PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 08:56:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1071914 times)
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #1860 on: 2008 November 23, 00:43:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I still felt like you felt Raveena had been terribly wronged in some way and honestly, I think she was just the victim of business and the giant wheel of karma.
Like I said, karma finds a way to get you. lol

Absolutely true.  She was pretty horrible to people and as one person she took ideas from, I don't feel all that sorry for her.  But Thomas's response was just so cold, I couldn't believe my eyes.  Despite how she treated any nonFA's, she was a very loyal TSRian.

I don't know anything about her except from what I have read here and in those shots, but I felt like his treatment of her was quite a bit harsh. If TSR was a full-time job, with a full-time salary, you could expect that kind of situation to occur... an employee would be fired. But this is TSR, and they have money coming out every crevice on their bodies. If someone needed time to be away for personal reasons, I can't imagine why they'd not warn you if you'd exceeded your allotted time away. Oh but what am I saying... this is TSR, I shouldn't have high expectations. lol

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: 2008 November 23, 01:19:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent point and why it always catches me off guard, I don't know.  It is like every time someone lies to me, I am always surprised.  Thomas's behavior and treatment of people should no longer make my jaw drop, but it always does.  It is nice to know he treats everyone with the same level of assness, though. 

I remember taking a basic business course and the first thing our professor told us was that business ethics was an oxymoron.  Way back when I was innocent about all of this, I would have been shocked at the levels Thoma$ has sunk to, but not since seeing that second house.   That man is making a damned fine living at this whole pixel dollhouse game, and I'll bet he'd fuck over his grandmother if it would garentee that TSR would survive and he'd never have to worry about a paycut.   I put nothing past him at all.   He gets rid of SA's if they don't produce enough, I mean,  he's not paying them anything, what purpose does it serve to kick them out?  Well, the purpose it serves is to tell them to get back on the fucking stick and make some fucking pixels.  If he can prove to them as an SA that they need to put those pretty pixels above everything else in the world, then he's got a good candidate for FA, someone who will produce, produce, produce and never let anything get in the way.    No one is sacred to Thoma$ when it comes to saving his wallet. 

I don't know anything about her except from what I have read here and in those shots, but I felt like his treatment of her was quite a bit harsh. If TSR was a full-time job, with a full-time salary, you could expect that kind of situation to occur... an employee would be fired. But this is TSR, and they have money coming out every crevice on their bodies. If someone needed time to be away for personal reasons, I can't imagine why they'd not warn you if you'd exceeded your allotted time away. Oh but what am I saying... this is TSR, I shouldn't have high expectations. lol

Even part time jobs will fire you if you don't produce.   If TSR was a non-paying site, I'd be shocked too, because in that case, it's a hobby, and kicking someone off of a site for having a sick cat and other family problems over a hobby is cold.  But again, TSR is all about the money.  I'm sure in Thoma$'s mind, he's being horribly generous allowing her access to the forums.   You can't expect anything decent from TSR, because it ain't a hobby to them.  That's another reason why paysites hurt the community.  EULA aside, it ruins the spirit of the whole community, because here is a site that can't even show compassion to someone with a sick cat or a dying parent or a brain tumor.   

Money can make some people absolute assholes and T$R is living proof.  Even if T$R was worth billions of dollars, Thoma$ would still have gotten rid of Raveena, because no amount of money will ever be enough for him. 

Besides, he's such a tricky ass bastard, that part of him probably hopes that Raveena will get off the stick and start producing like crazy, in order to "earn" her FA-ship back.   No matter what, he wins!  If she doesn't produce, well, she wasn't anyway, why let her keep the fancy title and the pay.  If she starts producing twice as much, then she's learned her lesson, and the other FA's will see that nope, it's not a hobby, it's a business.   

Pixel dolls is srs bsn  at least at T$R

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Souvenirs
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: 2008 November 23, 04:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the problem with mixing hobbies and business.  Though Thomass treats his FAs like employees (which they are), they aren't businesspeople who understand how running a business works.  Most of them still see creating CC as a hobby, even if they make a few bucks off of it.  When he starts treating people like any company owner would, everyone gets all upset, because creating CC for TS2 is just a hobby for a game. 

To run a successful business, you need a lot of "little people" to support the "big people."  If the little people don't take it seriously, or don't like the way it's being run, it will eventually come crumbling down.  I think that's what we're seeing here--a lot of people are fed up with Thomass' asshattery and are leaving.  A TS2 fansite isn't worth the drama.
Piratey
ARR!

Zombie Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: 2008 November 23, 12:28:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I just ask what happened to Part 7 of coconut's paypal exposé?
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1864 on: 2008 November 23, 13:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR is a bussiness and I'm not surprised Raveena is getting the boot for not producing. It's Thomas' last reply that makes me sick. My father runs a pretty big company, he's got dozens of people working under him and from time to time, someone needs to go. The way you fire someone caught stealing company supplies is different from the way you fire someone who's gone blind and needs that pink slip, but the last thing you do is tell them they should've paid better attention to the hints, too bad, so sad, but do come visit the cafetaria when you're around. Fine, bussiness is tough, but it doesn't need to be heartless. I've learned a thing or two about management from my dad and what Thomas is doing is immensely stupid (no surprise there). You simply can't be a decent manager if you let your ego get the bette of you.

dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: 2008 November 23, 14:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry about Raveena's personal problems, but the woman has been a prima donna since way back.    I'd bet that she was a thorn in Thomas' side since the day he arrived, and that he couldn't wait for a reason to get rid of her. Still, that doesn't excuse his nastiness. Angry

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Feverish
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: 2008 November 23, 14:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For example, my school is really strict when it comes to alcohol and parties. If an official or staff member finds a picture of you even holding a Solo cup (for those who don't know, its one of those brightly colored plastic cups usually used at parties) you get in a huge amount of trouble.

From what else are you suppose to drink if you want lemonade or tea? Are there special cups you all must use? That's a weird rule.

"Second thing: if you come out of the disabled toilet to find someone waiting on you, scream, "it's a miracle!" and dance the hell out of there."
   ~Paden
crunk
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: 2008 November 23, 15:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For example, my school is really strict when it comes to alcohol and parties. If an official or staff member finds a picture of you even holding a Solo cup (for those who don't know, its one of those brightly colored plastic cups usually used at parties) you get in a huge amount of trouble.

From what else are you suppose to drink if you want lemonade or tea? Are there special cups you all must use? That's a weird rule.

Solo cups are synonymous with keg parties/beer pong/drinking games at US colleges and even at the highschool level. It actually makes sense, as I haven't seen those cups used for anything else since I was a 12.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: 2008 November 23, 16:54:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I still lived at home, anything not made of plastic(meaning glass) got dropped because for some stupid damn reason I couldn't keep hold of a regular glass. So, my dad put the remaining ones away and started to buy Solo cups. Cheesy I'm a klutz! We never ran out of clean glasses, though. It's only since I moved out on my own that I actually own and use real glasses made of glass. But they've not gotten much use lately because for the last seven months I've been drinking bottled water right out of the bottle. It's better around a computer and keyboard, too. Grace; there's a reason they didn't give that to me for a name...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1869 on: 2008 November 23, 16:55:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PETA murders kittens and puppies given to them, with the lie of finding them homes.  PETA is nothing but a bunch of fucking hypocrites.

And agreed - if an animal dies to make me dinner, I want to know all of it is being used - leather, bone, etc.

And I am so glad that this stuff is coming out - the more that everyone knows of how TSR treats people, the better.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1870 on: 2008 November 23, 17:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR is a bussiness and I'm not surprised Raveena is getting the boot for not producing.

I personally think that was more of an excuse, or not entirely the whole reason.  Look at how long windkeeper has gone without an update?  Health problems aside - TSR is far from a charity - Raveena hasn't produced anything worth downloading since TS1.  Until Coconuts post I kinda forgot she even made anything for TS2. 

He probably held onto her for awhile to see if she could produce like she had in her TS1 days, and she didn't, and held onto her mostly because he was afraid of how it would look to the other FAs if he let her go, her being so loyal and all (knowing full well she'd use her personal problems for a sympathy chip) I think he was just looking for a good excuse to kick her to the curb, and her lack of updates gave him one. Warning her might just give her incentive to produce, and I don't think that was what old "tim" wanted. 

Then again I could be wrong, but I have learned to never take anything Thomas says at face value.  TSR pretends to be this wonderfully happy place, but honestly it's all about the money.  As cold as Thomas sounds in his last I think it's pretty clear he's trying to avoid looking like a complete douche by telling her the truth: Raveena, you've stopped making me money, and now you are only taking so buh-bye!

PETA blows, I say that as a vegetarian.  There is a difference about being passionate for something you stand for and being a complete extremist, trying to "guilt" people or pressure them into behaving the way you want them to.  At the end of the day people are going to do what they want to do.       

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: 2008 November 23, 21:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Snip-->
TSR is a business, and Thoma$ acts like the typical businessman.  
In light of all the things Thoma$ has done in the name of T$R, firing Raveena seems relatively minor.  At least he had a legitimate reason for it in the world of business. If I stop producing at my job, I'll be out on my ass ASAP.  It doesn't matter that I used to produce, or that I was one of the highest producers for the last six months, all that matters is now, baby, and if I'm not producing now, I'm out the door.

Nothing Thomass is doing is legal. Business is legal, but not his business. I don't know if the FAs do get salary, or just bonuses from time to time. The swedish law is very strict according taxes. I wonder if he
pay taxes from his income on TSR at all. If he is hiding behind an older company i saw he was registred in, he will be in troubble, big troubble.

http://www.oddjob.se/index.php (click on referanser = referances). I am sorry, i could not find a way to translate the site into english,
but they're working with codes and databases (html/css/mysql/and all the other shit i don't have a clue about).

The payment for a membership on TSR  is going to AB Jan Isacsson, that is the name on one guy working in that swedish company. The money is not going to Thomas bankaccount, which is very fishy. I have reasons to believe the only ones who are able to stop Thomass is The Swedish Tax Agency.  Lips sealed

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Pirate tARRt
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: 2008 November 23, 21:55:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oddjob.se%2Findex.php&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&sl=sv&tl=en

Google translator. <3

Alltho I don't really see what would be fishy about the money going to someone who I believe is Thomas's brother, instead of to the a$$ himself. What difference would that make? (Hents, I'm sort of clueless about this stuff, so if anyone is up for explaining it, I'm happy to learn)

Rawr!
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: 2008 November 23, 22:25:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR is a bussiness and I'm not surprised Raveena is getting the boot for not producing. It's Thomas' last reply that makes me sick. My father runs a pretty big company, he's got dozens of people working under him and from time to time, someone needs to go. The way you fire someone caught stealing company supplies is different from the way you fire someone who's gone blind and needs that pink slip, but the last thing you do is tell them they should've paid better attention to the hints, too bad, so sad, but do come visit the cafetaria when you're around. Fine, bussiness is tough, but it doesn't need to be heartless. I've learned a thing or two about management from my dad and what Thomas is doing is immensely stupid (no surprise there). You simply can't be a decent manager if you let your ego get the bette of you.

See, your dad is the difference between higher and lower management.  My father was in higher management too, and honestly, his employees were treated decently.  I know that how Thomas fired Raveena would be a shock to him.

I, on the other hand, have worked low paying, entry level, grunt jobs a good part of my life and I look at that as a mild firing. I was fired from one job for having the balls to be seriously ill during the busiest time of the year.  Oh, sure, no one could say I was fired for that, but when I was allowed to go back to work, my "job" went from running a department, to being at the bottom end of another department, working with hot, smelly, melting material.  And, I was deliberately put in a room with no ventilation to work with this stuff.  The person who did that job the day before was in a well vented room, and the girl who was doing it 20 minutes after I got "fired" for "slowing up the line" was switched to a better vented room.  I was deleberately set up to fail and damned, if I didn't do it.  Then again, I'm lucky I don't have brain damage from the chemicals they used. 

That's one of the worse examples, but I've seen as bad done to others and had close to that done to me other times too.   Thoma$ is typical of every lower level management guy/gal I've ever met.  Won't give you a clue if you're doing bad, just marks it down in his magical ledger and then one day just sits you down and tells you, "You've been screwing up since day one, here's the door." 

Let's be honest, Raveena's stuff wasn't that good.  There were a lot of SA's that were a lot better than she was.  Maybe at the beginning, she was good, but as folks improved, she stayed stagnant.  Maybe her vision was a factor, but I'm sure there were more than a few people who questioned why she was allowed to stay an FA. 

I downloaded some of her stuff way back when, and I took it out of my game, because the textures were blurry and the work in general was just poorly done.  I was a paying subscriber back then, and I honestly thought this was the biggest rip off I'd seen.  I was expected to pay for sub-par work?  Back then though, I didn't know FA's were paid.  Had I known, I would have complained.  Why should she make money for stuff that I had to waste time taking out of my game because it was so terrible?  We complain all the time that what makes pay sites even worse, is that they allow poor quality to go unchecked.  Well, whatever the reason, Raveena is no longer being paid to produce middle to low quality recolors and folks are no longer expected to pay for her middle to low quality recolors.  And, I'm willing to bet that her shit stirring and her low quality stuff is what got her "fired." 

As I said earlier though, it really isn't a great loss to the community.  And it shouldn't be a blow to Raveena either.  If the place doesn't like her, then she doesn't have to stick around.  If she's made friends, I'm sure they'll keep in touch.  Thomas can't take away her so-called talent, she's welcome to go to another site and try or to open her own.  And if it's just that she's loosing the money? Well, she can get a job and earn money that way.  Or, open up her own site, ask for donations, and hope that folks will either love her work enough, or feel sorry enough for her that they will donate above and beyond the cost of the website.  Heck, she could wind up making more money that way than she was getting at T$R. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: 2008 November 23, 22:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oddjob.se%2Findex.php&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&sl=sv&tl=en

Google translator. <3

Alltho I don't really see what would be fishy about the money going to someone who I believe is Thomas's brother, instead of to the a$$ himself. What difference would that make? (Hents, I'm sort of clueless about this stuff, so if anyone is up for explaining it, I'm happy to learn)

Thanks for the google translator.

As i see it, the company will inform the taxoffice that they're making money on making websites. And they pay lesser tax. Of course it's an open question how legal Thomass business is. He can lie, or he might pay taxes for getting paid of his brother for making websites. But what he do not inform about, is that he is earning a lot of money on one of these websites, like TSR. Isn't this a bit fishy?? TSR is only one among other websites they're using as a referance to show how good they are making solutions for people. They did inform for many years ago that they are principal owner of The Sims Resource and development is ongoing. But everything Thomass is doing is stinky and fishy. I am ready to do anything to destroy them, TSR. Every possible way must be tried out.

The real income is not from what they advertise about, but from making content for Sims 2 (from what i have seen checking internet). Then they're lying about their business, and i believe this is illegal. But i will ask a friend who's lawyer.

« Last Edit: 2008 November 23, 23:10:33 by Amazone » Logged

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: