ages.  I don't care that they have my stuff, because I did agree when I uploaded it that TSR owned that copy of it.  But I do care that I, like Paleoanth, have a Mini page there, when I don't want to be associated with the place anymore.

You could ask the awesome pirate hackers to hack into the account.  Roll Eyes They probably did it so you couldn't do one of those buy a spotlight and post about PMBD moves.

Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: 2009 February 26, 05:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe this as well. The announcement will be that EA is letting them have a first look at some secret special tool.

I thought Thomass was the only tool at TSR.
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: