PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 08:11:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1073269 times)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2775 on: 2009 January 25, 20:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No offense, but really, it is.  But then I actually know a decent bit about both.  The old definition of 'Magic is just a word for science we don't understand yet.' or 'Any significantly high technology might as well be magic.'

A lot of things people consider magic fits well under string theory and other things.

I don't bother having pet peeves - why be mad at people for not agreeing with me?  Stupid waste of energy.

As for the mental state thing?  What if instead you are panicking?  Not walking carefully?  I used to walk over broken glass all the time - never got cut - but I also was calm and walking lightly.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: 2009 January 25, 20:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding firewalking: In my country it's an old tradition that during the feast day of st. Constantine and st. Helen "devoted" christians firewalk. I recently saw the Mythbusters episode and I can tell you what was done there is nothing like what is performed here. We're not talking about a quick dash across barbeque coals here, people actually dance around in the coals for a good five minutes. However being a scientist there are a couple of facts that one notices. 1st: people tend to put themselves into a translike situation before assuming this, this includes fasting and all day meditating and praying. 2nd: The coal used are remnants of 10-hour bonfires and it has been estimated that they are superheated and that heat transfer is conduited more through heat radiation than direct contact at this stage. I would make an estimated guess that both science and a deep state of relaxation allow these people to perform something like this.
(and you gotta love how Christianism managed to assimilate all old pagan traditions. Just slap a Saint feast day on it and pretend it's for true believers  Tongue)
« Last Edit: 2009 January 25, 21:14:08 by Alexia » Logged

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: 2009 January 25, 20:55:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, okay, enjoy your semantics then.

As for the mental state thing; yes, you are more likely to injure yourself when you are panicking (although it might cause you to run across the hot coals faster, so it actually might be more helpful in this case). That's obvious and can lead to injury in a variety of situations; I actually don't see really what that has to do with what I brought up, really.

Panicked movements (or digging your feet in to it, or standing without moving) might add to more injury, because you do need to actually move across the coals to not get burned, obviously. There are physical behaviours you should follow to curb injury, but it has nothing to do with what you are thinking at the time unless those thoughts cause you to move your body in a way that would lead to injury (e.g. panicked "deer in the headlights" state standing in the middle of hot coals, for example).

heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: 2009 January 25, 22:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regardless of what else might be involved, I'll still try to use the physics excuse next time any medical professional brings up those stupid coals and tries to tell me that I can cure hypersensitivity to pain and phobias with happy thinking. Cheesy They probably would be completely speechless.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2779 on: 2009 January 25, 23:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone read that review of TS3 on Parsimonious? Interesting read. I find myself thoughroughly confused and waiting for more footwear to drop.
http://www.parsimonious.org/rev/index.shtml

Another contentious issue which has angered large portions of the Sims community, was EA's intention to put real world advertising in game in the form of billboards placed in the neighbourhood. At the Creator's Camp we were informed that EA has resinded this, that The Sims 3 will NOT ship with the capacity for displaying in game real world advertising.

[...] whether or not Sims 3 custom content will be sharable on their own websites, the answer is yes. All the custom content packages created can be easily accessed in your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 3 subfolders and can be published online just as for older Sims content.

Sadly the situation for mesh artists and those who create mods, does not seem very rosy for Sims 3. Based on past experience it is unlikely that we will receive support from Maxis and in general the associated creation processes will be considerably more complicated than for Sims 2.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2780 on: 2009 January 25, 23:52:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, okay, enjoy your semantics then.

And enjoy yours, since you seem much more invested in your arguments than I am in mine.  And enjoy your cold, hard physical-minded world, but it won't make the other third go away, just because you don't like it.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: 2009 January 26, 00:28:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I find that hypersensitivity to physical pain can be overcome mentally. I used to compete in Tae-Kwon-Do and I've finished games with broken fingers, a craked rib and various assortments of bruises. It just takes a lot of determination and practising (My teacher was also a complete bastard -in a good way- and wouldn't accept any excuse to stop training). I find it harder to overcome mental suffering however. If I'm in a moody disposition however, the world could be farting hearts and rainbows and I'd still be in a bad mood! I'm just cranky I guess...

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: 2009 January 26, 01:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean reality? 'Cause yeah, I am pretty invested in reality.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: 2009 January 26, 02:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, Devilfish, that was a read.

I'm glad about the no advertising.  But, I'm not happy about the difficulty in meshing and modding.  I don't know why they want to do that, it's not good for them. I was hoping if they made it easier, and I did decide to get into Sims 3, I might actually learn to mesh.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2784 on: 2009 January 26, 05:48:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The why is easy.  They want to nickel and dime everyone to death by controlling access to new meshes.  Couple that sort of control with a game that isn't really an improvement over the previous installment, though, and what's the point of getting it?
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2785 on: 2009 January 26, 06:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The why is easy.  They want to nickel and dime everyone to death by controlling access to new meshes.  Couple that sort of control with a game that isn't really an improvement over the previous installment, though, and what's the point of getting it?

None - not even custom designs from textures we've made ourselves. Well that sucks. It also seems that they'll be making it easy for Atwa to design rooms (!!ALL ONE COLOUR!!) but not for the rest of us.  The fact that meshes are going to be more difficult is a problem, and the interface sounds clunky and overcomplicated.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: 2009 January 26, 06:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i saw a pic of one of the buy mode interface, and it is really bad looking. I was hoping that when some pics of it started coming out they would change it, but the most resent info is saying they didn't.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: 2009 January 26, 07:34:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new game does appear to be tailor made for sites like TSR that need to crank out tons of half-assed crap in order to feed their moronic clientele base.
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2788 on: 2009 January 26, 14:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that review put me firmly on the not getting it side of the fence.  As someone who plays primarily as a house builder/decorator Sims 3 seems to have very little to offer at launch.  If the mod community figures out a way to do custom textures, I might check it out but for now my money will probably be better spent elsewhere.

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: 2009 January 26, 15:10:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well that stinks.If it is much harder than some of our best creators might just pack up and say screw the sims 3. Sad thing it it could push more people to the TSR if it seems like they are they only ones making anything.

I am a bit confused tho...why did EA even have a creators camp if meshing is going to be next to impossible?

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: