PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 22:48:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 12 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1073930 times)
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2685 on: 2009 January 22, 00:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember reading on one of the fansites that no decision had yet been taken on DRM for this game. Although the information we got back from the creators/machinimators has made me more interested in the game, it is the DRM, online activation and activation limits that's the real dealbreaker for me.

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2686 on: 2009 January 22, 02:31:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here.  Right now, I'm quite content playing Sims 2.  If I get bored, will just get an expansion pack.  If not, there is plenty of other games that I would like to play (such as Medieval: Total War, Civilisation . . . )  Hopefully, for EA's arses sake, they've got someone checking out forums like this one to see if we will get the game, if not, why.  It makes better business sense to do so, and EA Games is at the end of the day a business.)

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: 2009 January 22, 03:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember reading on one of the fansites that no decision had yet been taken on DRM for this game. Although the information we got back from the creators/machinimators has made me more interested in the game, it is the DRM, online activation and activation limits that's the real dealbreaker for me.

Same here with the DRM.  That was the only thing stopping me from buying TS3.  If they get rid of that, I'll most likely buy it and at least try it.  But, unlike when 2 came out, I'll still keep 2 on my system, where before I got rid of 1 then put 2 on.  This time I'll have both 2 and 3. 

From all I've read though, they don't seem to be starting out with any pets in TS3.  Which means we'll hear a lot of high pitched whining until they do the pet expansion pack.  I hope this time they do it relatively quickly, just to stop the complaining. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Azaya
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: 2009 January 22, 10:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They can squeeze more money out of it by requiring people to buy a pet-centric EP instead of including them in the basegame, so I'm not surprised that's the route they took.
putti
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: 2009 January 22, 13:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What disappoints me is that they didn't include weather,it's all very well that the
tree's are moving,but having a whole town with always sunshine.  Huh
It would've been nice to see the sims opening their umbrellas or run for shelter.
Another EP I suppose.

Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2690 on: 2009 January 22, 14:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There aren't any dealbreakers for me regarding TS3. Even if they drop SecuROM (who wants to bet they'll slap on another, even worse one and call it a day?) they're still milking us for every penny. Their store, their stranglehold on cc, the same old expansions again, their buggy code, complete lack of creativity, horrible customer service and arrogance, not to mention catering to the rich kids... If I'm proven wrong on every single one of these points, then I'll consider checking it out. But I'm not holding my breath.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 22, 14:16:45 by Devilfish » Logged

crunk
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: 2009 January 22, 14:14:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking that I'll eventually arrr it, when I have a computer of my own. Considering that I've reinstalled TS1 on my personal computer, have TS2 and a bunch of other games on the shared computer, and work full-time, I'm not too worried about getting my hands on it right now. I have enough to play with! I will say that reading some of what Edenstyle wrote about gameplay experience made me a bit more interested (obviously this is what EA intended...) and overall it sounds that an interesting take on a game we all play already. The ADS though are a huge negative to me, and the main reason I have no intention of buying it.
Ash Redfern
Infamous Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: 2009 January 22, 14:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ADS though are a huge negative to me, and the main reason I have no intention of buying it.
As if they are not making enough money already. I'm rather glad it took them this long to think of putting actual ads within the game, long enough that it didn't show up in sims 2. Still a bad idea.

Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: 2009 January 22, 15:29:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will be getting it.....hubby has it on pre order for me lol ( he did that himself as a valentines gift)   I am hoping it is not a big let down.  ...but I probably still get all the eps's for it anyways lol

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2694 on: 2009 January 22, 15:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as they are getting advertising money, I'm still not paying for the game.  Its an ethics issue.  Its the initial reason I started Arring, before DRM and Suckrom even entered into it.  H&M paid money to EA for a box of advertising - therefor, EA didn't need my money.  And then they went and did Ikea stuff, and the Ford downloads....and somehow they had to fire people because they didn't have the money.

EA needs to learn that the more they grasp for the money, the less that will flow into their hands - they start worrying more about pleasing their customers and then the money will come again - that and they need to stop paying so much to the rich fucks making these godawful decisions.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
jssimone
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: 2009 January 22, 15:37:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with you Devilfish. As much as I hate the DRM, and I haaaate the DRM, I'm honestly more angry about EA milking the kiddies out of as much money as possible. At the risk of sounding like an immature jerk, I'll admit that at 12 I would've been begging my parents for their credit card every time the store updated their crappy stuff and crying myself to sleep because all my friends could afford a fancy new (recycled) expansion pack while I was stuck without. It's the same issue I have with paysites. I was 12 once (upon a time Wink) and I remember what it was like when my only priority was keeping up with my friends. EA, TSR, it's all the same type of thing to me. Greedy people that want money from the most uninformed faction of society. Dirty.

Besides, I'm still fuming that I lost an hour of my life searching for the fixed versions of store stuff and when I finally got it into my game, it was heinous. When EA can give me back my hour of life and promise me that I won't be subjected their fugliness at every possible opportunity, then I will consider arring the Sims 3. Otherwise, EATSR can find their way to the fast train to hell without my help.

** Disclaimer: I quit smoking 2 days ago and am still a little edgy. So if this post seems disjointed, sorry **
crunk
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: 2009 January 22, 15:48:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides, I'm still fuming that I lost an hour of my life searching for the fixed versions of store stuff and when I finally got it into my game, it was heinous. When EA can give me back my hour of life and promise me that I won't be subjected their fugliness at every possible opportunity, then I will consider arring the Sims 3. Otherwise, EATSR can find their way to the fast train to hell without my help.

** Disclaimer: I quit smoking 2 days ago and am still a little edgy. So if this post seems disjointed, sorry **

I agree on the store stuff. I love that you have to name files a certain way for the damn windows to let light through! Also, I hear you on the smoking! Congrats! If you can last three days, you'll be a little less grumpy. If you can last a month or so, you'll feel like such a different person... I noticed yesterday that my hair smells different now, like shampoo rather than just poo, and I was amazed and so excited! Smiley
jssimone
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: 2009 January 22, 15:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hijacking post:

Crunk - I'm excited to get to the point where I don't feel like kicking a puppy every time someone pisses me off Smiley. I'm very very out of character. But the more I hear that it gets better eventually, the more hope I have in my ability to stay off the smokes. This is the beginning of my 3rd day and I will admit, be it somewhat grudgingly, that it is getting better. Somewhat. Thanks for your words Smiley

Giving post back.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: 2009 January 22, 15:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They can squeeze more money out of it by requiring people to buy a pet-centric EP instead of including them in the basegame, so I'm not surprised that's the route they took.

Actually, that's one thing I don't blame on EAxis and they certainly have a right to make money and a pet expansion pack actually seems like a legitimate idea.  However, I hope they come out with it quickly, instead of three expansion packs and two stuff packs later.  People always go ballistic until they get pets.  

I do get irritated though, that Eaxis will sometimes include stuff or other things in an expansion pack that makes me want to buy it, even if  I don't like the theme of the pack.  Pets got boring pretty fast.

What disappoints me is that they didn't include weather,it's all very well that thebtree's are moving,but having a whole town with always sunshine.  Huh It would've been nice to see the sims opening their umbrellas or run for shelter. Another EP I suppose.

Oh, I'm sure we'll get it soon enough and unless they do some revamping, I'm not all that interested.  I love the idea of weather, I just hate how it's actually turned out.  I used to love using porches as a place to put a chess table, or put an exercise machine, so that if I have a small house, I don't have to remodel just to give them something they need for skill building.  Ever since Seasons, that's become harder to do, because my sims are freezing  or boiling over, every time they're outside for more than a couple minutes.  It's irritating.  I was able to make an entire snowman before I had to rush inside, lest I became frostbitten  my sims should be able to as well.

Also, I hate that it always, always, always, rains the first day my sims move in.  And if there is a tree in the front yard, it's likely to get struck by lightning, so everyone at the "come to your house to welcome you to the neighborhood by eating your food and using your bathroom" runs outside to yell and scream and then all go home because their hygiene is too low.  

Speaking of the party when you move in, anyone ever use boolprop to see what the visitor's needs are at when they come over?  They always are on the verge of pissing their pants when they come over.  Even social isn't that low, which I'd expect it to be.  Social can vary, fun can vary, energy is usually pretty full. Hunger is always getting near the yellow stage, but bladder? Always way in the yellow zone.  It's like only the Sim you control can have access to a bathroom.  I used to use a cheat picture and even if I wasn't doing any real cheating, I'd use the picture to max out everyone's bladder. I didn't consider that real cheating.  (Yes, I know, it IS real cheating, but it was cheating I could live with)

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2699 on: 2009 January 22, 16:19:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, I'm on two weeks now. It gets better. The doctor says my boyfriend's stab wounds will heal without scars, so that's good.
The dog wasn't so lucky. Poor critter...

Thank the various gods for coffee though.

Actually, that's one thing I don't blame on EAxis and they certainly have a right to make money and a pet expansion pack actually seems like a legitimate idea.  However, I hope they come out with it quickly, instead of three expansion packs and two stuff packs later.  People always go ballistic until they get pets.  

Actually, I do mind them doing the same thing over and over again. Granted, people go nuts over pets until they have them, but still. EA has rapidly plummeted into a creative void. I remember the Sims 1 days when I went all giddy over new expansions packs even after I installed them. They all seemed so fresh and original and fun. Maybe that's because I was a lot younger back then, but I can't help but feel EA simply wants to cater to the lowest common denomitor and has thrown all fresh (risky) ideas in the bin because of it. Catering to a niche crowd isn't very profitable. That's why you'll never see a GoS-like, grungy/goth style EP. I agree that this isn't the biggest problem and they can't b blamed for putting out a product that makes money. They have bills and wages to pay after all. But it seriously wouldn't bankrupt them to try something fresh and edgy once in a while.

Anyone remember that dragon from Makin' Magic? Was that just cute and fresh because I was a giddy 12 back then or was it actually more fun than the witches and pets we have now? I honestly don't know.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 22, 16:30:57 by Devilfish » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: