PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:06:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1060321 times)
crunk
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2565 on: 2009 January 12, 18:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love to be a fly on the wall at the Creators' Camp - not because I care about the Sims 3, but because I think it would be interesting to see any confrontations that might pop up. There's a reality tv show or three in there! Wink
LadyDea
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: 2009 January 12, 18:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are so many more deserving people that should go the Creator's Camp. It's disgusting. I don't recognize a good portion of them as I'm familiar with TSR artists as I'm familiar with the mating habits of frogs (which is nothing). I'm glad that Kate, at least, was invited.

Come visit Sammytopia
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: 2009 January 13, 01:56:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My mouth is gaping open that Brynne (she is listed under her alt name "VRevis") of all people got invited to the event.  Why--just, why???

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: 2009 January 13, 03:20:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Better question: why NOT??

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
They
ARR!

Thoma$$ Excrement!

View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: 2009 January 13, 03:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My mouth is gaping open that Brynne (she is listed under her alt name "VRevis") of all people got invited to the event.  Why--just, why???

Must have took some of the TSR advice, I say.  Roll Eyes
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: 2009 January 13, 03:27:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Better question: why NOT??

For simplicity's sake, it boils down to that she's an attention whore and that her Sims 2 music videos suck monkey balls.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: 2009 January 13, 03:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, at least she's not pro-pay. I know her history, but again, they probably wanted to have someone from the "free side" along, no matter how loose the association with us is. This way, they have "attention whores" from both sides of the fence. I've not seen her stuff, mainly because the Sims 2 music videos that I've seen were of stuff like the Beatles and the Time Warp. If what I've heard about the way they're going to customize content for Sims 3 is true, is it really going to matter who in the fuck goes? They've shot themselves in the balls by closing out some of the most creative people in the community, and now I plan to pop some corn and watch the motherfuckers bleed to death most gleefully.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2572 on: 2009 January 13, 04:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No offense intended to the free folks who may be on there, but are any of them talented?  I only recoggnize names from reading Coconut's stuff, and Decorgal sounds familiar - but most of them I've never heard of.

Can't believe they didn't invite a -single- of the big name creators - not even any of the TSR folks look to be big talents, as far as I can tell.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
SimARR
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: 2009 January 13, 05:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well... Kate @ Parsim is fairly talented, Decorgal is quite good. Many people love Shtinkey's stuff (Holy Simoly) ~ And Suza and Jope are popular aswell. Other than that, 0 talent.
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: 2009 January 13, 08:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me it is just one more nail in the EA coffin.  No way am I paying for a game knowing that, if I do, I will be helping to pay towards TSR's hotel bill.  The only reason I can think of that TSR is there at all is, EA will be selling their own content in the EA shop, if they had items from the best of the free creators available to the sims community it would make their shite look even shitier, Look no further than the freesites pawn paysite thread.  Some people aren't aware that paystuff is so crap till it stands next to freestuff, so who would buy EA shop items if on the same site there was a lovely bedroom suite, say for example made by Adele.  I also hope the FAs over at tsr also see that not only is Atwat a huge threat to tsr, the fact that Thomas seems so infatuated with her and keeps trying to sneek her in the back door,  makes him just as big a threat as her.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: 2009 January 13, 12:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Several reasons: First, all the blather about their latest and greatest "movie-making tools" has clearly caused EA to somehow see Sims-made movies as actual custom CONTENT. This is, of course, silly, as such movies are not actually CONTENT at all. Second, mostly because I allowed it to proceed.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2576 on: 2009 January 13, 13:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had some of Decorgal's stuff in my game before.  Not bad stuff.  Nothing trashy or skimpy, and fairly conservative.  Highly detailed, as well.  What I don't get is why they chose to ignore some of the better known lot.  You know, the stuff that people actually . . . well, I don't know  . . . download, perhaps.  To me it just seems that EA is just interested in promoting its trashy little whore (T$R).

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
uknortherner
ARR!

Wherever I lay my hat... That's my home.

View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: 2009 January 13, 13:12:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's possible that other free creators were also approached and they declined the offer. After all, this thing's running for a week, and most people have real jobs to go to.

The preceding message does not contain the following: Crappy poetry; song lyrics from really obscure bands; 12ish netspk; random confusion over "there", "their" and "they're"; aLtCaPs; superspeshulsnowflaekeness or any other glitter-filled bollocks.
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: 2009 January 13, 13:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kate, Decorgal, Suza, and Jope are all talented.  What I can't figure out is Manager Josh. Huh

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
aeris
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: 2009 January 13, 14:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They invited Dot and Tdyannd??... Well, now, we all know what to expect in the future.Bad recolors and fulgly lamps.  At first,I really thought they were going to invite more paysite owners,(peggy,reflex) but i guess what Meanie said is true: this event is a cover  to promote TSR. Angry There are a lot of free artists that deserved to go! Adele,Nouk, some artists at MTS2 .And what about Numenor/Quaxi? Without all their work, TS2 wouldn"t be such a commercial success!!
At least, if they'd invited FAs like Cashcraft or Anoeska, hell, i'd have understand. Some SAs, maybe. But, well. It's Eaxis job to find the crappiest "creators" and bring their "things" to you, and by bring, i mean sell !

I'm so not buying TS3.Not even an "arred" version!

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: