PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 23:43:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1070560 times)
gayle_afcb
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #3045 on: 2009 February 05, 15:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the eye bleach warning - it was so needed  Grin

It's official - I haz a crazy, paranoid, psychotic internet stalker... Waves to Atwat Tongue

Sims2Artists S2A forum
Emma
Goopy Lover
ARR!

All Pescados Suck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3046 on: 2009 February 05, 15:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hurrah for Coconut and Pescado! Grin
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3047 on: 2009 February 05, 16:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol.  The fail that equals out to be TSR totally securing Coconut's blog in a place that it can't be removed after it gathers a huge following from them getting it pulled from other sites is making me giggle. 

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3048 on: 2009 February 05, 16:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But the only show free creations in your upload pictures isn't new.  Unless they've made it a stricter policy and I've missed it somehow.

I'd guess this person is butthurt about the roaster -or- got courted because they are 'featured', which is a riot - I never got courted as a feature, even before finding pmdb Smiley [maybe its the only freesites policy]

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
jssimone
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: 2009 February 05, 17:33:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a little confused, as usual  Smiley

So let me see if I've got this right.

T$R freaked out because Coconut posted their silence contract that anyone involved in super secret chats must not talk about it outside the super secret chats.

But they're only somewhat freaked out with EA knowing that they share paypal information, run their (HAHA) "company" like it's a middle school lunchroom and ban legitimate subscribers for bizarre, paranoid reasons?

Can someone enlighten me as to why T$R would be so freaked out about EA knowing about the silence contract? Besides the obvious reason that it's a fansite and really shouldn't have any super secret chats. 
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3050 on: 2009 February 05, 18:22:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to know just how many people have contacted EA about the super secret NDA. 

Welcome back, coconut! As he/she pointed out, it isn't all that bright to get the blog ousted out of every place so that Pescado had to take over.  Now, things can be posted that coconut held back on posting.  This ought to get good.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3051 on: 2009 February 05, 19:30:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone enlighten me as to why T$R would be so freaked out about EA knowing about the silence contract? Besides the obvious reason that it's a fansite and really shouldn't have any super secret chats. 

I don't really get that either.  Why would EA care how TSR runs their chats? If they were afraid of bad publicity they wouldn't even have made deals in the first place, right?

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3052 on: 2009 February 05, 19:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But they do have super secret chats - weekly. That's why you have to sign the NDA.  As for why TSR would freak out - do you think EA wants them to make a secret deal and keep the content making abilities only in FA hands?  

EA reps may have offered to help them with tools, so that they can counter the argument that "well they don't even make tools - they profit off the back of the toolmakers" - and that's what TSR has told EA.  But to keep the tools all for themselves - EA doesn't want their sales hindered by TSR sales - so TSR probably intended to lie to them, while keeping the extra content for themselves, and poaching all the best artists from freesites and lock them into pay.  That would freak them out - and probably make EA pull out of the deal.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3053 on: 2009 February 05, 19:58:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA reps may have offered to help them with tools, so that they can counter the argument that "well they don't even make tools - they profit off the back of the toolmakers" - and that's what TSR has told EA.  But to keep the tools all for themselves - EA doesn't want their sales hindered by TSR sales - so TSR probably intended to lie to them, while keeping the extra content for themselves, and poaching all the best artists from freesites and lock them into pay.  That would freak them out - and probably make EA pull out of the deal.

Oh, we so need to tell them. 

Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3054 on: 2009 February 05, 19:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds good, now that coconut's finally staying where s/he is, but how?

calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3055 on: 2009 February 05, 20:09:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We do. Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3056 on: 2009 February 05, 20:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds good, now that coconut's finally staying where s/he is, but how?

Coconut gave names and a snail mail addy. 

jssimone
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: 2009 February 05, 20:14:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But they do have super secret chats - weekly. That's why you have to sign the NDA.  As for why TSR would freak out - do you think EA wants them to make a secret deal and keep the content making abilities only in FA hands?  

EA reps may have offered to help them with tools, so that they can counter the argument that "well they don't even make tools - they profit off the back of the toolmakers" - and that's what TSR has told EA.  But to keep the tools all for themselves - EA doesn't want their sales hindered by TSR sales - so TSR probably intended to lie to them, while keeping the extra content for themselves, and poaching all the best artists from freesites and lock them into pay.  That would freak them out - and probably make EA pull out of the deal.

Ahhhhhh *dim bulb brightening up a bit*. Confused jssimone is a little less confused.
Bloody Vane
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: 2009 February 05, 20:14:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so glad that Coconut has a new home. It is just too bad it doesn't have the same name. Whenever I am visiting with a friend and talking about T$R and Coconut, I would just google "Coconut's Hut" and the first return in the search was always her WordPress. The search still brings that up, but the blog is gone. How are people who don't frequent PMBD but are following Coconut, going to find them?

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow.

If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3059 on: 2009 February 05, 20:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The secrets this week for a start.  Cool

Visit Calalilysims

Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: