PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 23:51:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1070561 times)
jssimone
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2280 on: 2008 December 11, 20:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA broke my computer with their devil spyware, lied to me about being all free sharing lovey in their EULA and confused me by sending me to Pes for fixes on their offical BBS a few months ago, then deciding his site cannot be linked to. But this vile treatment of free creators is too much for me. It's disgusting. TfuckingSR? Man. And I'm so mad because I knew this was coming, I just kept hoping in my secret Santa exsists place that it wasn't true.

I decided that I wasn't buying Sims 3 awhile ago, but EA just managed to convince me that Sims 3 will be my first Arr'd game. Then I'm burning it onto a disc & running it over with my car. Twice.   Angry
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2281 on: 2008 December 11, 20:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided that I wasn't buying Sims 3 awhile ago, but EA just managed to convince me that Sims 3 will be my first Arr'd game. Then I'm burning it onto a disc & running it over with my car. Twice. 

Cheesy

That'd be the day, when people pirate games just to spite the corporation. Over their anti-piracy software. I know this is a bad situation, but there's a funny little kernel of irony in there. It's tasty.

kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: 2008 December 11, 20:58:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I think that's what people have been doing for awhile now. I just think that TS3 will make it officially de rigueur.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: 2008 December 11, 21:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA has invited movie makers to that thing, and obviously no one charges for movies. However, I don't know if they've invited any modders who are free. This is because, while some free modders might accept a real job with EA, they wouldn't accept their work being used to nickel and dime people to death.

Sims 3 will crash and burn. I'm starting to wonder if Rod Humble et al have some kind of Producers scam going, and they're actively trying to drive the franchise into the ground. The game looks like crap, and all this stuff they're doing is just making it worse.

JMZ
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: 2008 December 11, 21:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh dear God, fucking hell NO. D:

I can't believe that EA could do this... oh hang on, yes I can. They are just that fucking stupid.

Most of those damn FA's would not exist without the efforts of the free community (SimPE et al). Makes you wonder what kind of tools EA will provide to these people for modding the Sims 3... and if they do provide their own tools, then it's bound to make it more likely that they will try to outlaw any kind of SimPE type tool for Sims 3.

I would have given up playing Sims 2 a LONG time ago if there were no damn mods or fixes. Way for EA to shit on the people that actually helped to make them more money. 

God I hope Sims 3 crashes and burns.  Angry
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2285 on: 2008 December 11, 21:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of those damn FA's would not exist without the efforts of the free community (SimPE et al). Makes you wonder what kind of tools EA will provide to these people for modding the Sims 3... and if they do provide their own tools, then it's bound to make it more likely that they will try to outlaw any kind of SimPE type tool for Sims 3.

FAs should be worried about how much internet they will be provided when they go there. Without a source picture to clone and filters with which to hide it, photoskinning and plain old stealing ideas, they're screwed.  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Jonesi
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2286 on: 2008 December 11, 21:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know of one free creator who got an invite, that being Suza from Simply Styling, she told everyone on Reflex forum in a thread I can't find now  Smiley

EA actually makes me lol, just when you think they can't fuck us over any more, they do!  I have no idea how Thomass swung Atwat a ticket though, one would think EA would want creators whos stuff can actually pass for looking half decent even if it doesn't actually work properly, Atwats stuff doesn't even resemble Sims 2 objects half of the time, although thinking about EA's gaudy textures, Atwats gaudy textures...ahhh!!

ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2287 on: 2008 December 11, 21:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's hope they AT LEAST invited people like
*cut names of creators/modders

Actually, I think that's exactly why they arent' inviting them.   Because these are the people who took the game and made it something better than it was.  They are the ones who make EA look bad/lazy/etc.   Its why you don't see any of the really talented people being invited.  You (and yes I'm including you Nouk unless you were invited which would be awesome and prove me wrong) take away some of their glory.  It why they are inviting the talentless folks as TSR--they make them look good.  They won't innovate ways to make the game better, they'll be happy making crappy textures and uploading them to game (which is what I think TSR is intending for custom content).  They aren't going to show them how to put meshes in the game or custom animation--because EA doesn't want to have to support that.  

It clicked when neriana posted that movie makers have been invited.  It isn't about free vs. pay--its about EA trying to make itself look good by inviting people who won't try to think bigger than what they give them.

But still, I agree it sucks and they could have at leasted invited some crappy free artists to diffuse the pay/free issue.

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2288 on: 2008 December 11, 21:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It clicked when neriana posted that movie makers have been invited.  It isn't about free vs. pay--its about EA trying to make itself look good by inviting people who won't try to think bigger than what they give them.

Oh I agree, but what bothers me the most about this is that they either don't care about slapping the really good creators in the face, or just plain don't realise they're doing it. That's what has me facepalming, not the fact that I thought they were making any sort of stand.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: 2008 December 11, 21:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've long ago come to terms with the fact that if EA can find a way to piss off their fanbase, they will find it and use it.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: 2008 December 11, 21:42:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I agree, but what bothers me the most about this is that they either don't care about slapping the really good creators in the face, or just plain don't realise they're doing it. That's what has me facepalming, not the fact that I thought they were making any sort of stand.

Imo, they want to slap really good free creators in the face. Those really good modders are mavericks, uncontrollable, they might cause trouble. There are two ways game companies go when they release a game: they either help modders, give them a place to talk about the game, actively help them mod the game, and often even upload the mods to their official web sites. The second way is EA's way: put roadblocks in front of modders, don't give them a space on the official site even to talk, pretend to ignore what's going on. EA isn't run by gamers, it's run by suits who couldn't make it in other industries.

Edit: Because I wrote a sentence that made no sense.

Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2291 on: 2008 December 11, 21:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm. The peeps over at boolprop can be colored unimpressed. Do EA executives need to come to their houses and kill their parents in front of them before they realise something is up? No offense to the boolpropians, but gah! And I can't even answer that question without breaking the forum rules. Very frustrating.

Quote from: neriana
Imo, they want to slap really good free creators in the face. Those really good modders are mavericks, uncontrollable, they might cause trouble. There are two ways game companies go when they release a game: they either help modders, give them a place to talk about the game, actively help them mod the game, and often even upload the mods to their official web sites. The second way is EA's way: put roadblocks in front of modders, don't give them a space on the official site even to talk, pretend to ignore what's going on and . EA isn't run by gamers, it's run by suits who couldn't make it in other industries.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was exactly what was going on. At this point, the news that they routinely sacrafice babies to Satan to ensure the success of their little empire wouldn't cause me to raise an eyebrow. It's all speculation anyway, but whetever the truth, their intentions are far from pure.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2292 on: 2008 December 11, 21:55:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been arring specifically because of their damn copy protection for a while now.  But the idea of wasting a perfectly good DVD just to break it is just not something I'd bother doing.  I will be one of the people giving it a one star review over on Amazon though.  Ignoring the best folks in the community, the ones -everyone- knows the name of, is just too much, you know?

But, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on the last part until we know for sure they have.  Still doesn't change the fact they aren't getting anymore of my money -ever-, but its like I've said before - without proof, let's not accuse them of something that hasn't happened yet.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: 2008 December 11, 23:55:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think what irritates me the most is that EA is the cause of everything.  Because EA won't come out and say one way or another where they stand on the issue, Thomas and The Slimy Rats think that they have the right to take justice into their own hands and post personal information on their Semi private forum. 

Because the EULA says, non commercial, we feel we have the right to share these files.

Because EA refused to give us the proper tools for creating in Sims 2 (as they had promised they would) people like Wes, Delphy, etc. had to create tools instead. 

You know, I don't give a fuck if EA wants to come out and say, "All Paysites are bad, except for TSR.  We support TSR, they are our unofficial yet official custom content site."   If they do that, then I will never speak ill of them for charging again.  And I'll also hope that the TSR shit is removed from the booty.  I just want to know one way or the other.  Because EA says one thing, then they do another.  And to be honest? When EAxis is going out of their way to court TSR at every turn, I can almost see where Thomas and the rest of The Slimy Rats think that they have "rights." 

I hope EAxis has made something like SimPE for Sims3.  I hope they don't leave third party people to do their work for them for free, while they court TSR.  And if someone does have to come in to make the proper tools for modding the game?  I hope they demand pay from anyone who uses their tool for a paysite.  I really do. 

This is bullshit.  EAxis has the power to stop this with one statement, yet they refuse.  They give us a EULA that says "Paysites are wrong," then they ban links to this site because we follow that EULA.    I just wish there was a way to get more people to understand.  Because we won't buy Sims3, and a lot of other CC makers who've been screwed probably won't, but there will be enough people who just don't know any better who will.  The Sims appeals to folks who are not net savvy, who probably have no idea about SuckRom or any of this, and they will buy the game.  They will gratefully accept that every time they play the game, it will connect to the internet and download ads that they can look at and EA can get paid. Maybe they will find out about custom content.  They will do a search, they will find TSR, because it pops up like cancer in the search engin.  They will go there, they will pay money.  TSR will have more sheeple. 

And thus the circle of shit continues.  Way to go, EA.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: 2008 December 12, 00:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I respectfully request that Pescado and the other uber modders (and Nouk, for teh schmexay!) crash their little 'creator camp' in a fucking tank.   Smiley

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: