PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:29:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1060308 times)
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2415 on: 2008 December 20, 05:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I absolutely refuse to buy Ikea. I think it's a major sell out on EA's part. If I had know H&M was a store as well, I wouldn't have bought that stuff pack either. My room mate jokes about buying Ikea for me for Christmas. My usual reply is only if he wants to see it set on fire and pissed on.

Buy? What is this buy thing you keep mentioning? Cheesy U can haz Nao Smiley Plus your missing out on a pretty cool SP.

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: 2008 December 20, 05:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I absolutely refuse to buy Ikea. I think it's a major sell out on EA's part. If I had know H&M was a store as well, I wouldn't have bought that stuff pack either. My room mate jokes about buying Ikea for me for Christmas. My usual reply is only if he wants to see it set on fire and pissed on.

Buy? What is this buy thing you keep mentioning? U can haz Nao without this buying thing Cheesy Plus your missing out on a pretty cool SP Smiley

Cheesy I've seen a lot of picture of some really cool furniture, and I'm sure I'm missing out. But by me not having this stuff pack, is me protesting their sell outness. I love Ikea. What I don't love is subliminal advertising. Technically it's not even that subliminal.

I have no problem with having ikea and H&M for free - after all, EA got their money already, they don't need it from me.  In fact, I think H&M was my first non-bought one, because I objected to buying advertising.

Its a good set and Ikea is decent, if not a really accurate rendition of how versatile the real stuff is.  In fact, if I were Ikea, I'd sue for crappy advertising.

I don't see issues with anything for free. Hell, I'm "Free's" biggest fan!  Smiley

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: 2008 December 20, 23:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I don't love is subliminal advertising. Technically it's not even that subliminal.
Since when has EA ever been even remotely subliminal? Unless, of course, the real-world adverts in TS3 is their attempt at doing so.
Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: 2008 December 21, 00:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I don't love is subliminal advertising. Technically it's not even that subliminal.
Since when has EA ever been even remotely subliminal? Unless, of course, the real-world adverts in TS3 is their attempt at doing so.

Hah. Good point, subtlety isnt Eaxis's strong point.

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
ARR!

Sublime Mushroom Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2419 on: 2008 December 21, 02:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This reminds me of the Simpsons episode - there is subliminal, liminal, and super-liminal. EA is always super-liminal.

Pesky Pescado's in your garden? SublimeSims.net. Proud host to Illusions of Grandeur, Calalily Sims and Sims2Artists.
naceygirl
ARR!

Pirate Petrillo on the High Seas!

View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: 2008 December 23, 17:48:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Been away for some months and I come back to this madness - holy shit, yo.  It took me days to catch up!!  I'd be entertained if it weren't for the fact that real people are having their privacy compromised!

One point I didn't see made in the discussion about EA snubbing all the good creators and modders for their special Doofus Camp is that if they DO want to cut the talented modders out of the picture, they're really pulling the rug out from underneath themselves.

In between the release of stuff packs, it's the custom content and the community associated with it that not only keeps the game interesting, but keeps the game *functioning*.  These talented modders weren't just a part of a community, they were a part of the game's growth.  How many times have you seen some awesome piece of CC that is emulated later in a stuff pack?  Or a modded behaviour that gets written into the game? (Like teleporting). 

If they do decide to make it either impossible or incredibly difficult for people to mod the game, they are paving the way for their own failure.  They don't seem to understand, at all, that it's the free-flowing ideas and the companionship of a close community of people valiantly loyal to their product that made the product so successful in the first place. (I say 'valiant' as look at what the users have to put up with from EA, and we still try to enjoy their products!).  I really can't say much for the Sims 3's chances.  I won't be getting it as it's too much for my computer, and I've already filled this one with my Sims 2 games, and I'm not giving up my families and beloved content for anything.  The new Sims look pretty fug to me, and I heard that it'll be only one family at a time with constant chronology?

To get back on topic (since this thread *was* about TSR's info-sharing habits) I wrote to them and asked them how to delete my account.  I want my custom content (a few sims I made) taken down.  Not that my Sims are anything awesome, none of them are fully skinned or anything, but I hate the thought of my stuff being up there and people assuming I'm all right with the place.  Plus the Doctor is too cool for TSR.  I let them know that I was disgusted with their behaviour and that was the reason why I was leaving.  If I hear back from them, I'll let you all know, though I doubt I will.

Awesims: My Sims 2 blog with stories, downloads and CC recommendations.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: 2008 December 23, 18:48:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In between the release of stuff packs, it's the custom content and the community associated with it that not only keeps the game interesting, but keeps the game *functioning*.  These talented modders weren't just a part of a community, they were a part of the game's growth.  How many times have you seen some awesome piece of CC that is emulated later in a stuff pack?  Or a modded behaviour that gets written into the game? (Like teleporting). 

That is something I doubt EA will ever realize. I believe that is what made The Sims 1 so popular. Before I realized I could download for my game, I got extremely bored with it. One day I decided to register it, and found the fan site listings on their homepage. That is what got my interest back into it. Is because now I could get my sims game look the way I wanted it to. I even learned how to actually create clothes, sims faces, and edit hair just for my game. If it wasn't for the fan websites, I wouldn't even be playing The Sims 2.

I doubt that EA will ever realize that having customizations to our liking is what made the game. But alas, I'm sure another modder will come up out of the ashes like a phoenix, and release some program so normal folks can create for The Sims 3. Afterall, unless they make the game go kaslpodie if you tinker with it, there will always be holes in their codes.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Dina D
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2422 on: 2008 December 23, 19:11:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Naceygirl...don't count on TSR taking your stuff down...unless you want to just get completely banned....and if you want that your most likely going to have to leave a wake of destruction...and nice macro's calling ThomAss a Nazi...Cheesy

naceygirl
ARR!

Pirate Petrillo on the High Seas!

View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: 2008 December 24, 04:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dina, I'm not seeing a downside to that plan.

Awesims: My Sims 2 blog with stories, downloads and CC recommendations.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Re: ATWAT RETURNS
« Reply #2424 on: 2008 December 28, 10:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://tsrcoconut.wordpress.com/2008/12/27/phase-2-and-this-is-getting-old/

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
Re: ATWAT RETURNS
« Reply #2425 on: 2008 December 28, 10:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy OMG, will they never learn? Too funny.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Mirraaj
Landlubber

www.Mirraaj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2426 on: 2008 December 28, 12:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know.
I saw this, how ridiculous is it.
I used to know Atwa. Boy did I miss-judge her.
I almost feel dirty admitting it.

Thomas is just as bad though! Like seriously, why would you let her go anywhere near that website. Even if he really is in love with her (allegedly).

Mirraaj.

www.Mirraaj.com
No ads, No costs - All quality.
eternal_darkness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: 2008 December 28, 14:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sheesh. Don't these people have jobs? Lives? Kids?(I hope not). A lot of time seems to be spent on professional mudslinging and gossip, and those aren't viable skills unless you are a politician or are still in high school........

The World Will Look Up and Shout, “Save Us!” And I’ll Look Down and Whisper, “No.”
Beth
ARR!

Random writing.

View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: 2008 December 28, 14:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it the same minisite, but just that they've changed the name of the "artist"?
I looked in the guestbook and saw the posts there are the ones that C4Sims had in that guestbook, so it must of just been a name change, perhaps so that we pirates wouldn;t of been able to find her?
Stoopid Twat.

Updated April 30th!
BlueButterfly
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: 2008 December 28, 14:17:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seriously cannot wait for TSR to make themselves explode into a million pieces! It's well on it's way!
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: