PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:17:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1060081 times)
SBNao
ARR!

...may the cutest win.

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2580 on: 2009 January 13, 15:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like I said before...Hypocrisy Hell.  EA wants to just keep milking The Sims like a bloated everlasting cash cow, and they're going to do and promote anything they can to make that happen.

T$R is a huge pay site. They have a crapload of people who pay to go there. It promotes The Sims. It promotes EA's moneywhoring. So EA is going to promote, support (in a sleazy, urinesoaked backroom sorta way) and drag them along for the ride. 

They're disgusting pigs.  Both of them; EA and T$R deserve to wallow in the dung filled trough they've filled together.

I mean,...come on. EA has been raping The Sims franchise for years. If anyone didn't think they
were money grubbers by now, they had some platinum plated coins latched onto their eyelids.  Inviting so many from T$R just highlights even more how they want to do anything they can to make more money.

Even if it means ignoring those that break their rules, so long as it benefits them.

***end rant

Yae and Sae; the original Olsen twins.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2581 on: 2009 January 13, 16:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, okay - like I said, not really familiar with most of those names - and I missed Josh *murderous look* who should fit in with the TSr folks just fine.

And that's precisely it - its not any of the TSR 'big talents' they picked [as I understand it, TSR got invites and picked who got to go, not EA.].  I don't get it.  There are some talented FAs still, if a lot of them have left.  Why didn't they take along any of them?  I can't believe that -all- of them had to work.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: 2009 January 13, 16:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I can't figure out is Manager Josh. Huh
Oh, I can. He's been a EA fangirl for a long while. No big shocker to me.

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: 2009 January 13, 19:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My mouth is gaping open that Brynne (she is listed under her alt name "VRevis") of all people got invited to the event.  Why--just, why???
Several reasons: First, all the blather about their latest and greatest "movie-making tools" has clearly caused EA to somehow see Sims-made movies as actual custom CONTENT. This is, of course, silly, as such movies are not actually CONTENT at all. Second, mostly because I allowed it to proceed.

And how do you come by this kind of influence, oh Cranky Curmudgeon?

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: 2009 January 13, 20:26:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My mouth is gaping open that Brynne (she is listed under her alt name "VRevis") of all people got invited to the event.  Why--just, why???
Several reasons: First, all the blather about their latest and greatest "movie-making tools" has clearly caused EA to somehow see Sims-made movies as actual custom CONTENT. This is, of course, silly, as such movies are not actually CONTENT at all. Second, mostly because I allowed it to proceed.

When you put it like that, I have this image in my head of you blowing a tranq dart at Brynne's neck as she is walking up the steps of EA headquarters, catching her as she falls, and dragging her away with no one being the wiser.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 13, 20:35:39 by missangelica » Logged

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2585 on: 2009 January 13, 22:04:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect that EA chose creators for two reasons:  1.  They make the Maxis stuff actually look good and 2.  Didn't want any that they know where affiliated with PMBD.  Since we apparently have Sims 2 Store here.  That and things might get a little political.  (Like it won't do, anyway.)

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
ritaxis
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: 2009 January 13, 23:56:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looking at the list of people at creator camp it's pretty clear they were invited for their specialties, mainly.  What are there -- three object makers?  And the rest are mostly people who do lots and machinima.

I don't say machinima isn't content: it's an art, too.  But it's one that can be done without having a way to edit game files in any way.

It's been pretty clear from the beginning of the hype for Sims 3 that they're really trying to get people focused on a certain range of activities and to talk them out of wanting to do other ones.  So I think they've brought in a bunch of people who they think might be convinceable that the range of activities they're making available are sufficiently awesome that they won't miss the others.

Though it's hard for me to believe that the best machinima makers are going to be satisfied with getting all their clips by following their Sims around the sidewalks of the town and hoping for the best.  Especially as it has been revealed that you won't be able to follow your sims into community buildings.  Just puzzling.
missangelica
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: 2009 January 14, 00:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect that EA chose creators for two reasons:  1.  They make the Maxis stuff actually look good and 2.  Didn't want any that they know where affiliated with PMBD.  Since we apparently have Sims 2 Store here.  That and things might get a little political.  (Like it won't do, anyway.)

*hits you over the head with a newspaper*  We don't have any Sims 2 Store items in the booty.  We never have.  Get it right.

SimARR
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: 2009 January 14, 00:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*hits you over the head with a newspaper*  We don't have any Sims 2 Store items in the booty.  We never have.  Get it right.

Meanie said "Since we apparently have Sims 2 Store here." ~ eg. referring to the fact that maxis were misinformed that pes host the files, which isn't true.

Tis you who needs to 'get it right' before newspaper hitting commences.
Beth
ARR!

Random writing.

View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: 2009 January 14, 01:02:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.decorgal.com/

She has a lovely site, like someone said above the clothes are really nice.
She also created a pose hack on MTS2 that I use quite often, the only one I have in fact.
There's more people I would of liked to see on there, but I guess RL comes first.

Updated April 30th!
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2590 on: 2009 January 14, 01:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's been pretty clear from the beginning of the hype for Sims 3 that they're really trying to get people focused on a certain range of activities and to talk them out of wanting to do other ones.  So I think they've brought in a bunch of people who they think might be convinceable that the range of activities they're making available are sufficiently awesome that they won't miss the others.

I think you're right - and I think they are advertising more towards activities. The object/clothing side has been ignored for more of the type of play that they are intending - all the videos show the sort of town type thing, that doesn't really appeal to a lot of us.  So they're going to shape things to make it look like lots of fun.

EA might have found that the machinima folks are more likely to buy and buy, and that they pimp it to other machinima folks who maybe don't play sims, but are interested in making videos - very effective free advertising.  I mean, they obviously don't care about company loyalty or cuddliness anymore, or they wouldn't have gone in the direction they have. So it's just enough for them to get them to buy. And they can rely on hardcore Simmers buying it anyway.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
missangelica
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: 2009 January 14, 01:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meanie said "Since we apparently have Sims 2 Store here." ~ eg. referring to the fact that maxis were misinformed that pes host the files, which isn't true.

Tis you who needs to 'get it right' before newspaper hitting commences.

Nope.  *whacks you over the head too*

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2592 on: 2009 January 14, 01:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OH, I've used that posing thing.  and she does have some pretty things. I think alot of people are wondering why MTS2 wasn't invited at all, and only one person out of all the creators there was invited, but has her own site [ Decorgal ].  Its stupidly hypocritical of EA.  I doubt seriously that everyone who should have gotten invited -couldn't- go.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: 2009 January 14, 02:55:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Better question: why NOT??

For simplicity's sake, it boils down to that she's an attention whore and that her Sims 2 music videos suck monkey balls.

You're perfectly entitled to your opinion about her videos, but you're talking out your ass about the "attention whore" insult. That's pure unadulterated bullshit.

Pescado doesn't like her because he pushed her too far and she took her toys and went home. Considering how many people he's done that to, I don't think it says anything much about her. Of course he likes to claim he has some kind of control regarding her, he does that. Often.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: 2009 January 14, 03:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And how do you come by this kind of influence, oh Cranky Curmudgeon?
Because I possess extremely damaging information that, if known, would make her politically unacceptable?

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: