PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 22:28:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1073485 times)
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2700 on: 2009 January 22, 16:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't 12 then, and yes, Makin' Magic was much better done, in my opinion, at least in a lot of ways.  I mind when they do the same expansions over and over again myself.  There are so many other expansion ideas they could do, and they never did with sims 2 because of re-releasing the same things.

Certain things ought to be in the game from the get-go - Seasons, weather, pets.  I can deal with rehashing some expansions, but to make us pay 150 for pets in all three games?  Come on - enough is enough.

I would gladly pay for good quality stuff, but its gotten to where it feels like the only thing good is the basic engine, and even the hackers have had to fix it too.  I'll point at the store.  If I have to pay a dollar for a mesh, it better be a damn good mesh, animated where appropriate, well textured, working properly.  There is no excuse for the Simstore -crap-.  When EA shows they are giving us our money's worth, I'll buy their games.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2701 on: 2009 January 22, 17:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree - ads will still put me off even if SecuRom is gone.  I don't normally pay for ads, but I did for H&M and Ikea, and compromised with the resolve that I would never again shop at Ikea or H&M - and I haven't recoloured any H&M clothes.  I didn't object to the Ford downloads - they were free.

I'm not much interested in Sims 3 - I don't want to learn new stuff - I haven't even made all the things possible to make with Sims 2, let alone cutting and running and starting up creating for Sims 3.  Not to mention, with thesising and whatnot, I haven't actually gotten to play in the last 10 months - I don't even know the ins and outs of the witches, barring 2 hours of gameplay with them. 

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2702 on: 2009 January 22, 20:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll probably play with both - I started modding sims 1 really late in the game, and was never that good.  And I started early-ish with sims 2, but didn't mesh until late.  If its possible to do so with 3, I'd like to start early on.  But I'm torn on sharing stuff, since it gives life to the game, and thus more money to EA....but....on the other hand, I might be sharing good free stuff, and thus keeping money from TSR.

Its such a hard thing to work past.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: 2009 January 23, 00:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never payed for the store stuff, I found the exclusive store items rather ugly. Then I read from many others how much of the stuff needed to be fixed. You think EA would make stuff that worked the way it should.

And I was excited about pets, but the novelty wore off fast.I still have my sims get cats and dogs but that darn bird dies in 2 or 3 days no matter what you do. And my pets don't have jobs..they are all lazy and eat the sofa,  just like in real life lol

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: 2009 January 23, 17:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found only one fansite that went to the creator's camp and had info on the ability to share CC on other sites. This is from Parsimonious:
Sharing Sims 3 CC elsewhere

Another concern raised by one or two creators is the question of whether or not Sims 3 custom content will be sharable on their own websites, the answer is yes. All the custom content packages created can be easily accessed in your My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 3 subfolders and can be published online just as for older Sims content.

So if the EULA for The Sims 3 says the same about paysites as The Sims 2 EULA, then TSR and all other paysites will be selling illegal content. We will just have to wait till the game comes out to find out. I for one, even though I don't agree with certain things EA is doing as a company and to the game, will be getting the game. So I will read the EULA as I install the game to find the part about CC.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: 2009 January 23, 17:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the smoking front, I have been pleading with everyone I know to stop lately. My grandmother has emphysema and is dying, and it's because she has smoked for 60 years. My mom and I are taking turns taking care of her and it is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. She is slowly smothering to death, and I can't even imagine how much pain she is in.

Thankfully I have never even tried to smoke anything, so I don't know how hard quitting is. I have heard it's really tough, but if it saves you from dealing with that later on in life; I would say just push ahead and do it.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, it's just really been on my mind lately.  Undecided

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: 2009 January 23, 18:17:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the smoking front, I have been pleading with everyone I know to stop lately. My grandmother has emphysema and is dying, and it's because she has smoked for 60 years.
Have you considered that your grandmother might simply be dying because she's like 72+, and therefore, is dying simply because she is old? Newsflash: Life is a sexually transmitted disease with a 100% mortality rate.

My mom and I are taking turns taking care of her and it is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. She is slowly smothering to death, and I can't even imagine how much pain she is in.
Have you considered that if it's really so painful, maybe you should stop torturing her and let her die in peace? Would you treat your cat this way?

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lady Vader
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: 2009 January 23, 18:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wanted to reply to Tabby, but Pescado was faster. Same thing I wanted to say.

Tabby's grandma might as well be dying from old age, not nessecarily smoking. Unless she has lung cancer, but even that doesn't have to be caused by cigs. Sure, smoking increaces the risk of it, but there are hundreds of people who smoked all their lives and are completely fine, while some that never smoked got lung cancer. My mother smokes for around 40 years now, she's 62 and she bloody looks like she was 35-40, great skin, almost no wrinkles, white teeth and no scalpel used. Being a late kid, I always had bloody laughs in high school when my mother being over 50 was a "hot chick" comparing to around 36-38 mommies of other brats, that looked like a bunch of old, neglected cows.

Sorry for drifting off from the main subject.
PorkchopzNgravy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: 2009 January 23, 19:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, shit, if that's the case I might as well start smoking too, nothing gonna happen to me.  I mean, just look at Lady Vader's mom!
Wanted to reply to Tabby, but Pescado was faster. Same thing I wanted to say.

My mother smokes for around 40 years now, she's 62 and she bloody looks like she was 35-40, great skin, almost no wrinkles, white teeth and no scalpel used.

In all honesty, she is lucky. So is my mother and my grandmother who also been smoking for quite a while and still are fine. Its great that your mother was able to smoke and still look great and stay healthy. But, just because not everyone gets lung cancer or dies from smoking, there is still plenty who do.

Just like how everyone does not get HIV/AIDS when they have unprotected sex, just like how everyone who drove drunk does not end up killing themselves or someone else(my mother's boyfriend been doing it for years and never got into an accident), just like how everyone who sets off their own fireworks didn't have their hands blown off, there are still those who did. Just because one person or a couple of people were able to avoid the consequences doesn't make the thing they are doing acceptable or any less dangerous.

I hope I didn't come off as rude or anything, because I didn't mean to.
(Oh, yeah, also sorry for continuing to keep the thread off topic)
naceygirl
ARR!

Pirate Petrillo on the High Seas!

View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: 2009 January 23, 20:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope I didn't come off as rude or anything, because I didn't mean to.
(Oh, yeah, also sorry for continuing to keep the thread off topic)

I don't think you were rude, I think you made perfect sense.  Again Pescado has the sensitivity and insight of a charging bull. 

People can live to very old ages if they take care of themselves.  Smoking cigarettes is bad for you, it's a proven scientific fact. Her grandmother's age probably has very little to do with it.

And criticising someone for taking care of their terminally ill grandmother is the most seriously douchebaggy thing I have ever seen on here.  I agree with you on the Sims CC thing, and I believe in destroying paysites, and I really do admire you for all you do for the Sims 2 modding front, but when you do shit like this, I just want to punch you.  Just being honest.

My congratulations to those who are quitting smoking.  Enjoy your improving health!

Awesims: My Sims 2 blog with stories, downloads and CC recommendations.
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: 2009 January 23, 21:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smoking killed my Dad when he was 57.  That's a year younger than me.  He didn't stand a chance--He died about a year before the first Surgeon General's report warning about smoking dangers.  He'd been raised on the "Smoking is good for you, it strengthens your lungs" lies. 

He was luckier than my Mom who was 62 when she died, and she had it much worse.  It didn't kill her right away.  First she had a heart attack, followed by at least 3 strokes.  By the time she had the final massive stroke that killed her she'd been reduced to sitting in a chair staring at the TV on which she couldn't change the channel because she couldn't get out of her chair and she'd lost the fine muscle control it took to change the channel with a remote.  She could light a cigarette though.  She used a pipe lighter that shot a foot long flame into the air.  My sister lived in terror that she'd burn down the house or set her hair on fire.  But, because she too had been raised on the lies the Tobacco Industry told and still believed them even then she didn't have anything else left she enjoyed.  The last stroke was brought on by an arguement with my sister about putting her in a nursing home for her own safety.

Sure, smoke away, even if it kills you you'll die knowing you had a great life.  Except for those few years of paralyasis, and having to drag an oxygen tank around with you if you have the energy to leave your house.... 

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: 2009 January 23, 22:52:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A Ford killed my dad at 44. I still drive one, though. I remember that there's a study out there that links smoking with reduced chances of Alzheimer's, but I'm not providing a link, so I don't expect anyone to take my word for it. I smoke, and I can honestly say that it's not good for me and I should quit. If you smoke in the house, the walls turn yellow. That can't be good, right? On the other hand, smoking lets me know which cleaning solvents to use around the house - if they make my smokes taste funny, they've got to go. Because, really, those things cause cancer, too. But I think the thing that bothers me the most about smoking are the people who consistently feel the need to ostracize me or make me feel like a bad person because I choose to go out on my deck and smoke a cigarette. The 'us and them' mentality only pisses me off, it does not instill in me the urge to quit. And the doctors who make me pay for the extra 40 extra minutes they spend (every damn time I go - no matter the reason) trying to convince me to quit piss me off, too. Yes, the tobacco industry is fucked up. Yes, they make money off of our suffering. Yes, it is my choice to smoke, although I'm sure that my sister convincing me to try it at the age of 6 didn't help much, either. But for fuck's sake, you think I don't already know that it's bad for me? My lung capacity has been reduced to zilch, I started coughing up blood before I decided to switch away from Newports, I'm dependent on a little stick full of chemicals, I smell like an ashtray; I'm aware of all that. Trying to make me feel like a villain doesn't do anything for me except make me want to kick someone's teeth in, and continue to smoke just to spite them. Yeah, it will do me more harm than them, but rationality goes out the window when I'm well and truly pissed.

In regards to Pescado's insensitivity, I must say he has a... point-ish. But I think that one should talk to Grandma about it before jumping to conclusions. If she wants to die in peace, let her. If she wants to continue living, help her. He assumes she wants to die, others assume she wants to live, but, really, all that matters is what Grandmother herself wants. Since Tabby didn't mention that in her post (not that she should have), everything else is just wasted inference.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: 2009 January 23, 23:28:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[lengthy derail]

Bitching about my choice to smoke can and will be a hazard to YOUR health. I don't smoke around my kid. I don't smoke in a car. I don't smoke around those that don't care for it. But I do smoke. It's my choice, not yours. I take the gamble, you don't. Get off my ass because it's my life, my body, my future, my death in the end. I don't tell people that the alcohol they drink is doing horrid things to their livers. I don't bitch about the chemicals in their cosmetics causing problems with their other organs. I don't tell them that the fertilizer used on their vegetables are going to make their hair drop out, their teeth curdle and their eyelids drop into their vegetable soup. We make choices every day of our lives and take the consequences. Good for you to those who have quit or are in the process of such. Just give me the dignity of respecting MY choice to continue.

I liken it to the ability to make our own choices about how we raise our kids, worship our deity of choice, the food we eat, the cleaning products we use, the clothes we wear, the way we regulate our reproduction and all of that. It's a choice that we make on a personal level and no one has to right to screw with that. I'll listen to you. I'll respect your opinion and agree with some points and disagree with others. But at the end of the day, after all is said and done, I'll light a cig and smoke it before I go to bed because it is my habit and my choice. I give you the dignity to make your decisions and don't jump down your throat because I may not be agreeing with what you do with your life, but I respect your right to live it how you will. Give me the same and we're all good. Try to enforce your will upon me, and we will be at war.

I am sorry about your grandmother, I really am. But I've known people that have emphysema and they never smoked a day in their lives. She was a hairdresser and the hairspray mist coated her lungs. I've known people that have gotten lung cancer that also never smoked or were around second hand smoke. Same with heart attacks and strokes, my husband's grandmother being one of those people. It all depends on a genetic predisposition towards those things that tobacco may accelerate, I don't know.

I do think highly of you and your mother for caring for your grandmother, because approaching death is a scary time. It's good of you to do that, not many people in this day and age would. But trust me, she probably knows what is going on and regrets it, but that is on her. She made the choice. I don't mean to sound callous and I apologize most heartily if I do. We all come to the end of that road sooner or later. If I had things to do over, damn right that I would. But there are others that I would leave strictly alone. I've smoked for thirty plus years now, and don't intend on quitting at this point of my life. I deal with enough stress at it is at the moment without adding to tension of breaking an addiction. I thank you for caring but ask you not to take me to task for something that I have made my choice on. Like I said, I don't deny you the right to make a choice for yourself, please don't try and deny me the same right.

[/end derail]

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: 2009 January 23, 23:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First off, let me just give Paden three cheers real quick. There is something I'd like to point out, though, if you don't mind:

I do think highly of you and your mother for caring for your grandmother, because approaching death is a scary time. It's good of you to do that, not many people in this day and age would. But trust me, she probably knows what is going on and regrets it, but that is on her. She made the choice.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and guess that Tabby's grandmother did a good portion of her smoking before all of the facts came out about the health issues. So I do think that, while she did make her choice, she most likely made it without all the information that is available to us today, which, needless to say, really fucking sucks. While an uninformed decision is still a decision, it's not right that the tobacco companies kept so many things hushed up for so many years, and I think that there are many people who would have given up cigarettes long before they did (or never started at all) if they had known what we know today. Knowledge is a good thing. But I  am informed, I get it. Now quit trying to bully me into quitting, random people I meet on the street.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: 2009 January 24, 00:50:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok... well I was simply trying to applaud the people who were quitting smoking, and giving a reason to not do it.  I haven't now, nor will I tell people on an internet forum that I have never met to stop doing ANYTHING.

On the smoking front, I have been pleading with everyone I know to stop lately
See? Everyone I know. I didn't say, "Hey pirates! Stop smoking!" .

[lengthy derail]

Bitching about my choice to smoke can and will be a hazard to YOUR health.

Way to be adult about it. If you threaten to harm people over your smoking, I would think that is the least of your problems.

My mom and I are taking turns taking care of her and it is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. She is slowly smothering to death, and I can't even imagine how much pain she is in.
Have you considered that if it's really so painful, maybe you should stop torturing her and let her die in peace? Would you treat your cat this way?
Pescado, what in the hell are you talking about? What exactly from my post said we are "torturing" her? She is at home, where she wants to be, in her bed again, where she wants to be. Hospice has been called in. We are trying to keep her comfortable until she dies. Surely you don't want me to go ahead and kill her, so it will be done quicker. Roll Eyes  Also, I don't have a cat.

I think the problem is, you think that I have been talking to her about it. What good would that do now? If she stopped smoking this minute, she would still die. I have been asking other family members, my mom; my husband, aunts and uncles.  Believe it or don't, I do know when to talk and when not too, I am not going to pester my grandmother who is trying her best to be strong about something she started when she was a teenager, well before it was even thought to be bad.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: