PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 12:43:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1071481 times)
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2835 on: 2009 January 31, 23:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know exactly what happened with Madisim?  I mean why he left and took everything down?  I know someone posted the link to his now defunct page, but I have not heard anything about what happened and why.

Good going, Madisim, by the way.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: 2009 February 01, 02:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been wondering about that, too.  Maybe EA will give TSR "exclusive" rights to their tools or something?  Of course in that case it won't be long before modders take the ideas and run with them... Wink

Or do something better than whatever Piece of Crap EAXIS gives them....

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2837 on: 2009 February 01, 06:46:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know exactly what happened with Madisim?  I mean why he left and took everything down?  I know someone posted the link to his now defunct page, but I have not heard anything about what happened and why.

Yes. He hasn't given a formal goodbye, but he has told people privately, which made its way to coconut.  Someone at TSR (presumably with the ability to give the idea) hinted that he would go to the EA camp, and then hatshepsut was chosen as the token lot builder.  That, the feeling that he's going to be replaced, and low downloads made him realise it was only a matter of time until they fired him, so he deleted everything and left.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: 2009 February 01, 12:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Madisim - He butthurt himself in order to avoid being butthurt by somebody else. Brings to mind a Roman general falling on his own blade. Only backwards and butt first.
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: 2009 February 01, 15:51:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can not believe hatshepsut is what they call a good lot builder. When I first found the booty I dl some of its lots. They had major issues..... like the stairs hanging outside the walls... Or these huge homes  with a million little rooms and the flow of the house made no sense.  Little to no landscaping done..Anyone could slap a hose like that together in  a few minutes With little to no thought on how playable it was. . As long as it looked pretty in the preview picture of the front thats all the TSR requires.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2840 on: 2009 February 01, 15:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What, so you think Madisim committed virtual hari-kiri?

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: 2009 February 01, 16:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can not believe hatshepsut is what they call a good lot builder. When I first found the booty I dl some of its lots. They had major issues..... like the stairs hanging outside the walls... Or these huge homes  with a million little rooms and the flow of the house made no sense.  Little to no landscaping done..Anyone could slap a hose like that together in  a few minutes With little to no thought on how playable it was. . As long as it looked pretty in the preview picture of the front thats all the TSR requires.

TSR could give a crap if a house is playable or not.  All that matters to them is how often it is downloaded.  I've downloaded a few houses from TSR that looked lovely, but were completely unplayable and ended up being tanked.  That's one thing that really irritates me about TSR now that I know that the FA's get paid, is that you were made to feel that it would be impropert to bitch when their stuff sucks.  When I thought the FA's were just creators with more recognition, and weren't getting paid, I didn't care as much, because I figured it wasn't important.  "Eh, if the house doesn't work, erase it, it's no skin off my ass."  But now when I think of all the FA stuff I downloaded when I was a subscriber, and it never used, just looked at and erased, it burns me.  I think anyone who has a paid subscription should bitch long and loud about bad files.  After all, you're not just paying for the site to run, you're paying that artist to make that stuff, you shouldn't settle for anything less than perfect.  Hell, I've been making cat toys and giving them away for a sample group, and I've had to replace or fix defective ones, and they were free.  Why should FA's be allowed to "sell" low quality merchandise and not have to be responsible for fixing it?

I think anyone who still has a paid sub to TSR should start a massive bitch campaign over any file that is anything less than what the picture or description promises it to be.  Get your monies worth by all means.  And stop treating FA's like their shit doesn't stink.  They're YOUR workers!  You pay them, make 'em work for their money.  I have to kiss ass to my customers, so does every other seller I know,  why are FA's excluded? 

As much as I'm upset with iZazu, I do have to give her credit where credit is due, her houses did look nice and were playable.  I don't know if she went to the creator's camp or not, but if they were going to send anyone over there to represent housebuilders from TSR, it should have been her. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: 2009 February 01, 17:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tigerblue has some nice lots too. I downloaded a bunch of her Tudor style homes and still have them in my game. I'm not sure if she still creates any more.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
De
Landlubber

X-FA formerly know as detimgi

View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: 2009 February 02, 01:57:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. He hasn't given a formal goodbye, but he has told people privately, which made its way to coconut.  Someone at TSR (presumably with the ability to give the idea) hinted that he would go to the EA camp, and then hatshepsut was chosen as the token lot builder.  That, the feeling that he's going to be replaced, and low downloads made him realise it was only a matter of time until they fired him, so he deleted everything and left.

Some deeper shit must have happened with Madisim. Deleting your own stuff does no good. I spent two hours deleting my crap off of TSR and in a matter of three days it was back up. Makes me curious. Well, he was one of Anita's closest friends. She has probably claimed another victim.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2844 on: 2009 February 02, 06:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some deeper shit must have happened with Madisim. Deleting your own stuff does no good. I spent two hours deleting my crap off of TSR and in a matter of three days it was back up. Makes me curious. Well, he was one of Anita's closest friends. She has probably claimed another victim.

Well according to coconut, no one is sure what's happening there - Thomass hasn't restored the backup or removed FA status.  It's all in limbo.  Of course, I was thinking v7 might be glitchy - and he can't restore the backup yet.

Edit:

TSR planning to have tool monopoly on TS3
« Last Edit: 2009 February 02, 08:31:38 by calalily » Logged

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Echo
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: 2009 February 02, 10:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

they [TSR] will have the tools ready shortly after the launch date
Well that's very encouraging. If TSR can make packages with EA hand-holding, then free tool coders will be able to download that CC, reverse engineer it, then make free, well supported tools much faster than if they had to do it without sample CC to base it on. Then we'll have a lovely, well built tool to make anything we please. Smiley
aeris
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: 2009 February 02, 10:39:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

they [TSR] will have the tools ready shortly after the launch date
Well that's very encouraging. If TSR can make packages with EA hand-holding, then free tool coders will be able to download that CC, reverse engineer it, then make free, well supported tools much faster than if they had to do it without sample CC to base it on. Then we'll have a lovely, well built tool to make anything we please. Smiley

I'll definitly donate to free coders so that they can come up with a free tool of their own,like SimPe. Holy cow! This greedy bastards plan to keep the tools for themselves and make everything pay? Tomass should roast in Hell with his Fas and his NDA. I'm so not buying  their fucking tool license if they plan to make one! Angry  I'd rather wait a year for the free tool to be ready!

I wonder how TSR free artists will react. I hope some will leave *cough*Mira*cough*phoenixphaerie*cough*
Because Madisim wasn't removed from the FA list,i assume his files will be restored to make people pay again.Keeping people's files hostages is TSR motto.

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2847 on: 2009 February 02, 11:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These people do realise that this is the internet, right? I really doubt any amount of NDAs, licenses, DRM and exclusive tools can keep the internet from having what the internet wants. EA is a crusty old fart and TSR should know better.
Although I'm still hoping people will give the EA-TSR combo the finger and refuse to make anything worthwhile for their crappy game. They don't deserve this community's time, effort and creativity.

Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2848 on: 2009 February 02, 12:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA is a crusty old fart and TSR should know better.

Heh, the problem is, is that it is TSR that we are talking about.  And TSR as we all know, is run by intellectually deficient assmonkeys.

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2849 on: 2009 February 02, 12:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who found a way to scam a lot of money out of a lot of people for a very long time. It's deplorable, but between running a site like that and dealing with the pirate/coconut two-fer they really should have learned that the internet is a very hard thing to pin down and control. I'm astounded that they apparently haven't. Can't blame them for trying, I suppose.

EA and TSR are clinging to bussiness methods that went out of style the second the internet got into every home. Scare tactics and backroom dealings are failing and they're at a loss because of it. Surely they can't just be honest, open and customer-friendly! Perish the thought! For one thing, the CEO would melt. That's just bad bussiness sense.

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: