PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 00:33:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1070564 times)
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2115 on: 2008 December 07, 18:05:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The original threat ie email, was made by habitat 43.  Which at that point wasn't a TSR threat.  Birgit then turned up in the TSR secret forum giving the information to Thomas, it made it onto the TSR wall of shame list, which then made it a TSR problem.

ETA The fact is that you don't have to be a member of TSR to have your information shared by TSR.
So does this translate to "TSR is sharing your PayPal infomration" to you?
I'm sorry but to me this is a classic hen out of a feather.

This whole thread does:

http://tsrcoconut.wordpress.com/tsr-shares-your-paypal-details/

I am sorry, but I am not sure I am understanding what your actual issue here is.  Do you not believe TSR shares personal information gained from both it's database and it's paypal files, or do you not think it is that big a deal because this information sharing was done on the FA forums or what? I don't get what the point for you is exactly. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
macaque
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: 2008 December 07, 18:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry - but in the -real world- there is no justification for doing that either.  Do you know why?  Because in the real world, there is something called identity -theft-  Not to mention credit card fraud, stalking, kidnapping, etc.

And if you'd ever had someone use -your- credit card, or -your- identity, you wouldn't say something so fucking stupid.

Yup, its sunday.
Identity theft, based on a name? How unique is a name?
And you think the TSR FA's would attempt such a thing?  Roll Eyes
macaque
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: 2008 December 07, 18:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also in the real world, I get to choose who has access to my home address, my phone number, my full name.  The people I work with may know my full name, but they don't know my phone number or where I live.  They certainly don't get the chance to advertise it no people who would use it to harass me.  The ones who DO have access to that information can not give that info out due to privacy concerns. 

It should work the exact same way with the information I give to sign up for forums. 
I completely agree.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2118 on: 2008 December 07, 18:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, potentially is the FA forum - they vet FAs for creation abilities, not (quite obviously) moral character.  So the FA forum doesn't really vet who gets to see the information, nor their motivations for seeing it - otherwise coconut's screenshots wouldn't exist, now would they? Hardly more secure than Sharkbait.

And from your IP it would be relatively easy to find your address for absolutely free, and from there a reverse directory search for a couple of dollars.  Totally available - and I'm sure you'd love it.  Why not just publish your own IP - it's right there next to "report to moderator" - just cut and paste if you don't have a problem with information available from various sites passed around.  Wink
The difference is that when you post in a private forum the intention is not to make the information available to the public.
Sharkbait is accessible to everyone who registers here. You honestly don't see the difference?

They *know* the private forum is being shared - they know it.  That's why they had to put a disclaimer on the front page with their lolphotoshopped excuse with extra lies.  That was before the writing of that post - so that should be a heads up that it is not in fact, private.  Don't you see the clear indicator there - they know there's screenshots, and they still go on posting - relying only on coconut's moral fibre which blurs them - they didn't bother to censor themselves at all.  So not so private. Hell, I'm not even registered at TSR, and I've read it.

BlackGarden has proved herself to be disgusting, and now everyone knows it.  

Identity theft, based on a name? How unique is a name?
And you think the TSR FA's would attempt such a thing?  Roll Eyes

They already break rules, laws and social mores - all for money. Why wouldn't they be pre-disposed to crime?

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
macaque
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: 2008 December 07, 18:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Putting a stupid winky thing at the end of your post doesn't negate your nasty attitude, you know. 

And you did not address the real points of any of our posts.  All you did was catch me on a technicality of oversimplification.  What difference in the real world? TSR is not the fucking real world.  It is far more insular than this place. What do you need that information for?   What the heck are you even talking about?
Hey look now, me being nasty?
At the end of the day i'm doing you a favour by pointing out that you're wrong, giving you a chance to learn.
The opposite of that, not telling you when i know you're wrong, is that friendlier?
You're still wrong if you think you just over-simplify.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2120 on: 2008 December 07, 18:24:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the end of the day i'm doing you a favour by pointing out that you're wrong, giving you a chance to learn.

Well you've got a lot of places to be - Garden Of Shadows, Reflexsims, SimsCave, and let's not forget the whole of Livejournal, starting with Simsecret:

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2121 on: 2008 December 07, 18:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They *know* the private forum is being shared - they know it.  That's why they had to put a disclaimer on the front page with their lolphotoshopped excuse with extra lies.  That was before the writing of that post - so that should be a heads up that it is not in fact, private.  Don't you see the clear indicator there - they know there's screenshots, and they still go on posting -

BlackGarden has proved herself to be disgusting, and now everyone knows it. 

^This.  Considering your oh so special private forum is not private and you all know it, why keep doing this?  It is morally reprehensible.   It was reprehensible the first time.  It is even worse now.  No one had shared personal information in that thread, until Blackgarden did it.  I don't care if it was easy to get.  I think she has been hanging out with Atwa too much and it shows.  They are both ethically bankrupt.  Thomas is the perfect leader for that kind of person. 

TSRittes all complain about how we are the evil villains and Pescado is a bad person.  Funny how we seem to have the moral high ground more often than not. 

I still want to know what exactly are you defending here.  The actual sharing of easy to get information or the fact that it was posted on the FA forum or what?

ETA:

Putting a stupid winky thing at the end of your post doesn't negate your nasty attitude, you know. 

And you did not address the real points of any of our posts.  All you did was catch me on a technicality of oversimplification.  What difference in the real world? TSR is not the fucking real world.  It is far more insular than this place. What do you need that information for?   What the heck are you even talking about?
Hey look now, me being nasty?
The opposite of that, not telling you when i know you're wrong, is that friendlier?
You're still wrong if you think you just over-simplify.

Yes, you were being nasty.  I was not.  So there.  Tongue  <---I put a smilie so that should make it all better.

Oversimplifying and being completely wrong are two different things.  Did I over simplyfy? Absolutely.  Can you directly get someone's information just by plugging in an IP addy? Nope.  Better, now?

ETA Part 2
  I take it back. You are right. You can start with an IP and if you are smart enough and you bother to do some detective work, you can find someone.  I don't think Blackgarden is smart enough for that. 
« Last Edit: 2008 December 07, 18:40:26 by Palemato » Logged

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: 2008 December 07, 18:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

macaque, pull your head out of your ass and wipe the shit out of your eyes. What they are doing is wrong, plain and simple. You are a moron if you can't figure that out without resorting to a seeing eye dog and Sherlock Holmes to explain it to you.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2123 on: 2008 December 07, 18:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, you're here to do us favours now? I don't know about anyone else, but do me a favour and leave. People here have been very eloquent, patient and intelligent in their responses to your poorly-worded, condescending, nitpicky asshattery. I have no idea why, since you clearly just skim their posts to quote the bits that allow you to stir up more shit.

As far as I'm concernd you're a troll, and not a very creative one at that. I'm going to stop feeding the monkey now. Get your bananas a TSR please. They'll love you there.

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2124 on: 2008 December 07, 18:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

macaque, pull your head out of your ass and wipe the shit out of your eyes. What they are doing is wrong, plain and simple. You are a moron if you can't figure that out without resorting to a seeing eye dog and Sherlock Holmes to explain it to you.

Am I the dog or the fictional character?

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: 2008 December 07, 18:53:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You get to be the fictional character. We'll rent Bobo the Wonder Mutt for the seeing eye dog.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2126 on: 2008 December 07, 19:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would rather be Miss Marple.

Okay, so who the fuck are you, Macaque, to be coming in -here- and telling the adults we're wrong?

Go home to your little emo room and whine about how unjust the world is and how mean the big bad pirates are.

Its not hard to steal either money or use someone's credit card number.  Someone tried to charge ungodly amounts on mine at i-tunes and I had to get a new card.

People get their identity stolen every day.

So, to spell it out, because grumpy fox is grumpy - get the fuck out of here and go crawling back to TSR whatever hole you crawled out of.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: 2008 December 07, 19:34:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macaque sounds awfully like that one troll that was riling up the sheeples on the lj sims community.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2128 on: 2008 December 07, 19:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macaque sounds awfully like that one troll that was riling up the sheeples on the lj sims community.

I think s/he sounds like a pissed off FA. 

missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: 2008 December 07, 20:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think s/he sounds like a pissed off FA. 

I'm referring to this:  http://community.livejournal.com/thesims2/5912551.html?thread=47773671#t47773671

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: