PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 00:25:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1073113 times)
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #1845 on: 2008 November 22, 22:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh and hey, Coconut update!

I almost missed this as I was scrolling through the other discussion and not reading it.  I am glad I didn't.  I am confused.  Who is Ria?  Since they all insist on using people's real names on there, it is hard to keep up with who is whom. 

I loved Thomas's response to Raveena's post.  Too bad, so sad, I told you a YEAR ago that you should get going.  I had heard Thomas has wanted to get rid of some of the old guard (and Raveena in particular) for years.  Looks like a sick cat was a good opportunity for him to do so. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
iamawake
ARR!

Stamps rule!, I mean, suck!

View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: 2008 November 22, 22:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sherry: I obviously don't mean that. It's something I say to those ladies when I want to piss them off.

Clutzy: a few years ago a pacifist organization from my country lobbied to change the lyrics of the national anthem that reflected bellic scenes and replace them with incentives to culture and mentions to our literary history. Needless to say, the final song wasn't nearly as catchy.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 22, 22:36:44 by iamawake » Logged

Closeted stamp lover.
de Pommes
ARR!

Mostly a lurker.

View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: 2008 November 22, 22:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I for one have nothing against vegetarians (was one myself for four years; not a moral vegetarian, just one that randomly started hating the taste of meat and stopped being able to digest it normally), vegans, animal rights activists or the like. But the problem I have with PETA is the same that I have with green consumerist organizations: They're pointing their fingers at the wrong folks. As in, your average person and not the major corporations that produce that shit. Well, the vast majority of it.

*ahem*

But yeah, while I find it hard to feel terrible for most FAs or once FAs who want to be FAs again... I definitely cringed when it turned out that Raveena had no idea that it was even coming. Apparently almost getting fired a year ago was her only warning? And THEN making a public announcement to her peers without prior notification? NOT a good move, and is likely to bring down the morale. That's just running a, um, "business" badly.

Because there's no good nickname for "dispossessive."

(livejournalCOLOURLovers)
iamawake
ARR!

Stamps rule!, I mean, suck!

View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: 2008 November 22, 22:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I for one have nothing against vegetarians (was one myself for four years; not a moral vegetarian, just one that randomly started hating the taste of meat and stopped being able to digest it normally), vegans, animal rights activists or the like. But the problem I have with PETA is the same that I have with green consumerist organizations: They're pointing their fingers at the wrong folks. As in, your average person and not the major corporations that produce that shit. Well, the vast majority of it.

Agreed. I happen to agree with some of the principles of PETA and I'm all for ethical treatment of animals, but I believe that hunting foxes for fashion fur coats or for sport does not equal eating a steak.

Closeted stamp lover.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: 2008 November 22, 22:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Calalily
You have the funds, but you just want free - but you'll be damned if I get the same privileges.

I guess life in Thomass' pixelated ivory tower makes people think they're better than most. 

Quote from: Palemato
I loved Thomas's response to Raveena's post.

Seriously. All the compassion of a semi-porous rock, that one -  "Hey, if they're not contributing to my bank account, fuck-em."

Raveena is at N99 now, right? I wonder if she still has a soft spot for the site that shafted her. -  Tongue
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: 2008 November 22, 23:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Raveena is at N99 now, right? I wonder if she still has a soft spot for the site that shafted her. -  Tongue

Oh she is? That is amusing..her and Arenaria were both FAs who had been with TSR since the beginning, got demoted for not making enough kaching, and both join N99 and start uploading there regularly for free.

I almost missed this as I was scrolling through the other discussion and not reading it.  I am glad I didn't.  I am confused.  Who is Ria?  Since they all insist on using people's real names on there, it is hard to keep up with who is whom. 

Ria is Arenaria, I believe Smiley

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: 2008 November 22, 23:19:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My problem with Peta is that they out and out lie about  a lot of things.   Plus, they have resorted to some of the nastiest games ever.  Handing out "comic books" to kids that basically tell them that their parents are murderers?   Also, they tell the kiddies that it's okay to have pets, but their ulitmate goal is to not allow anyone to own any animal at all.  (As if anyone could own a cat!  I am merely their slave.)  

If their cause was true and just, they would not have to resort to such tactics.  

I have nothing against vegetarians, it's a personal choice, but if I have to respect their choice, they better respect mine.  And I ADORE meat.  My idea of the basic food groups is Pork, Poultry,  Fish, and Beef.  

As for Raveena, I feel sorry that she had a sick cat and other problems.  However, I really don't care if she "comes over" to our side or not.  She pulled some mean stuff at TSR, including stealing work from other, non FA artists.  Also, she had an annoying habit of never talking to anyone who wasn't an FA, unless it was to say something biting or to point out a "mistake."

Just because she got screwed over by Thoma$, doesn't erase the games she pulled over there.  I hope her cat gets better, but I also hope she now realizes that sometimes karma does come back to bite you on the ass.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: 2008 November 22, 23:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Karma has a way of finding you, that's for sure. No matter what kind of stunts she pulled, it was utterly super of Thomas to hit her with the retirement stick. Talk about a friendly, logical, intelligent man.

Hey, reverse psychology works on some. Maybe he'll keep it up and drive them all out.

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1853 on: 2008 November 22, 23:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for Raveena, I feel sorry that she had a sick cat and other problems.  However, I really don't care if she "comes over" to our side or not.  She pulled some mean stuff at TSR, including stealing work from other, non FA artists.  Also, she had an annoying habit of never talking to anyone who wasn't an FA, unless it was to say something biting or to point out a "mistake."

Just because she got screwed over by Thoma$, doesn't erase the games she pulled over there.  I hope her cat gets better, but I also hope she now realizes that sometimes karma does come back to bite you on the ass.

Absolutely true.  She was pretty horrible to people and as one person she took ideas from, I don't feel all that sorry for her.  But Thomas's response was just so cold, I couldn't believe my eyes.  Despite how she treated any nonFA's, she was a very loyal TSRian.  Notice how one month later, all the computer problems started. 

I also loved Waverly's response. Seemed a bit on the panicked side, didn't it?

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: 2008 November 22, 23:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[derail]
I tend to follow the old way of viewing animals. If you're going to eat them, use their hide and such in constructive ways like clothing andother things. Don't waste anything because everything can be used. If you're vegan, fine and dandy. I eat vegetable and grains, too, but prefer meat. That's just the way I am and I'm not going to change. I'm not going to ask you to change for me, so don't ask me to change for you. That's just how I am. Not gonna get in your face about how you feel/believe, so please do the same for me.

That is the exact speech that I gave a PETA member that was giving me shit one time when I walked out of a steakhouse. She then tried to invade my personal space and get nose to nose with me. She had to have help getting her ass off of the sidewalk. I stayed respectful until she made the first move. She started it, I finished it. I would fight for your beliefs, too, though, if someone was getting all up in your nose about the matter.

As for furry wild animals? I think their fur looks better on them. But deer are fair game because they are an animal used for food and I do use the hide to make moccasins and other items. Cheesy I could survive off the land if I had to.

[/end derail]

And Thomass is a right royal bastard. The woman is partially blind and cannot mesh so therefore is totally useless to him. What a heartless son of a bitch. I hope she demands that her items be set free and raises hell enough that it happens. Hey, Twat Master! Grow a heart, it may do you some good! Then again, this late in your life and this far down the Road of Rottenness it's most likely too goddamn late for you. May you rot in Hell, prick. And I hope those that are misguided to work for you see the truth and leave you on your cheating ass, with nothing but the hot air that you spew for company.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: 2008 November 22, 23:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Karma has a way of finding you, that's for sure. No matter what kind of stunts she pulled, t was utterly super of Thomas to hit her with the retirement stick. Talk about a friendly, logical, intelligent man.

I never said Thomas was "right" for stripping her of her FA status.  However, hasn't it been proven time and time again that Thoma$ is in this for the money?  And of course, if someone isn't producing, he's going to get rid of them and replace them with one who will.

TSR is a business, and Thoma$ acts like the typical businessman.   Raveena had a job, Raveena got fired for being non-productive.  That's life.  If Raveena thought she was somehow special, and above being fired, then she was living in a land of illusions.   Thoma$ is greedy, Thoma$ likes having two houses and lots of money, easily earned by farting around with a website and basically cyber babysitting tempermental FA's and smacking around SA's who get too uppity.  Thoma$ doesn't give a crap about anything but his wallet.

In truth, what did he really take from her but money?  He didn't take her "talent" away from her.  Heck, if she doesn't want to leave TSR, she still has her minipage, and still has access to the forums.  All she's lost is the title and the money.  And if she's mad at TSR, she can go anywhere she likes, she can open her own site.  Hell, if I'm wrong and she is super megatalented and I just don't "see" it, she can start her own site, ask for donations, and probably still make a few bucks!  

In light of all the things Thoma$ has done in the name of T$R, firing Raveena seems relatively minor.  At least he had a legitimate reason for it in the world of business. If I stop producing at my job, I'll be out on my ass ASAP.  It doesn't matter that I used to produce, or that I was one of the highest producers for the last six months, all that matters is now, baby, and if I'm not producing now, I'm out the door.

minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: 2008 November 22, 23:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never said Thomas was "right" for stripping her of her FA status.  However, hasn't it been proven time and time again that Thoma$ is in this for the money?
I wasn't arguing with you at all. I was using sarcasm, hence the bit of small text at the bottom. Sorry. Will note next time when I'm using sarcasm. Grin

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: 2008 November 23, 00:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't arguing with you at all. I was using sarcasm, hence the bit of small text at the bottom. Sorry. Will note next time when I'm using sarcasm. Grin

Well, to be honest, I don't bother with small text.  My eyes suck and I'm not going to play the game of cut and paste.  I figure it's people's right to write in tiny print, and it's my right to not read it.   I did see it when I quoted you, but by that point, I had the response out.

I knew the sarcasm on the whole, Thoma$ thing, I'm not that stupid.  But I still felt like you felt Raveena had been terribly wronged in some way and honestly, I think she was just the victim of business and the giant wheel of karma. 

Absolutely true.  She was pretty horrible to people and as one person she took ideas from, I don't feel all that sorry for her.  But Thomas's response was just so cold, I couldn't believe my eyes.  Despite how she treated any nonFA's, she was a very loyal TSRian.

I'm not surprised at all.  Remember, this is the man who didn't care if someone had a close relative on death's door, or if they had a brain tumor, or they were robbed.   He's a man who doesn't do anything for anyone, unless he feels he can get something in return, as you well know.  He's a shark.   Raveena must have suspected he was a shark too, because she was known for being a total bitch to any SA who looked like they were climbing up the ladder.  Why would she have done that, unless she was worried that she could be replaced? 

I also loved Waverly's response. Seemed a bit on the panicked side, didn't it?

Oh yeah.   I really loved Coconut's comment.  "And waverly worries about Waverly!"   Maybe this is cold of me, but I think it's a riot that some of these people are so dependent on the money they make from this, that they're going into a panic over the idea that they might get fired.  Poor things, they might actually have to get a real job.

Beth
ARR!

Random writing.

View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: 2008 November 23, 00:27:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is it I don't remember this stuff??
Fair enough her cat being ill is horrible, but now that you've pointed out past stuff my sympathy just went through the window.
I really need to have more of a beady eye, or attention, now I've made myself look like an ass, so I ask keirra the macro queen, macro me :p

Updated April 30th!
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1859 on: 2008 November 23, 00:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Absolutely true.  She was pretty horrible to people and as one person she took ideas from, I don't feel all that sorry for her.  But Thomas's response was just so cold, I couldn't believe my eyes.  Despite how she treated any nonFA's, she was a very loyal TSRian.

I'm not surprised at all.  Remember, this is the man who didn't care if someone had a close relative on death's door, or if they had a brain tumor, or they were robbed.   He's a man who doesn't do anything for anyone, unless he feels he can get something in return, as you well know.  He's a shark.   Raveena must have suspected he was a shark too, because she was known for being a total bitch to any SA who looked like they were climbing up the ladder.  Why would she have done that, unless she was worried that she could be replaced? 

Excellent point and why it always catches me off guard, I don't know.  It is like every time someone lies to me, I am always surprised.  Thomas's behavior and treatment of people should no longer make my jaw drop, but it always does.  It is nice to know he treats everyone with the same level of assness, though. 

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: