PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 00:50:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1060554 times)
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #3645 on: 2009 February 23, 21:32:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, mental illness doesn't = crazy. A histrionic personality can just be a histrionic personality.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: 2009 February 23, 21:55:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh please.  The site is called PAYSITES must be destroyed, not "Thomas and Atwa are ugly fuckers."  If someone really thinks that the only reason why we dislike Thomas and Atwa is because we don't find them beautiful, then they're stupid.  The stupid are not my problem.

WIN! But to make Missbonbon feel better -  Wink - I will stop wearing my "Thomass and Atwat are Ugly Fuckers" T-shirt, stop sipping joe out of my "Thomass and Atwat are Ugly Fuckers"coffee mug, and take down my "Thomass and Atwat are Ugly Fuckers" shower curtain. I'm nothing if not adaptable.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: 2009 February 23, 22:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1: It's fun.  

Physical appearance does not matter..how a person acts and how they express themselves speak much greater. If we take Atwa as an example, her actions completely show what a vile individual she can be, so it is not neccessary to further discuss her appearance.

2: I think it does some good to point out that they are mentally ill.

Mental illness is usually not visible through appearance so I do not see the relevance here.

3: We're not supposed to be nice.  Yes, we have a cause, and I do think that in some cases, we need to be careful before we start yelling at everyone, but we make it perfectly clear that paysites are the enemy.  

They are the 'enemy' for asking for money in exchange for sim content, not because of how they look. It is what they do and the fact that they are paysites that we disagree with. Their appearance does not come into it.

4: It's fun.  Bears repeating, because it's true.  

I just do not see that as a strong enough reason. It is not neccessary to lower yourself down to mock someone's appearance when their actions are already low and reveal more about that person.

I agree that we shouldn't be mocking physical characteristics of Thomas, Atwa, or anyone else, or diagnosing mental illness over the web. This has been bothering me for a long time.  It dilutes and trivializes the important things we're arguing against.

I agree with dietofworms.

Besides wasn't it agreed upon somewhere around here that we will refrain from poking at someone's appearance? If it wasn't, then I'm mistaken, but I could have sworn I read it somewhere.

Yes it was.

I realise that the conversation has developed since the above posts were made but I wanted to express my opinon  Smiley

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: 2009 February 23, 22:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm bipolar - and I'd never act like Atwa does.  She's a drama queen, plain and simple.  I think her only mental illness is a refusal to grow up and act her age.

And you know, since I'm guilty of that plenty myself, in different ways, I feel I've got room to talk.

Bipolar manic/depressives are just as unique as any other group of people.   I actually had a neighbor who was, who would go off her med and do the craziest shit.  My favorite was having my parents and the minister over for dinner in the winter, and she decided it was time to dance about in the back yard, naked.  

Mom, "Er, Darq, who's that?"

Me: "Oh, that's Kathy.  She stopped taking her meds again, I see.

Mom: Is she...

Me: Bucknaked?  Yes, that's par for the course.

Dad:  What?  I'd better see...  

Minister: me too!

Ended up calling her doctor and having to call an ambulance to take her to the hospital. But really, when she was on her medication, she was really nice.  But it was like something inside her demanded that 2-3 times a year, she go off her medication.   It was weird for me, because she was the first person I'd ever seen act delusionally crazy.  She would dance in the backyard and tell me that she was a magical fairy.  Or else she'd stomp around my apartment and push things like bottles, onto their side and yell, "It's TIRED and NEEDS TO REST!"  

So Anita might be biploar/manic.  Or she could have a variety of other mental problems.  But she seriously does have mental issues, that I'd be willing to put money on.  She's in some aliance with Thomas that is completely unhealthy for both of them, which isn't helping her either.  

EDIT: In reply to Jojoba. 

Again, if we're not allowed to mention looks, then we shouldn't be allowed to mention intelligence or lack thereof.   So, let's change the FAQ to reflect the new, kinder, more gentler PMBD.  The one that is completely PC. 

Snarky:  I want to have your babies.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: 2009 February 23, 22:05:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a possible mental illness is the cause of the completely antisocial, soulless, cruel and apprehensive behaviour, then at least we have some sort of explanation why people are so rotten. It happens automatically because the behaviour is completely abnormal.
If they don't, then wtf, it's almost unacceptable to think a person would be like that and be completely sane.

I wouldn't participate in poking fun at someone's looks. Go ahead, there's much worse things you could do, it's fairly harmless, but I think it's kind of dumb. Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: 2009 February 23, 22:10:18 by Anouk » Logged

Inactive
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: 2009 February 23, 22:11:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We used to call people crazy all the time when I was a kid. It didn't mean they were certifiably, lock them up in the nuthouse, crazy, just well, different. I have agree with most folks here that Atwa wants the attention so she acts out to get it. Before we made fun of her creations and now it's her actions to get back into TSR's good graces and get hired back. I agree with Darqstar, she could lose some weight, get a make over and cut her hair and look different. Maybe not model stunningly gorgeous, but at least look nice.

What makes Thomas so ugly are his actions. Using people's medical conditions to line TSR's bank account, getting forums closed for no reason, hacking sites are just some of his childish actions.

I would say a lot of us who play the Sims are children at heart. We like to play with our "dollies" and "doll houses". Yes, we can get silly and not act like adults at times, but over all I've not seen anything here that would make me run screaming from the room. Thankfully, we can have discussions like this and we all agree to disagree. At least we're not running around like the FA's acting like someone's added more to the KoolAid over there.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: 2009 February 23, 22:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Again, if we're not allowed to mention looks, then we shouldn't be allowed to mention intelligence or lack thereof.   So, let's change the FAQ to reflect the new, kinder, more gentler PMBD.  The one that is completely PC. 

Well I stand by my reasons why I disagree. Mocking looks is not a neccessary point we should reach, and this was discussed, and decided, previously. It is not what this phorum is about and we can simply mock their actions instead, as those are pretty horrendous.

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: 2009 February 23, 22:27:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We used to call people crazy all the time when I was a kid. It didn't mean they were certifiably, lock them up in the nuthouse, crazy, just well, different. I have agree with most folks here that Atwa wants the attention so she acts out to get it. Before we made fun of her creations and now it's her actions to get back into TSR's good graces and get hired back. I agree with Darqstar, she could lose some weight, get a make over and cut her hair and look different. Maybe not model stunningly gorgeous, but at least look nice.

Exactly.  Also, if you're sensitive as to your looks, you generally shouldn't be plastering your picture up for everyone to see.  I don't plaster pictures of me up, because I know I'm not very attractive.  I'm overweight, I can't be bothered to get my hair cut often, and I refuse to wear makeup.  My neighbor tells me all the time that I'm ugly.  It just doesn't phase me.  However, I also won't go plastering my picture around here or the net in general, because I know if I do, I will be insulted for my looks and while it doesn't bother me, it gets old too fast.  

Anita loves attention.  That picture of her in the gypsy outfit proved it if nothing else would. "I'm so terrified of these people, SO HERE IS MY PICTURE!  LOOKIE ME! I IZ TERRIFIED!"  If you were terrified of a group of people, would you go handing out pictures of yourself?  I mean, why not just hang up fliers with your phone number and write, "PLEASE DON'T CALL ME AT THE ABOVE NUMBER, I IZ TERRIFIED!"

What makes Thomas so ugly are his actions. Using people's medical conditions to line TSR's bank account, getting forums closed for no reason, hacking sites are just some of his childish actions.

Yup.  And I think his outsides are starting to reflect his insides.  That picture of him that he uses as an Icon at TSR? He is smirking.  It's an ugly picture, not because Thomas is necessarily ugly, but because the expression on his face is so smug and snide.  

Just for the record, I have no plans of picking anyone apart based souly on their looks and that includes Atwa and Thomas, but nor am I going to judge anyone who does mention that Atwa is ugly.  If someone came and that's all they talked about, I think after awhile, we'd all tell them to flip the record over.

I'm saying that if you are going to say, "We can't do this," then anything anyone finds offensive should be forbidden too.  

Oh, Calalily offered the Thomas and Atwa sims for download again.  I downloaded them.   The Atwa Sim is really ugly.  Do I have to now make her beautiful if I use her in a story, because to show her as an ugly sim, even if it's accurate, is just too mean?  Should I make her fit too?  I mean, she's not fit in real life, but if I write a story, I'll just bring attention to the fact that she's not fit.  

So, anyone want to design beauty queen Atwa for me, just so I don't risk offending anyone?

EDIT:

Well I stand by my reasons why I disagree. Mocking looks is not a neccessary point we should reach, and this was discussed, and decided, previously. It is not what this phorum is about and we can simply mock their actions instead, as those are pretty horrendous.

Where was this decided upon, and why hasn't the FAQ been changed to reflect this?

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: 2009 February 23, 22:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[goofy ramblings]

Wait a minute. They have Kool-Aid?? I like Kool-Aid. What flavour is it? Is it red Kool-Aid? Or is it that nasty orangey kind? I don't like that kind, it's nasty and metallic tasting. Icky. I like the Pink Lemonade flavour, too, it's really nice tasting Kool-Aid. Do they put extra sugar into the Kool-Aid? That can be fun to do. Is it the Blue Raspberry Kook-Aid? I only ask cause I thought they stopped making that. Is it the clear kind of Kool-Aid where you get all of the syrupy-fruity sweetness but none of those nasty carcinogenic red food dyes? And who the fuck said they could have Kool-Aid in Sweden? I thought the people across the Atlantic didn't like that kind of stuff? And if they are putting something in it, what are they using? Do you think it could be LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide) which causes all sorts of funny reactions in the brains, just like the ergot fungus from which it is derived? All these questions and you know what? I don't HAVE any Kool-Aid and I WANT SOME!!! Fuckers talking about Kool-Aid...

[/goofy ramblings]

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
jssimone
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: 2009 February 23, 22:32:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since when is a mental condition an excuse for acting like a cunt on the internet and charging the uninformed for crappy Sims CC? That seems insulting to all the many people with verified mental illnesses that don't act like cunts on the internet or charge for crappy CC.

And since bitchy jssimone is bitchy, I vote we continue to make fun of the twats mental illness and apperance. While we're at it, let's make fun of her family, pets and ethnicity too.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: 2009 February 23, 22:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where was this decided upon, and why hasn't the FAQ been changed to reflect this?

Oh was discussed and decided here some time ago. It should come up if you do a search but I do not have a link handy.  Tongue Well it was never needed in the FAQ as no one before has had much of an issue with it.

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: 2009 February 23, 22:38:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How bout we just stop disagreeing so violently because that just makes the assholes at T$R smile, and do you really want to be responsible for them baring their teeth in anything but anger? Just askin...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: 2009 February 23, 22:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with what you said darqstar-If you are really concerned about your looks you don't go posting pics of yourself for others to find! It is just obvious she is wanting all eyes on her due to all the "make you scratch your head" shit she does. Anyways, drama attracts drama. That's what she loves. Perhaps she actually plans scenarios out in her head? Either way I don't want to be in her mind. It must be a disaster in there going by the by-products. Although I could hazard a guess as to what her mental status is, it really is none of my biz. The aftermath of her thought projections are what concerns me.  Scary, yes they are. Same thing with Thomas. Personally, I find that their stupid actions are the "best"  to comment negatively on.

And now I want kool-aid. Damnit.
« Last Edit: 2009 February 23, 23:12:58 by siberiansunset » Logged

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: 2009 February 23, 22:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

\
*waits for backlash* Cheesy

lol Backlash? Never! I just wanted to give ya some spiked kool-aid Wink

Cookiepirate: That pic IS pure win!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2009 February 24, 00:54:23 by siberiansunset » Logged

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: 2009 February 23, 22:56:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

/snip

With all due respect, this is the kind of reasoning that drives me crazy.  There's a huge gap between "not criticising appearances" and being "completely PC."  It's not all or nothing. We have legitimate issues with TSR and other paysites. These issues aren't  based on what people look like.  What good does it do us to sidetrack the argument?

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: