PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 07:43:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1073672 times)
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #3765 on: 2009 February 25, 02:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know. Every time thing go bad for them, they mention EA and how cool it is that they're BFF. Nothing much ever happens though.

We'll see, I suppose.

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: 2009 February 25, 03:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If EA really wants to believe TSR is made of anything else but filth, and let themselves be influenced, they can have at it, but a large part of the community has experienced first hand what rotten bastards these people are. Good luck changing the minds of people who've been banned, abused, terrorized, hacked, DDossed, had their sites shut down and their information shared.

Inactive
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: 2009 February 25, 03:10:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm nearly fed up with EA, so if they post something in their defense, that's the last dollar they're getting from me.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: 2009 February 25, 03:15:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know people say that we should be grateful to EA for the sims. But I'm not. I'm grateful to Maxis for creating the sims. Pissed that EA has run it into the ground. With that said, a part of me wants them to defend TSR. That same part of me hopes that everyone's hatred for TSR passes along to EA and they finally feel how badly they have fucked this community over for years.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Scourge
Landlubber

To flay skin.

View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: 2009 February 25, 03:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

“From where we site it’s laughable, but its a shame they are wrongly influencing people like yourself. I hope you look deeper and see the truth. You might like to at least wait until EA make a public statement about it next week.”

Alrighty then, Steve-ody.

"I'm the scourge that your Gods sent to punish your people. Scary, huh?"
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: 2009 February 25, 04:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA making a statement could only make a difference to the paysite debate it can make no difference to what people think of TSR.  They could come out and say coconut is a lie but they can't erase the memory of Thomas and his statement of well it was only five names.  Black Pearl Sims already knew Thomas was involved well before the screenshot of Thomas counting down their demise.  They cannot erase sassi's apology to Pavs in the cave for what she did to him.  No matter what EA says they cannot untarnish TSR without making themselves out to be the same.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: 2009 February 25, 04:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know Darqstar, the only thing that leaves me scratching my head is, why hasn't he faked some 'evidence' already? TSRians are always screaming about how easy screenshots are to doctor, so why wait all these months? Coconut has always been associated with the pirates anyway.

The only problem is that if he fakes something, any and all of his FA's could come forward and say that isn't how it happened.  Yes, most of them will happily lie for him, but there have been FA's who've left the place and some who are there that might be less than content, who might feel that making false screen shots crosses the line.

Thomas already knows that there  is at least one person inside of TSR that is not what he or she seems (Coconut) I think he's going to be very careful about trying to introduce fake evidence.  He can't take a chance unless he knows that anyone and everyone  who would know of the doctoring, will never say a word, or have proof of their own.  Coconut isn't the only person who might have taken screen shots of things.

He also might be making fake evidence as we speak, and just hasn't finished it enough to show people yet.  Who knows.

I just think that it's way to coincidental that the week Thomas makes a huge blunder (Reflex) and gets called on it, suddenly, all this weirdo shit goes on with TSR. Something is up.  It'll probably be full of phail, but something is up.  I just have this feelings.

“From where we site it’s laughable, but its a shame they are wrongly influencing people like yourself. I hope you look deeper and see the truth. You might like to at least wait until EA make a public statement about it next week.”

Interesting.  However, even if EA says "WE wuve TSR and want to have their cyber assbabies" it doesn't make sharing personal information about people right.  It doesn't make getting the Reflex forum closed, right, it doesn't make trying to exploit a dying man suddenly an upstanding morally correct thing.  If EA does come out in full support of TSR, then they are just proving they're as sleazy as Thomas is.  

Even if the EULA is changed tomorrow, it wasn't changed when the information was shared.  It wasn't changed when he closed the reflex forum, it wasn't changed when he tried to bait Coconut into doing his dirty work.

EA can offer them the world on a plate now, but they cannot change the past. They cannot say that the Eula is retroactive.  What Thomas has done cannot be forgiven.

I have said if EA comes out tomorrow and says paysites are okay, that I won't be here anymore and I stick by that.  But that doesn't mean that I will think what Thomas has done was fine.  It was a shitty thing to do, it was cowboy justice, because there was no real legal way to stick it to the people he thought were stepping between him and his money.  

If EA gives him their blessings and permission to continue?  Then EA has proven themselves to be lower than low.  And yes, I won't be hanging around here, but I won't be silent either.  I'll do everything I can to make sure people hear about what happened.  TSR should not even be forgiven for their actions, never mind absolved of their sins and rewarded for it.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
raebchen
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: 2009 February 25, 04:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting.  However, even if EA says "WE wuve TSR and want to have their cyber assbabies" it doesn't make sharing personal information about people right.  It doesn't make getting the Reflex forum closed, right, it doesn't make trying to exploit a dying man suddenly an upstanding morally correct thing.  If EA does come out in full support of TSR, then they are just proving they're as sleazy as Thomas is.  

Even if the EULA is changed tomorrow, it wasn't changed when the information was shared.  It wasn't changed when he closed the reflex forum, it wasn't changed when he tried to bait Coconut into doing his dirty work.

EA can offer them the world on a plate now, but they cannot change the past. They cannot say that the Eula is retroactive.  What Thomas has done cannot be forgiven.

I have said if EA comes out tomorrow and says paysites are okay, that I won't be here anymore and I stick by that.  But that doesn't mean that I will think what Thomas has done was fine.  It was a shitty thing to do, it was cowboy justice, because there was no real legal way to stick it to the people he thought were stepping between him and his money.  

If EA gives him their blessings and permission to continue?  Then EA has proven themselves to be lower than low.  And yes, I won't be hanging around here, but I won't be silent either.  I'll do everything I can to make sure people hear about what happened.  TSR should not even be forgiven for their actions, never mind absolved of their sins and rewarded for it.

Seriously, how many times has TSR said something along those lines?They're all over the place from "EA is changing the EULA", to how super exciting announcement is making everyone regret they're blowing off TSR. I think it's just a bunch of bullshit to manipulate people into whatever they (TSR) want.

Official member of the "army of disillusioned miscreants" and proud of it! *waves at Thomass*
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: 2009 February 25, 04:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously, how many times has TSR said something along those lines?They're all over the place from "EA is changing the EULA", to how super exciting announcement is making everyone regret they're blowing off TSR. I think it's just a bunch of bullshit to manipulate people into whatever they (TSR) want.

But won't everybody notice if EA doesn't put out an announement after they've bragged about it? What good would that do?
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: 2009 February 25, 04:41:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darqstar, I'm with you. If EA shows full support for TSR and says paysites are fine, I probabaly wont be back here much (you see I say much, not I will leave forever), I will however do everything in my power to show how bad TSR is, and how low EA has gotten with siding with them. They won't see another cent from me ever again, and The Sims is not the only series from EA that I buy, but really, I don't give a fuck if they want to play that game. So EA, if you are going to side with TSR (I'm not saying they will, just that they might) go ahead. But just know, you will be hurting yourself much worse then you could ever think. And you probably wont make it though this year with an announcement like that.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
raebchen
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: 2009 February 25, 04:52:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But won't everybody notice if EA doesn't put out an announement after they've bragged about it? What good would that do?

Dunno, dumb sheep are dumb? So is TSR!

Official member of the "army of disillusioned miscreants" and proud of it! *waves at Thomass*
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3776 on: 2009 February 25, 06:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just think that it's way to coincidental that the week Thomas makes a huge blunder (Reflex) and gets called on it, suddenly, all this weirdo shit goes on with TSR. Something is up.  It'll probably be full of phail, but something is up.  I just have this feelings.

I agree.  I don't think I've seen this much skullduggery from TSR in a while.   Must be really jamming a thumb in their buttholes. Cheesy This looks like a concerted campaign to do something, distract us and what not from something else they're doing - and of course save face from the terrible stupidity that shutting down RSF was.

EULAs cannot be retrospectively changed - you can't hand out a new contract and expect anyone to abide it - you have to sell a new expansion pack, make sure everyone in the community buys it and agrees with it, and then it's *still* not retroactive.  And the Maxoids can come out on the BBS - but that's not an official EA statement.  When EA the company, EA legal comes out and says that they are fine, I might take notice. But some game designer interpreting things doesn't fill me with confidence - just like the game designers had no idea about the false EULA changes.  And then I won't need to fileshare, or put up with SecuRom - I can buy the Russian version of Sims 2. I'm sure their bugs will be far more hilarious - and it'll be hella cheap. 

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3777 on: 2009 February 25, 12:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Must be really jamming a thumb in their buttholes. Cheesy

Is it just me, or does Calalilly have some perverse obsession with peoples private parts Grin

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: 2009 February 25, 12:49:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darqstar, I'm with you. If EA shows full support for TSR and says paysites are fine, I probabaly wont be back here much (you see I say much, not I will leave forever)
Here's the point everyone often misses: It's about EAxis saying whether or not paysites are fine, it's about EAxis saying we AREN'T. In order to get rid of PMBD, EAxis must do one of two things (neither of which is saying that Paysites are OK):
1. EAxis must relinquish their claim on all rights to game content, allowing the paysites to claim their right to it.
2. EAxis must forbid fansites from producing and distributing CC.

Both of these are very unlikely. The first is basically unheard of, as EAxis would be officially throwing out any control they have over CC. No company like EAxis would EVER give up their claim to rights! The second would kill the Sims. EAxis would not butcher their cash cow, knowing that the possibility of making CC is what keeps the game talked about and selling. So therefore, while EAxis is very, very unlikely to ever formally move against TSR, they are similarly unlikely to ever move against US, preferring to just do nothing, as this is the best move for THEM. It doesn't even matter what they say about whether paysites are acceptable to them or not: As long as they refuse to give up their claim to all rights on CC (which would open THEMSELVES to lawsuits and make it so they cannot rip off community ideas to resell as expansion packs), and similarly refuse to bar fansites, it is unlikely that the situation will change. So legally, the situation will pretty much remain in limbo. What CAN happen in the meantime is that the COMMUNITY will learn to see what every OTHER gaming community sees: That paysites, regardless of their legal status or EAxis's willingness to act against them, are filth. So long as EAxis does not act against us and the Sims continues to exist, people will eventually start to see what mainstream gaming community sees, especially with the economy in its present state.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: 2009 February 25, 13:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really do forget sometimes that, within the broader scheme of things, paysites are the freakish anomaly. They're like mutant cockroaches that must be destroyed. 
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: