PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 05:17:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1071871 times)
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #3495 on: 2009 February 21, 17:33:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope Coconut isn't Windkeeper. She probably won't get screencaps anymore if she is. I was laughing about Coconut yesterday as I was cleaning, thinking that she sounds like a character from a horror movie. She is everywhere and yet nowhere, all at once.

Coconut has a blog about Windkeeper now as well. I haven't read it yet.
« Last Edit: 2009 February 21, 17:38:58 by ooglafina » Logged
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3496 on: 2009 February 21, 17:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More like an old pulp hero, like The Shadow.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
ooglafina
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: 2009 February 21, 17:41:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coconut is blaming TSR and accusing them of hacking themselves so they can blame it on pirates.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3498 on: 2009 February 21, 17:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooglafina... please to be reading the bottom of page 234.

ooglafina
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: 2009 February 21, 17:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah and I thought I got to the bottom of the page. It didn't warn me that somebody else posted while I was posting. Maybe it did while and I didn't notice.

That ruins my big important alert.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3500 on: 2009 February 21, 17:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That ruins my big important alert.

Cheesy No worries, it happens.

Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: 2009 February 21, 18:19:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there any reports of sheeple actually believing this crap? If so, oh dear oh dear oh dear!

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: 2009 February 21, 18:28:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not that stupid actually - this way you keep FA's and other artists (moneymakers) with a concience from leaving, because all your vile and extreme actions towards pirates will seem justified.
To EA, to members, to actual customers and all staff and creators.

Anyone still supporting and believing TSR will now feel justification, anyone on the fence and with ties to TSR will go to their side. I think Thomas actually learned from his Reflex Forum stunt.

Wow Thomas! Good boy! *clap clap clap clap*

Inactive
Solander
ARR!

This is me ;)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3503 on: 2009 February 21, 18:30:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The idea of TSR being hacked on a "regular" base by someone outside TSR is simply ridiculous.

If you run a site like TSR, you are a professional in what you are doing. This includes server technology, firewall configuration and scripting. You do implement dozends of security checks, validate and sanitize data before being saved in the database etc. etc.

Even if you assume, that the whole system was scripted by a drunken noob, this series of hacks would be impossible in my opinion. As the guys over there should be able to track down every security incident (meaning someone changed a FA profile, deleted downloads etc.) within a short period of time. And after locating the security risk, they would have it fixed within some hours. Hole closed, no more hacks. That's it. And even if there are lots of those holes, it would take a decent amount of time for an outsider to locate them, to be sure they lead to the desired target etc. etc. Especially, as there are only a few parts of the website that actively process user entries. E.g. guestbooks, the forum, the comments etc. It should be quiet easy to run a check on every single character entered there and to be on the safe side.

And if you would be able to hack their site: Why only change a single FAs profile? Why not deleting large parts of the pay content or the whole database? That's like you do a bank robbery and only take the money you need to buy a pack of cigarettes.

So if they should blame anyone to hack them every few days, I had to choose between three possible reactions:

1. Admire the skills of the hacker, as he/she must be almost supernaturally skilled and experienced
2. Admire TSR, as they did create the worlds most unsecure large-scale website with public traffic
3. Don't believe a word

Just my 50 cents
« Last Edit: 2009 February 21, 18:37:27 by Solander » Logged

Webmaster of Pimp my Sims.com
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: 2009 February 21, 18:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sad thing Solander, is that most people know about zilch about the possibilities of hacking and website security. They'll believe it. That's what Thomas is counting on.

Inactive
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: 2009 February 21, 18:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And straight from the coconut's mouth: http://tsr.mustbedestroyed.org/?p=423

That brings a whole new meaning to the mispelling in Windkeeper's hacked profile of 'Itoms'.   Wink

It seems more something that Atwa would do, than Thomas, though.
« Last Edit: 2009 February 22, 13:45:05 by Jojoba » Logged

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Souvenirs
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: 2009 February 21, 18:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know what coconut said, but it still seems strange to me that Thomass would link to the booty and coconut's blog.  I can see Thomass doing something like pretending someone is hacking T$R so he can blame it on the pirates, but why would he promote the booty and coconut's blog?  It's easy to put a bunch of swear words and hints about pirates up without directly linking people, and it would have had the same result without actually giving a direct link the booty/coconut.  It's all speculation, I guess, but it doesn't sound like something Thomass would do. Undecided

On another note, t's taken me ages to catch up on coconut's blog, since I haven't had much time for the internet lately, and I was almost speechless when I finished the last several updates last night.  Even if paysites weren't illegal, T$R would still deserve to be destroyed, for being reprehensible in every way possible. Angry
VaVe
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: 2009 February 21, 19:03:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd guess that by actually linking he can then pay the "their stealing" and "look at the lies" cards again without anyone getting bored of it. Besides, if it did hapen when there weren't many people online it can be assumed that there wouldn't be many people to follow the links etc.
And if you would be able to hack their site: Why only change a single FAs profile? Why not deleting large parts of the pay content or the whole database?
So that you don't need to upload it all again?

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3508 on: 2009 February 21, 19:05:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That brings a whole new meaning to the mispelling in Windkeeper's hacked profile of 'Itoms'.   Wink

Lol - Freudian slip. Cheesy

I know what coconut said, but it still seems strange to me that Thomass would link to the booty and coconut's blog.  I can see Thomass doing something like pretending someone is hacking T$R so he can blame it on the pirates, but why would he promote the booty and coconut's blog?  It's easy to put a bunch of swear words and hints about pirates up without directly linking people, and it would have had the same result without actually giving a direct link the booty/coconut.  It's all speculation, I guess, but it doesn't sound like something Thomass would do. Undecided

Well, Solander makes some good points - and I don't think anyone here has suggested that either account was hacked.  As to linking to it - it wasn't a clickable link, and in my experience, people rarely do anything with unclickable links - that would require too much cutting and pasting.  He chooses a quiet time of day on an artist that hasn't updated in a while, and then he does it.  Seeing as there are commenters all over TSR putting up the link to the booty or coconut, why not use it to his advantage?  He is in control of everything, and knows the stats - when enough people have seen it to prove his point, he just restores it.

He has long been telling the FAs that it's a hacker finding this information, and they're the ones he wants to retain and convince.  How else is he going to tie it directly to us anyway, other than putting our details up? He can't put offensive messages or unrelated messages there, but then mysteriously pull it out of his arse that it's us.  No one would believe him.  And how is he going to make us seem bad to subscribers but to associate us with hackers - and himself the innocent victim of such attacks? If he put bad words up there, people wouldn't make the direct connection, and he's not counting on them being smart enough to question things or connect the dots.

There are many "pirates" around the place - he wants to associate it directly with us. And smear us to those who might think about turning.  As for what he would and wouldn't do - using a sick man to fundraise and raise his profile - there are absolutely no depths that Thomass won't sink to. And seeing as his fuck up of the RSF scandal went so badly, we just got a big contingent of a formerly pro-pay forum that is now truly neutral, so he's desperate.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: 2009 February 21, 19:06:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, yes it does sound like Thomas or Atwat, in that they think if they throw out the addy of the pirates and coconut, it's going to capture the attention of the outraged mobs of people that weren't even discommoded when the supposed hacking went on. Thing is, it takes insider information as to what to pull and when to pull it, like when the quiet times really are. If many users were troubled by this and they reported it, that would lend more credence to the idea that we did this. Thing is, we're known for disliking even the thought of hackers, while Thomass and his goon squad actively encourage them. Wonder what he would do if that shit site was hacked in reality by someone like Highlander? I think he'd shit his pants and cry all day long because he's not got the brain to fix the damage.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: