PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 19:35:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1072002 times)
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #2055 on: 2008 December 05, 16:15:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You would think after all that blew up they would have learned. They are like those children that have that disease where they feel no pain. And just continue putting their hand on the stove.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
RedSeawench
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: 2008 December 05, 16:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just when I thought they could'nt get more vile they do.Do these people have no moral fiber at all??
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2057 on: 2008 December 05, 16:30:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR just doesn't learn

TSR is still sharing personal information - despite losing customers last time, brain trust and friends haven't learnt.  This time though, they think we won't care because it's jassims - the one that was selling meshes of Nouks as her own. Because we all know that the appropriate punishment is to have her identity stolen and her life ruined.  Roll Eyes

Hey dipshits, because we know you read this - you are officially the worst human beings in the world - you are the lowest of the low.  Regardless of what jassims did, they don't deserve to have their personal information shared by you with all your crazy bitch FAs.  Congratulations TSR - you are officially scum of the earth.

That information is pretty public though amirite?  I mean you have to pay for that kind of privacy I thought, last I heard it wasn't too expensive.  Don't get me wrong I think it's in poor taste to draw attention to this information since there are probably plenty of people who don't know just how easy it is to find.  However, I don't think it's not quiet as awful as making private information that you have been entrusted either through paypal or site registration public.  Just my $.02, please don't hit me with empty rum bottles (there may still be a few drops of rum left in them after all). 

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2058 on: 2008 December 05, 16:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That information is pretty public though amirite?  I mean you have to pay for that kind of privacy I thought, last I heard it wasn't too expensive.  Don't get me wrong I think it's in poor taste to draw attention to this information since there are probably plenty of people who don't know just how easy it is to find.  However, I don't think it's not quiet as awful as making private information that you have been entrusted either through paypal or site registration public.  Just my $.02, please don't hit me with empty rum bottles (there may still be a few drops of rum left in them after all). 

Yes it is public - but we don't publish that sort of thing here - because people could be compromised.  The only reason they chose this as the first person to post is because they think our reaction will be *meh - thieves deserve it* - they just want us to compromise to their level.  And later they can say "oh but you pirates didn't care when we shared blah blah's name" - and justify sharing private information.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: 2008 December 05, 16:54:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes it is public - but we don't publish that sort of thing here - because people could be compromised.  The only reason they chose this as the first person to post is because they think our reaction will be *meh - thieves deserve it* - they just want us to compromise to their level.  And later they can say "oh but you pirates didn't care when we shared blah blah's name" - and justify sharing private information.

I agree with Calalily on this. Granted if you know a person's real name you could be underhanded like TSR and display it for all the world to see. I'm just worried about Black Dwarf. I don't trust TSR to be honest as far as I can throw them.

And at least the Pirates have morals. We won't sink to the level of subprimordial ooze.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: 2008 December 05, 16:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not everyone looks up names and address for people who wrong them.  From what I read ulkrhsn thought the only way to deal with this was to moan at Thomas.  After BG posted all jassims details her thoughts then went to abusive phonecalls.  Wonder how many people in that forum thought they may defend their fellow FA's honour by doing exactly the same.
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2061 on: 2008 December 05, 18:16:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Again I am not justifying what they did, I think it's wrong, but I think it's on a different level than what happened weeks ago.  People here have brought up where Atwa lives (neighborhood - someone was saying they live right around her) or where Thomas lives (country) just as recently as this hacking scandal and I even remember seeing their full names once upon a time.  I never see anyone going out of their way to stop others from announcing that sort of thing because both have already made much of this information public - even if someone like me wouldn't have known how or have taken the time to find it on my own. I'm just saying I think it's a bit different drawing people's attention to something that is already public, and sharing something that was meant to be kept private (site registration & paypal info).

That's seems more like assumption, unless you know something I don't thanks to coconut... I don't see that as the reason for sharing her information.  I can't imagine anyone at TSR thinking that deeply about it.  I honestly think that it just shows how little they think of the concern for others and the consequences of their actions.  It also show that they are freaking retarded to post, even jokingly, about calling someone at home and threatening them, when they are aware of the fact that coconut is watching and the storm from the previous ordeal just died down. 
« Last Edit: 2008 December 05, 18:22:26 by Sherry » Logged

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: 2008 December 05, 18:22:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not everyone looks up names and address for people who wrong them.  From what I read ulkrhsn thought the only way to deal with this was to moan at Thomas.  After BG posted all jassims details her thoughts then went to abusive phonecalls.  Wonder how many people in that forum thought they may defend their fellow FA's honour by doing exactly the same.
And that's just the sort of thing that comes from posting someone's private info publicly (and sorry, FA forums are public as you can't control where the info goes). How much easier is it for someone to cross the line and bother someone in meatspace after the information was handed to them on a platter in virtualspace?

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2063 on: 2008 December 05, 18:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Again I am not justifying what they did, I think it's wrong, but I think it's on a different level than what happened weeks ago. 

This is their way of dipping their toe into the waters. So they choose someone they perceive we won't give a shit about. 

People here have brought up where Atwa lives (neighborhood - someone was saying they live right around her) or where Thomas lives (country) just as recently as this hacking scandal and I even remember seeing their full names once upon a time. 

Thomass' name is available in full on his website - that's not even vaguely sensitive information.  Also, Atwat published her own address on her mini site - so also not sensitive.  Once upon a time is not now, and not in the last year.

I never see anyone going out of their way to stop others from announcing that sort of thing because both have already made much of this information public.

It's been in the FAQ all this time.

Current Forum Policies

While some personal information about people - including full names, addresses, and phone numbers - might be available on various sites such as whois, please do not post them here. We do not wish to be held accountable for someone's harrassing behavior.

That's seems more like assumption, unless you know something I don't thanks to coconut

Yep - that they're still sharing information - they've just finally moved back to their forum instead of private chats.

And that's just the sort of thing that comes from posting someone's private info publicly (and sorry, FA forums are public as you can't control where the info goes). How much easier is it for someone to cross the line and bother someone in meatspace after the information was handed to them on a platter in virtualspace?

Not to mention she'd already been banned from TSR in the post above - so that information is entirely unnecessary for publication at TSR.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2064 on: 2008 December 05, 19:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is their way of dipping their toe into the waters. So they choose someone they perceive we won't give a shit about. 

I still don't buy that they've thought that much about it.  Infact, I'm more convinced they think very little about this sort of thing, which is why they seem to do it so frequently.   

It's been in the FAQ all this time.

Current Forum Policies

While some personal information about people - including full names, addresses, and phone numbers - might be available on various sites such as whois, please do not post them here. We do not wish to be held accountable for someone's harrassing behavior.

Right, and I am not advocating anyone do so here, or even that it should have been done at TSR (to be clear I don't think that it should have).  However, I still my opinion was that there is a distinction between the two incidents of sharing others information.   I feel the first was more egregious, not because this other person stealing free creators work, but because they made their information readily available in the first place to anyone who has a mind to find it (hence leaving themselves open to consequences that could have easily been avoided).  Whereas there was no way any of the other members information could have gotten into other FA's hands without Thomas breaching privacy of those members, plus his own and paypal's TOU.   I guess what I was trying to convey, is how unshocked I was that they would do this sort of thing because they have already done, what I consider much worse to others. 

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2065 on: 2008 December 05, 20:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since they must have known this would come out through coconut as they put this on their 'secret' forum instead of the chat, I agree they were testing us.  They wanted to see how we would react to someone we have already lambasted.  In fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Thomas PM'd ulkrhsn and asked her to start that thread.  He likes to manipulate people into doing things like that so he can look like it didn't come from him. 

In related news, Atwa's wordpress blog has been changed to log in only. 

http://c4sims.wordpress.com/

I have a screenshot of the main page prior to this, as I have been backing up coconut's blog when he/she updates (you never know, right?).  You can see it in my insane journal. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: 2008 December 05, 20:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see this as a form of bullying, you know - research someone's details, publish them where your little "gang" can see them, and then start making threats.
Make you feel better Ulk and BG? To know you are total assholes?
It could also be a stunt, designed to flush out coconut since they know coco will not keep quiet about this, but we all know Coconut covers their tracks very well. It isn't going to work. TSR is full of FAIL.

Scum of the Earth indeed.

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: 2008 December 05, 21:21:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ulkhrsn was being a whiny ten year old. She's a thief, and another thief decided to use some stuff she modded as a basis for her own thievery. Cry me a river, you don't own it in the first place.

Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2068 on: 2008 December 06, 01:09:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't even know why there is a discussion about this. It's wrong, it's childish and it's dangerous. I facepalmed so hard it made my eyes water. Even if they are testing us, that proves how little respect they have for personal information. Dangling someone's info as bait in this little inter-community war is beneath contempt.

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: 2008 December 06, 03:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't even know why there is a discussion about this. It's wrong, it's childish and it's dangerous. I facepalmed so hard it made my eyes water. Even if they are testing us, that proves how little respect they have for personal information. Dangling someone's info as bait in this little inter-community war is beneath contempt.

In Sherry's defense, Thomass and Atwat's name have come up on this website. I think she is merely trying to point out that with them sharing Jassims information, it's still wrong, but not on the level as it was before.

Like if you put information sharing on a scale of 1 to 10, and make 1 not harmful and make 10 very detrimental, the previous issues with TSR would be a 10, whereas this might be like a 5.

It's still wrong, but I can see where she is coming from, so we are having this discussion to explore different point of views.  Smiley

I am still just amazed that TSR haven't received any sort of punishment for what they have done. But I would be interested in knowing how many subscribers they lost after the incident.  Smiley

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: