PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 21:52:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1070552 times)
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2175 on: 2008 December 08, 17:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe! Cala scared another one off before I got a chance to yell. Awesome!

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: 2008 December 08, 17:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macackcack (or whatever it's called) was doomed from the start. It was attempting to challenge something that has been proved and backed up with solid evidence by disproving with no evidence at all and absolutely no clue what the hell it talkin about.

It's blatantly a desperate troll from TSR or a very, very unintelligent person (who may also possibly be from TSR).

Well down Cala.  Tongue
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2177 on: 2008 December 08, 17:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

a very, very unintelligent person (who may also possibly be from TSR).

Well down Cala.  Tongue

Maybe I am stupid, but I don't think Macaque is unintelligent, necessarily.  I just think he/she has been drinking the kool-aid. 

BTW, it looks like jassims.com took down her meshes. I did not check to see if nouk's were specifically down, but it looks like an empty site.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: 2008 December 08, 17:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

or suggest that maybe it would be a good idea to flood MTS2 with a few free items, featured in pictures of lots of pay items, in order to lure people over to TSR,

I remember this clearly as it happened on the SA forum for sure.  It pissed me off and I frankly stated it was a bad idea.   Fortunately, they dropped the idea, but still-it was kind of slimy.

I must be having a brain fart because your post isn't really clear to me.  Are you saying that they dropped the idea without doing it?  Because they did in fact did go through with it for a while and believe me, it didn't go unnoticed.   Roll Eyes

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2179 on: 2008 December 08, 17:45:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

or suggest that maybe it would be a good idea to flood MTS2 with a few free items, featured in pictures of lots of pay items, in order to lure people over to TSR,

I remember this clearly as it happened on the SA forum for sure.  It pissed me off and I frankly stated it was a bad idea.   Fortunately, they dropped the idea, but still-it was kind of slimy.

I must be having a brain fart because your post isn't really clear to me.  Are you saying that they dropped the idea without doing it?  Because they did in fact did go through with it for a while and believe me, it didn't go unnoticed.   Roll Eyes

I think one or two FA's posted stuff and I remember the argument in the posted thread at MTS2.  Some people do/did post to both places without any agenda.  I was one of those.  I assumed that icedmango (the FA I am referring to here, IIRC) was another one.  This happened before or around the time of the discussion in the SA forum.  I think a couple of SA's did manage to do one or two items, but after I pretty much told them it was a bad, bad thing to do (I cannot remember my exact wording), it seemed to have died down.  They decided to not do that anymore.

macaque
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: 2008 December 08, 21:04:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* They knew that forum was being published online - so they did not care about whether it was public or not - they are confident in sheeple loyalty - more fool them. You're also making the assumption that jassims would consent to have information of hers copypasta'd all over the web.
* FA from TSR is good enough for me - and the fact that they did not delete it. Since you haven't read it, you are truly talking out of your arse.
* Did it ever occur to you that rarely is anyone truly unbiased, particularly those liable to debate it - if you think we're going to look to you as an unbiased messiah, think again TSRbot.

Out of context? How is suggesting calling a person who sells your mesh reasonable - put that harassment in any context you like. Then put it in the context of the entire post, which was in fact screenshotted, and therefore *is in context*. You can crap on about out of context when it's one line - but in the context of previous information sharing going on, with paypal information disclosure threats, and them actually publishing information unnecessarily, over and over, BlackGarden and ulkrhsn are deeply, deeply stupid.

And if you think I'm going to get into details with you about what I think about coconut, you're sadly mistaken. What I know, what I think, you are the very last person that I would discuss this with. You're clearly looking for a way to hurt them, and they have done nothing but help our cause and make fewer subscribers. Seeing as TSR outright lies, often and all the time - why exactly is it a bad thing that there is one dissenter? Answer is, it's not. 

And in fact, BlackGarden (what a surprise) has broken the terms of whois:

The compilation, repackaging, dissemination or other use of this data is expressly prohibited without prior written consent from us. The Registrar of record is Directi Internet Solutions Pvt. Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com. We reserve the right to modify these terms at any time. By submitting this query, you agree to abide by these terms.

So in context, again - she's not only breaking social mores of the sims community, but also the terms of use for whois. By disseminating that information, she has actually broke the rules of that site. But we already know she completely ignores terms and legal contracts unless they're in her interest. Bugger the actual law - BlackGarden does what she likes.
* We're not getting anywhere with this are we? If coconut decides to forward the information to the public then coconut is responsible for that.
* I see, you're not so fuzzy with the details when they get in the way of the cause. You might not care but this little detail is pretty significant for how you should interpret "TSR shares your PayPal information".
* It has and this was the reason i brought it up, why should i believe in what a clearly biased person says if there is no evidence for it?

Yeah i'm saying it's out of context even if it's the full post. Things posted in private among friends is a whole other context than the coconut blog no matter how you twist it.
In private among friends you can say things without being serious and your friends would know that.

"New Whois Discovery" , this is beyond silly and the fact i'm the one having to tell you that says a lot about the mentality here.  Roll Eyes
Someone here posted a real name found with whois (searched on thesimsresource.com) in the insim thread not so long ago, wouldn't that also be illegal?

Oh and Palemato:
Thanks for reaching out, i appreciate the gesture and i believe you're a genuinely nice person. I don't need to be rescued though.
heartless
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: 2008 December 08, 21:09:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They keep coming back!  Shocked
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: 2008 December 08, 21:18:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah i'm saying it's out of context even if it's the full post. Things posted in private among friends is a whole other context than the coconut blog no matter how you twist it.
In private among friends you can say things without being serious and your friends would know that.

You can release someone's entire name and address without being "serious"? Ookay. What's the weather like on your planet?

Also, I'm getting the impression that you think we should trust all the FAs with our information. Why would we want to do this?

I think you don't know the meaning of the word "evidence". Further, you are confusing assertion with argument. I recommend you read these lessons carefully: http://skepdic.com/refuge/ctlessons.html

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2183 on: 2008 December 08, 21:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* We're not getting anywhere with this are we? If coconut decides to forward the information to the public then coconut is responsible for that.

Nope. TSR. They kept writing long after it all came out.

* I see, you're not so fuzzy with the details when they get in the way of the cause. You might not care but this little detail is pretty significant for how you should interpret "TSR shares your PayPal information".

Sasilia shared the information on TSR, and is an FA dipshit - and since TSR isn't actually a person, but an entity, then yes, TSR. I was never fuzzy - I have all the information and you have ponied up nothing but supposition and bullshit.

* It has and this was the reason i brought it up, why should i believe in what a clearly biased person says if there is no evidence for it?

Why believe you TSRbot?

They're not among friends - they're at work among fellow employees.

"New Whois Discovery" , this is beyond silly and the fact i'm the one having to tell you that says a lot about the mentality here.  Roll Eyes

Darqstar owes me $10. It's quite obvious you will never see illegality as illegality. Your argument is fail if you refuse to acknowledge they ever did anything wrong.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2184 on: 2008 December 08, 21:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*The people on that forum knew coconut had posted parts of it before and that probably it would happen again.  Therefore, private is not private.
* "TSR shares your PayPal information"=was the information from paypal? Yes.  Sasi admitted that.  Was that information shared at TSR? Yes. We have screencaps of that.  Did TSR post paypal information? Yes.  Was it deleted when Birgit and sasi, who are/were FA's, posted it? No.  How is this inaccurate?

I don't know if the other personal information on that thread was from paypal or the membership roster.  To me, that doesn't matter.

* There is a ton of evidence.  You just don't want to see it.  You have presented no evidence to the contrary except that you say so.  That isn't good enough. 

I will admit that the phone call crack on the jassims.com thread could be interpreted as a joke.  The stuff about banning was not.  The stuff in the paypal thread was not, except for some really bad renditions of Another one bites the dust.

Someone here posted a real name found with whois (searched on thesimsresource.com) in the insim thread not so long ago, wouldn't that also be illegal?

why is it silly? Because BG got caught doing something wrong and you don't like it?

Linky please.

Oh and Palemato:
Thanks for reaching out, i appreciate the gesture and i believe you're a genuinely nice person. I don't need to be rescued though.

Thomas would probably disagree with you.  I am only a complete bitch on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  You caught me on an off day. 

The offer will ever remain open. 

ETA: Damn it.  Ninja'd by Cala.

Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: 2008 December 08, 21:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

a very, very unintelligent person (who may also possibly be from TSR).

Well down Cala.  Tongue

Maybe I am stupid, but I don't think Macaque is unintelligent, necessarily.  I just think he/she has been drinking the kool-aid. 
Maybe not unintelligent in general, but on this particular subject? Most definitely. No, scratch that. Delusional is a much better word. And I'm also seeing a bit of flip-flopping.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2186 on: 2008 December 08, 21:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If one of the owners of the site is sharing information, than by default, the site is sharing the information.

I don't care if two 'friends' are saying nasty things about me in private where I can't see/hear it, they are still saying nasty things - ergo, doing something illegally like sharing someone's personal information is still illegal if done in 'private.

You're logic is faulty, since if in the privacy of my home, I download a copy of a movie, video game or music without buying it, it is still ILLEGAL.

But, at least you argue in a coherent fashion, even if you are completely illogical in your points - and you have staying power.  Looks like our trolls are going up in quality.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: 2008 December 08, 21:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fucking read my post, dumbass. Other than pointing out that a name can be incredibly individual, I also stated that you can never fully trust those in your employ to keep crap under wraps. This is glaringly obvious in this case, as either Coconut or Coconut's source (depending on her position) has leaked the info. Duh. Not private. Nothing on the internet is private.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
macaque
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: 2008 December 08, 22:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can release someone's entire name and address without being "serious"? Ookay. What's the weather like on your planet?

Also, I'm getting the impression that you think we should trust all the FAs with our information. Why would we want to do this?

I think you don't know the meaning of the word "evidence". Further, you are confusing assertion with argument. I recommend you read these lessons carefully: http://skepdic.com/refuge/ctlessons.html
I wasn't referring to the name sharing and i'm not saying it was right to share those names.
macaque
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: 2008 December 08, 22:47:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. TSR. They kept writing long after it all came out.
We clearly have different opinions on who's responsible for sharing the information. Agree to disagree?

Sasilia shared the information on TSR, and is an FA dipshit - and since TSR isn't actually a person, but an entity, then yes, TSR. I was never fuzzy - I have all the information and you have ponied up nothing but supposition and bullshit.
See when i read "TSR is sharing your PayPal information" i thought you meant they were sharing their own members information, obtained from their own paypal account.
Is that just me then? Anyway, that was what i objected to. If you don't mean that then i will drop this, i will even let you set the final score Smiley

They're not among friends - they're at work among fellow employees.
Call it whatever you want, my point still stands.

Darqstar owes me $10. It's quite obvious you will never see illegality as illegality. Your argument is fail if you refuse to acknowledge they ever did anything wrong.
So you're seriously calling that a crime now? Go ahead Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: