PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 04:24:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1073637 times)
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2460 on: 2008 December 29, 20:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe. Sleep her way to the top AND drive everyone away sounds more like it.
Mheyin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: 2008 December 29, 22:44:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two words: Fatal Attraction

Shit, I'm scared of her, and she doesn't even know where I live.

Yo-ho, haul together,
Hoist the colors high!
Heave-ho, thieves and beggars,
Never say we die!
carlydunham
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: 2009 January 05, 13:08:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

intresting i just went to downloads and it says not found!!!
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: 2009 January 05, 14:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

intresting i just went to downloads and it says not found!!!

We established that only a few posts above yours...

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: 2009 January 05, 17:27:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, ThomAss,  Steve and the rest over at TSR have to be a little stressed right now.  Sims 2 is beginning to fade into the sunset.  Not done with, but on the verge of a huge drop in popularity, and thus their income for upkeep on that second house is going to drop along with it. 

As for Sims 3, it has a good chance being a total flop.  And we don't know if the EULA is going to be allow paysites at all, and whether EAXIS will decide to be as lenient as they are with Sims 2.  Also, TSR is dependant on someone else coming up with a program equivalent to SimPe since neither of them appears to have the programming talent to do it, anyway.   So, right now their cash cow is on very wobbly legs.

So maybe ThomAss and Atwat are clinging to each other waiting for the apocalypse, just like the lovers at the end of an old move.  (Brain Bleach to remove that image...)

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: 2009 January 05, 18:01:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, TSR was invited to this big whoop-de-do about Sims 3, where people were going to learn how to make custom content for Sims 3, so they would be the very first, so we don't know what's going on with custom content.  As for Sims 3 bombing?  Good chance, unless they decide to listen to their customers and fix a few dozen things, starting with suckurom.  Although, there are a lot of Sims junkies out there, some of whom don't even realize it has a fandom on the net.  They buy the games, they play them on their computers and that's it.   How much of the game playing population they are is up for debate, but I'll bet we'll get a better idea when Sims 3 comes out. 

As for the CC thing, I'm wondering if they are going to come out with an editor like SimPE but it will be their editor.  Otherwise, what custom content are they going to be teaching these creators?  Floors?  Walls?  Maybe how to put a logo on a T-shirt? 

I also am wondering if EAxis, realizing how much money TSR is making, is going to try to take it away from them, or demand a cut so they can keep going.  It would be pretty easy of EAxis to lure over the "better" creators to the Sims 3 exchange, pay them minimal money, and make the exchange like the SIms store.   Even if they payed their creators less than TSR, they'd still get folks just for the prestige and less headaches. At least they wouldn't be doing anything illegal anymore. 

Honestly though, I really believe that EAxis, for some strange reason, loves TSR and will do anything to let them stay and do whatever they want.  If that's the case, if TSR is the only paysite they will endorse, they could still solve the whole problem.  Issue a license to TSR allowing them to sell Sims stuff, and no one else.  If anyone else tries to get a license, they just give a ridiculous price that no one can afford to pay. 

I just don't understand what's so great about TSR, that EAxis embraces them.  MTS2 has done so much more for Sims 2, in terms of not only providing custom content, but in developing moders so more custom content could be made.   And it's all free, and therefore, legal in their terms. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: 2009 January 05, 18:41:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that Steve Bonham from T$R and Will Wright from the original MAXIS knew each other in real life, and if that's the case, there's the reason they still allow that shit... Too bad the guy from T$R is such a dick wad...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
nixy
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2467 on: 2009 January 05, 19:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if there were any free creators besides Suza of Simply Styling invited to the creator's camp? She's the only one I've heard about, but it would seem rather strange for EA to invite just a single non-TSR creator out of all the hundreds of creators they could have approached. While I like the clutter Suza has been making over the last few months, I doubt she'd make my personal short list, if only because she hasn't been at it as long as some others. Also, do we know if all of the FAs were invited, or just a select few? And do we know which ones? I'm really curious to know who EA considers "the best" creators. I hope they do realize that quite a few of the FAs use other people's meshes and probably can't create anything more compelling than a box on their own. Or, no, I hope they don't realize it, at least not until they've paid for them all to fly out to camp.

eternal_darkness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: 2009 January 05, 21:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for Sims 3, it has a good chance being a total flop

Technically, it already is a total flop. I haven't met anyone so far who is giddy about it. And those that are will probably change their tune once those lovely installation and gameplay issues pop up. From the looks of it, it would probably make a better expansion pack Tongue. Congratulations to TSR for getting to learn how to make CC in advance. Too bad most people won't be thinking about CC right off the bat. Even if they do, they are most likely to grab hacks, tools, and game mods; All of TSR's failings. Personally, I am not even going to consider buying the game until InSim (or an equivalent mod) is out. And I'm sure people are already trying to see who's going to make the first nude patch... Wink.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 05, 21:21:01 by eternal_darkness » Logged

The World Will Look Up and Shout, “Save Us!” And I’ll Look Down and Whisper, “No.”
Alexia
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: 2009 January 05, 21:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only way I can think of that T$R would get a jump start, would be if EA handed them the tools they use to create objects. Bearing in mind the failsauce F.A.s that T$R employs, like Dot and Evi, personally I'd love to see what they'd do. Whole generations of simmies would point and laugh at any meshes or animations to come out of those losers. If it weren't for people like Delphy, Pescado and other great modders, meshers and texturers out there, all we'd be able to make would be floodfilled T-shirts. Perhaps EA should rethink this strategy of promoting T$R, after all If no one else can legally distribute CC, who is T$R going to steal from?
I'm not buying TS3 until the whole SuckyouRom issue has been cleared.

" Nae king! Nea quin! Nae laird! Nae master! We willna' be fooled again" Terry Pratchett
Solander
ARR!

This is me ;)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2470 on: 2009 January 05, 22:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just don't understand what's so great about TSR, that EAxis embraces them.  MTS2 has done so much more for Sims 2, in terms of not only providing custom content, but in developing moders so more custom content could be made.   And it's all free, and therefore, legal in their terms. 

I don't think EA does care about legal or not (whatever interpretation of any EULA you follow) as long as their core business, which is selling copies of The Sims 2/3 and the expansion packs, is not affected. And sites like TSR etc. do even push the sale of new game copies, as stuff requires new addons, latest mini addons or whatever, so people are motivated to buy the required games, if they would like to use the files in question. Even free sites do help EA to sell their stuff, as all those little custom content creators out there help the large slow giant of a computer games company to keep up with new trends and keep the game being interesting for hundred thousands of users.

I can only speculate, why TSR is one of their favourites, but maybe its because they are a "real" company, too. This means, they are reliable in the eyes of a company that has to publish quarterly reports for the stock exchange and plan for years in advance. A website being run by a private person who does not need to plan for longer periods of time ('I shut down my site whenever I like to', 'I change my policies every day, as it's my site','Oh, did I ever have an opinion about a certain topic? Even if i did, i do not care anymore'), a company like TSR has to care about this. This makes it the preferred partner for EA in my eyes. They can sign contracts, make agreements and much more a private site could never offer, as for example penalties etc. could not be met.

And as long as they stay officially separated from any custom content out there, they are on the safe side concerning "not that suitable" content not fitting into the "perfect teenage sims world, were noone is ever naked or seriously harmed and where is not shittalk etc.". And maybe they do consider it to be too dangerous to enter the sims 2 downloads market and sell their own custom content. As i think this would make them responsible for any damages to the game or a users pc. And they are not a crappy fan site somewhere on the other side of the world, they are EA, which every laywer would like to take to court. Why not demand 100 million dollars for a single hairstyle, as your mental health was seriously in danger after not being able to play anymore after you bought the file from a trusted source like EA.

The construct of independent sites (paysite or not, see above for my opinion, why EA does not care), that do marketing for EA, and EA in the center, publishing as much as they can, is just perfect for them. And i'm pretty sure they did never dare to dream of such a perfect situation for them before released the first sims game.

Greg aka Solander

Webmaster of Pimp my Sims.com
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2471 on: 2009 January 05, 22:41:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And as long as they stay officially separated from any custom content out there, they are on the safe side concerning "not that suitable" content not fitting into the "perfect teenage sims world, were noone is ever naked or seriously harmed and where is not shittalk etc.". And maybe they do consider it to be too dangerous to enter the sims 2 downloads market and sell their own custom content. As i think this would make them responsible for any damages to the game or a users pc.

I agree with most everything you said, but they have their sims 2 store now.  It is perhaps that they will leave a great deal of this in the hands of TSR and just take a cut, as then TSR has to deal with Pescado and his ilk, rather than EA.  Also, as for being sued, they have the exchange, but all the disclaimers make that relatively risk free, despite cc breaking hundreds of games.

Of course there is the other possibility that they will endeavour to control this as much as possible. They talked of innovating cc with Spore, and I've yet to see a Spore download site - it's all centralised on the Spore exchange.  If they use the same system, you may need to purchase a licence to get the tools to set up a site that can share Sims 3 textures. That will cut out all those little independent sites with no moolah.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Solander
ARR!

This is me ;)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2472 on: 2009 January 05, 22:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course there is the other possibility that they will endeavour to control this as much as possible. They talked of innovating cc with Spore, and I've yet to see a Spore download site - it's all centralised on the Spore exchange.  If they use the same system, you may need to purchase a licence to get the tools to set up a site that can share Sims 3 textures. That will cut out all those little independent sites with no moolah.

Hope they will not do so. I just do not want to have boobs monsters or penis warriors populating my game Wink only because someone created them and the EA servers decide to send them to me. Nothing against primary sex characteristics, but I like to decide my self, what weird cc is saved to my HD.

But the idea of purchasing licences for tools is really scaring. Not only as I am just preparing the relaunch of Pimp my Sims (the graveyard has to wait a little longer for us Wink). I still hope there will be a tool like SimPE for Sims 3. Don't know who will create one, but I would support them from the start, if needed.

Webmaster of Pimp my Sims.com
AW
ARR!

aka Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: 2009 January 06, 01:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kiss to Solander.  I've missed you.  Check your email.    Kiss

I would completely support SimPE or something similiar for Sims 3.  I don't create, but I donate.  Grin

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: 2009 January 06, 02:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I won't do a damn thing for Sims 3 as long as it looks like plastic monkeys, has SecuROM and allows paysites as the only ones that can make custom content. From what I've heard about the damn demo for CC, it's scary and restrictive as hell. If I want restrictive, I'll get a fucking whalebone corset and learn how to breathe shallow...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: