PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:57:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1060076 times)
Beth
ARR!

Random writing.

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2610 on: 2009 January 15, 01:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for that Cabbycat, you learn something new every day (in regard to the HTTP/HTTPS thing)

Updated April 30th!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: 2009 January 15, 01:32:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The HTTP/HTTPS thing really doesn't matter, because it only protects against one particularly obscure form of attack that basically never happens on normal networks. Plus it's a real pain in the neck to set up in the first place, and tends to involve you in even more dodgy shyster companies.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Jonesi
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2612 on: 2009 January 15, 02:12:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't want to resurect the Cyclonesue thread and be macro'd to death for necro so I thought I'd mention it here..just been on TSR nosing through Sues profile and noticed this the following in her "About Me" bit

I like letting the team down by making hideous things. With so many nice creations everywhere, we need GRIM! And grim is what I do best. My main focus is build objects and lots. I don't mind receiving requests but I AM singularly bad at fulfilling them (my apologies). In the meantime, please note that everything I make is for you to use how you wish (no permission needed) - once you've downloaded it, it's yours. Enjoy, and thanks for downloading!

Is this new?  I've not noticed it before, it sounds to me like she's advocating the sharing of her things?

ekrubynaffit
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: 2009 January 15, 09:05:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't want to resurect the Cyclonesue thread and be macro'd to death for necro so I thought I'd mention it here..just been on TSR nosing through Sues profile and noticed this the following in her "About Me" bit

I like letting the team down by making hideous things. With so many nice creations everywhere, we need GRIM! And grim is what I do best. My main focus is build objects and lots. I don't mind receiving requests but I AM singularly bad at fulfilling them (my apologies). In the meantime, please note that everything I make is for you to use how you wish (no permission needed) - once you've downloaded it, it's yours. Enjoy, and thanks for downloading!

Is this new?  I've not noticed it before, it sounds to me like she's advocating the sharing of her things?

That is interesting I would take that as she dosnt care what you do with her creations, maybe she is a bit sick of them over there but thats understandable with all that neon they're using!!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2614 on: 2009 January 15, 17:30:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That might explain why she's not going to the camp.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: 2009 January 15, 19:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bad Sue, bad Sue! Just for that, you're not going to camp and make s'mores! Cheesy

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: 2009 January 15, 22:05:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so confused about that person. I don't get it. She's pay, but she wants to be... kinda-sorta pay? I mean, there's her other site, which says this:

Why?
When I was invited to join The Sims Resource, it was the biggest honour for me - I leapt at the opportunity and have never looked back.  However, there was a time when anything I made could and would be free at some point; those times have had to change and so I wanted to set up an outlet where I could offer my own free creations.

So it looks like the veil is beginning to slip off, but then, there's the fact that [http://cyclonesims.com/Feature.asp]   minus   Feature.asp   equals   [http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/cyclonesue]. No, really, it does. So I guess she does want her other site associated with the money grubbers, but she wants it to be... not... pay? Oh, I'm just confused. And disappointed. I had thought that that free site was a good omen. Anyhow, yeah, I can see why the Head Ass wouldn't want to send her to camp. It kind of looks like she's on a fence. A rather comfortable fence, at that.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2617 on: 2009 January 15, 22:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So it looks like the veil is beginning to slip off, but then, there's the fact that [http://cyclonesims.com/Feature.asp] 

A comfortable fence with pay - she made that site ages ago, has done nothing with it, hasn't gone free.  Undecided

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: 2009 January 16, 17:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trouble in TSR Paradise?

I've been following some of the blogs there for the Sims 3 event. This opening sentence from Tdyannd was interesting to say the least:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/members/tdyannd/blog/view-post/post/9644

Today was yet another fun day. Right as the camp released for dinner, the TSR Flock headed back to the hotel for our meal. To say the least, the 6 hour meal was...well, I don't even think 'eventful' would cover it. Of course, what happens in the Red Room stays in the Red Room.

I don't think she was talking about the food...

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: 2009 January 16, 18:07:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the sounds of what Edenstyle posted in their Creator's Camp blog, it sounds like we will have real custom content, how long though is to be seen.

Yesterday I joined CAS tips and tricks. Sims are more realistic and there are tons of sliders to modify their appearance. They showed us some great screenshots, with perfect shades. The good news is that they made them directly in the game, they didn't used any external tool to make Sims more realistic, like they used to do for Sims 2 (expecially for packages). About custom content, you cannot modify Alphas by default, but the CAS guru said that hackers would be able to do it.

But that is just about CAS. If that would extend to objects, to say the lest, it would be an improvement, other then the fact that hackers have to find a way to do it first, so really it seems its going to be The Sims 2 all over again.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
uknortherner
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: 2009 January 17, 00:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, it would seem that tdyannd's blog's done a vanishing act. I can't possibly think why that happened...  Roll Eyes

If only I had the foresight to do a screencap first.

On the Edenstyle comment - it looks like creators/modders will have to find ways to extract the meshes and alphas like before. I didn't get the impression from that article that the developers are deliberately stopping hackers and modders from creating CC outside the game, but it seems they are trying to maintain game stability, an issue that has been mentioned a few times over the last couple of days on various blogs.

On another note, one of the bloggers (can't remember which one - I'll have a look around and add the link, unless The Prism's discovered it already - I'll look there as well)) asked the EA rep whether SecuROM or DRM will be included in the game, and they were told that a decision had yet to be made.

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2621 on: 2009 January 17, 00:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's still there for me - but I screenied it just in case.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
uknortherner
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: 2009 January 17, 01:10:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe! Nice one! Smiley

Still getting the error here.

cabbycat
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: 2009 January 17, 01:37:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The HTTP/HTTPS thing really doesn't matter, because it only protects against one particularly obscure form of attack that basically never happens on normal networks. Plus it's a real pain in the neck to set up in the first place, and tends to involve you in even more dodgy shyster companies.

Well it got me an A!
I didn't really even have to search hard to find it. It's on snopes.com.

"There is always death and taxes; however, death doesn\'t get worse every year." - Unknown "Here's to you and here's to me, and I hope we never disagree. But, if that should ever be, to HELL with you, here's to ME!" - Unknown
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: 2009 January 17, 01:41:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it got me an A!
I didn't really even have to search hard to find it. It's on snopes.com.
I'm not certain I follow you.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: