PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:10:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1060298 times)
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #3570 on: 2009 February 22, 20:46:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I bring the pina coladas can I hang out on the sofa with the cool kids?

Wait... did you just call me a nerd? That's brutal.

So, who wants some rum and popcorn?

Rum goez in coffy. Popcorn goez in belleh. Happy Devilfis make.  Smiley

pickles
ARR!

Disillusioned Miscreant

View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: 2009 February 22, 20:49:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

we're all nerds here. It's just the nerds on the sofa have frozen drinks  Tongue

puzzle pirates, yarrrr (I'm on malachite)
If God wanted women to like me, He would have made me a chocolate shoe filled with money. ~Hastings Kilgore
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: 2009 February 22, 20:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sitting here on the floor, less distance to fall if I get too much rum. Plus, I haz nice comfy pillows to sit on which can be shifted under my head if need be. Cheesy

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Beth
ARR!

Random writing.

View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: 2009 February 22, 20:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm that tired I'd give anything to have those nice comfy pillows instead Paden, you can have my pillows that change shape to match your head instead Wink

Updated April 30th!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3574 on: 2009 February 22, 21:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I wonder how hard it would be to mesh a pillow pit for the sims - or more importantly, make it work.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Solander
ARR!

This is me ;)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3575 on: 2009 February 22, 22:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi everyone,

maybe this is somewhat unpopular but I still want to write a short posting concerning a specific topic.

Don't you think you get too personal sometimes? I mean, the pictures of Thomas (I use his real name, yes, as I don't think, that the broad variety you can find here is appropriate) house did cross a border that should not be crossed in my eyes. Even if you guys can't stand him and even if everything you can read at tsr.mustbedestroyed.org is true, i still believe that one should not go too far. Fighting against a site or its politics regarding free sites, pirates or whatever is one thing. Digging in the private life of whatever person another.

I don't say that Thomas is an misunderstood angel nor do i claim TSR to be a charity club, but publishing details of the private life of anyone is wrong in my eyes. I consider sharing private data between paysites as totally wrong and if one had shared mine, i would have been more than pissed. But publishing private mails or pictures of the house where someone lives goes to far in my opinion. Even if it proves, that the unmasked person is not as nice as one did think or did say something really disgusting, there is still something like privacy the other did trust in. And if one does not respect it, the own level sinks as well.

That's it. Happy Solander bashing, but i think that this board and it's members should be able to bear a posting like mine.

Webmaster of Pimp my Sims.com
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3576 on: 2009 February 22, 22:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fighting against a site or its politics regarding free sites, pirates or whatever is one thing. Digging in the private life of whatever person another.

I'm sorry, but once you start sponsoring your private life with money taken from people who don't know where their cash goes and are actively being deceived, it's fair game.

I've never seen a picture of his wife. Or his mum shopping. We don't make fun of the dog he may or may not have. Does he do crystal meth? Don't give a hoot. His dad could be fucking elephants for all I care and I wouldn't give a hoot. I don't give a fuck about any of that. But the money to build that house was taken from people who were deceived about where it was going. That's not his private bussiness. That's everyone's bussiness. We paid for that goddamn Lego house.

Are we too harsh? Maybe, it depends on how thick your skin is.
But are we unfair? Never.

And that's all that matters.

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: 2009 February 22, 22:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Solander, I'm not going to bash you for an honest and well-expressed opinion. The first time pics of that house were posted, however, were to illustrate the point that your money is not going to support the site but the lifestyle of the man that runs it. I don't know where he lives and frankly, don't wish to know. I do know that he took money that was gotten in an illegal manner and used to live in a manner he's not entitled to. I respect you for speaking your mind.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
vindi
ARR!

Nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: 2009 February 22, 22:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that stuff really private? It was out in the open for coconut to get. Not to mention he was blabbing about it to FAs and showing pictures to them. He already knows that what goes on in the TSR forum isn't private at all.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: 2009 February 22, 22:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not gonna Solander bash either.

I just want to say, Thomas put the pictures on the internet HIMSELF. Nobody had to go searching in his private life to find them. HE made it fair game.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3580 on: 2009 February 22, 22:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But publishing private mails or pictures of the house where someone lives goes to far in my opinion. Even if it proves, that the unmasked person is not as nice as one did think or did say something really disgusting, there is still something like privacy the other did trust in. And if one does not respect it, the own level sinks as well.

That's it. Happy Solander bashing, but i think that this board and it's members should be able to bear a posting like mine.

He posted those pics himself in a thread he knew was going to get screen capped and posted elsewhere.  It isn't like coconut posted the address of the house.  Or his personal email address.   

What private mails are you talking about?  Private PM's and emails?  People here blur out real names and email addys.  If you are talking about what I did, then I don't feel a bit bad about posting those PM's on my journal or sending that email to coconut to post.  Not one bit.  Why?  Because first off, Anita violated the trust of me and all those people whose information she sent to me.  Second (and more importantly), if I had kept silent, it would have made me complicit in what she did.  Third, no one would just take my word for what happened to me, or the contents of that email,  and no one would have just accepted the word of coconut if there had not been solid proof.  Finally, no one should ever expect that emails are truly private.  In fact, anything sent to me either snail mail or email is mine to do with as I wish. 

Not bashing.  Just stating my case.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Solander
ARR!

This is me ;)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3581 on: 2009 February 22, 22:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for not bashing me so far  Roll Eyes

Well, maybe you are right and they were already published, but i still don't like the idea of exposing too many details of the real life of a specific person on the internet. The pictures may have been posted on a private board, but the poster did not expect them to be published accros the internet. When putting photos into an album, which you show your friends, you would not expect those pictures to be copied and nailed to the door of the local barber shop. At least i would not do so and would definetely not be amused Wink

What i wanted to say was: If you do say something in public, post public available information or whatever, you agree for this information to be available for everyone. In my case, this means, that I did disclose my personal picture, my messenger address, my real world address (german law, it's a pitty Wink), my mail adress as well as lots of other details about my personal life (name of my dog, where i was born and much more). But i did do so knowing that this information may be republished somewhere else.

With "don't publish private life details" i meant making information available to the public, the original poster did not intend to be available to everyone.

I know one can argue about this for hours and will still find some pros and cons so i did not intend to condemn anyone. But i still think some information should kept private. And this does definetely include pictures of a private house, which is only presumably payed with subscription fees.

Webmaster of Pimp my Sims.com
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: 2009 February 22, 22:49:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do believe publishing the pictures was a good idea to show were the money goes. Often we hear pay site supporters claim that the site needs the money just to stay open. Anyone who has ever ran a site knows that it does cost money but with the money the tsr makes from sub and advertising you know there is enough going into his pockets too. I ran a little web site for a while, and with ads alone it was a money maker. With a site as big as TSR you can be sure that helped build his new home.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: 2009 February 22, 23:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know it's hard on an unmoderated forum to keep everything under control sometimes. I've seen things go up and thought " uff, not sure about that". However I also know that there are people here that do have issues with certain TSRians that cross over into the personal, and I respect that.

I totally get where you're coming from but at the same time, this is 2009 and we all know that if you put something on the internet, it's not really yours any more. I've found that generally if someone here crosses a line, they get told pretty quickly to take it down. Maybe our lines are just a little further away sometimes. It depends on the situation.

And for the record. Yes we can bear opinions like yours. We know that already.

I like your site btw.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
vexed
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3584 on: 2009 February 22, 23:10:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting, every time there's a TSR scandal, views to my blog spike (people searching for coconut, is my guess - I have a page linking direct to coconut's new blog).

As for Tom's house?  He put it out there.  We're not (or more specifically, coconut isn't) including the address, phone number etc and suggesting people contact or harrass him that way.

Visit Vexation Nation!

“When you tear out a man’s tongue, you’re not proving him a liar, you’re only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”
–Tyrion Lannister, A Clash of Kings, ASoIaF
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: