PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 20:57:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1073047 times)
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #1770 on: 2008 November 16, 20:42:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well there was one incident when the cat was already at our home. He tried to throw a bike on the cat because he was angry about something not even related to the cat. My father, who is 59 years old, not very tall and never hurt a flie, stormed out and put him in a headlock, throwing him around like he weighed half a pound, cussing him out. Not really hurting him, but making sure he got the message. He didn't dare to do anything to my father, he was scared shitless!
The man has been in a mental institution for some time now, he has issues. Obviously throwing bikes on cats is not normal healthy behaviour. We already thought he might have hurt the cat and took it from him and my sister, we felt guilty. But right there was the proof he would abuse the animal when he was frustrated.

Oh Jesus Christ, yeah, he was abusing the cat.  Throwing a bicycle at a cat?  What an ass.

Your father, on the other hand, is entirely made of awesome win.  Anyone who will give a bully a taste of their own medicine is tops in my book. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
simsartgallery
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: 2008 November 16, 21:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The incident happened about a year ago. Since then he has been institutionalized, put on meds, and the agression and disturbed thinking has been put to a halt. During that time my sister has broken up, got back together, broken up, etc etc. She does whatever she wants, she feels she can handle him, and she is definately no cookie. Ofcourse my parents don't agree with the relationship, but shes 32 and an adult. On meds, the guys seems to be able to handle himself. You need to keep in mind though that the moment he starts taking the meds wrongly or stops, he will flip out again.

Nouk,

The next time she gets a pet with this guy around and he begins to abuse the animal, intentionally or not. CALL THE ANIMAL SHELTER IMMEDIATELY!!!! They will send out the Animal Control Officer. When that happens, the man is in big doo doo. The police come to back the ACO up and help him get the animal out of harms way. The officers then arrest the abuser and if your sister is around, she'll be arrested as well for not coming to the aid of the animal. By the time the shelter is finished leveling charges, they will never own another animal again, they will have probably done some jail time and they will have paid a fortune in fines. The animal shelter has more pull with judges. 95% of the cases are won by the shelters. A judge refuses to rile the ASPCA. I tell you this because my husband IS an ACO. He's extremely fair but abuse is abuse. One gentlemen that had abused a dog wanted to leave the area and travel all the way to New York to escape prosecution. We laughed. When an arrest warrant is made, they'll follow it all the way to any state you choose to escape and you will be extradited back to the originating state. Not only is the man not allowed to own another animal in his lifetime, paid fees, did a bit of jail time he was also made to go to counseling for anger management! As well as the girlfriend.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: 2008 November 17, 01:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Problem is, we're in Holland, they don't do jack shit if you are cruel to an animal. You can kill your neigbors dog and get a slight fine for 'damaged goods'. That's why we took the cat ourselves. In the most extreme case, they'll take the cat away, you get a fine, and that's it.

Inactive
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: 2008 November 17, 01:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Georgia they are extremely strict. My husband got probation for our cats running away. They would always run outside when we opened the door, I suppose since they weren't allowed to go outside, and they ran off one day when my mom opened the door and I didn't notice until later that night. Our daughter had just been born and I was kind of busy.  They didn't come back to our house for some reason, they went up the street to a neighbor and she called animal control. When we called everywhere trying to find them, they put two and two together and assumed we threw them out instead of then running away. Even after they gave us the cats back, after we paid to adopt them again, they charged my husband with animal cruelty and he was on probation for a year.

It was ridiculous. We had so much trouble over it, we tried to tell them he wasn't even home, but they didn't listen. The lady up the street told them she saw him hitting and throwing the cats out. She was angry we called the police when her teenage daughter kept going in our mailbox and stealing cards we were getting for our daughter. Luckily, we moved, but it was a hassle to get his probation transferred to another state.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1774 on: 2008 November 17, 02:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay neighbors!  The thing I am frightened about most moving into an actual house is that my neighbors will be total douches.  When it's in an apartment you can just figure you or they might be moving soon, but when you own a property.  Ack! 

Your neighbor stole your mail?!  Isn't that a federal offense or something?  I would have been tempted to mail myself a package with dog crap in it!  That would have been a nice surprise for them.   Cheesy

We pretty much let our cats outside for the most part.  They knew how to come back, and as they aged they were pretty much contented with sitting on the porch in a patch of sun.  We were in a apartment without a yard this year though, she tried running out several times.  It was always a battle when we opened the door to block the escape attempts. 

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Beth
ARR!

Random writing.

View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: 2008 November 17, 12:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Urgh don't talk to me about neighbours!
I live in an apartment (a flat in these parts) and the girl below me is 7 months pregnant.
Before she was, she used to play music until stoopid o clock, and we didnt used to say anything, but now that we play music until 11ish she bangs the floor, even though the music isnt that loud.
We also had our window smashed the other day in the kitchen, and my better half only messaged the girl on facebook asking if she'd seen or heard anything, but she's taken it cmpletely the wrong way and saying he's accusing her of doing it >.<
Not only that, but troublemakers in the area have told her me and my partner are telling everyone we think it's her that did it which is ridiculous, and stressful, as she's blaming me for putting her in hospital from stress, and now I feel so bad, which I shouldn;t as none of it is true :[
I know, completely off topic, but for some reason, even though I lurm more than I type, the scariness of Paden and Keirra kinda makes me feel somewhat wanting to write that as I might get some help, lol
I'm weird ;]

Updated April 30th!
Polina
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: 2008 November 17, 16:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WOW!
Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1777 on: 2008 November 17, 16:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*hides from Polina's Av*

Go have a talk with the girl, hun. Explain the situation and if she can't accept that it wasn't a pointing finger you guys were giving, then forget about it. Some people you can't reason with.

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: 2008 November 17, 17:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Especially not when preg hormones likely are ruling a lot of what she's feeling... Let her know that the people she listens to are just trying to get her wound up because they enjoy the emotional firestorm she gets into. It isn't good for her or the baby, so really, she needs to chill and relax. But if you want to piss her off real good, take a bowling ball and drop it on the floor around, oh, two in the morning and watch how fast she screams about the roof caving in. Cheesy

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: 2008 November 17, 18:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But playing music until 11 o'clock at night in an apartment building really isn't cool. This pregnant girl is learning that, now that she needs more sleep than she used to. Just because she did it though, that doesn't make it okay.

Ry
ARR!

Paden's Baked Tater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1780 on: 2008 November 17, 19:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as it's low, I wouldn't mind the music. I always have music playing, luckily, though, I don't live in an apartment building.
Maybe invest in headphones?  Cheesy

I'm enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.
~Einstein
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: 2008 November 17, 19:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But playing music until 11 o'clock at night in an apartment building really isn't cool. This pregnant girl is learning that, now that she needs more sleep than she used to. Just because she did it though, that doesn't make it okay.
It isn't cool, and as the resident Quiet Police, I'd get really pissed off. However, passive-aggressive ceiling pounding is not the way you deal with this. You go up to someone directly and say that it's too loud. Ask them to turn it down. If they  give you trouble and it's a repeating problem, report it to the landlord. If it's something you can just barely hear, realize that you are living in a shared building and part of that involves dealing with people.

I usually let everything go by as I realize that I'm not exactly silent myself. Exceptions being the one time my neighbor's teen daughter had about 20 friends in the hallway singing and the time a month ago when a brand new resident didn't realize that practicing his guitar while synthed wasn't acceptable. We get a lot of people in my building who for some reason don't understand that while they are a 19-year-old college student who mommy & daddy bankrolled into an apartment, half of the building consists of elders, and the remainder is very late-twenty-early-thirty-working-professional. They are the slime we wash off our boots.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: 2008 November 17, 21:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When we first moved into this apartment we had the neighbor from Hell. This woman was the biggest bitch I've ever met. She used to play her t.v. so loud that we couldn't hear ours without blaring it. We knocked on her door several times to politely ask her to turn it down. One time, she didn't even open the door, just yelled though the door back at me.

I called the Manager one day because she was blaring her music and refused to turn it down. The manager called her, told her to turn it down...and the bitch turned it up! Eventually, she turned it down, but, that bitch was just asking for an ass-kicking.

One night, when the music was really loud, I took my cutting board and a hammer and just kept pounding on the wall. She turned off the music and we had a shouting match through the wall. I so wanted to beat her ass.

Thankfully, she went away for Christmas and never came back.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1783 on: 2008 November 17, 21:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thankfully, she went away for Christmas and never came back.

Maybe one of your neighbors offed her? Did you notice a weird smell coming from her apartment?  Tongue

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: 2008 November 17, 21:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We have awful upstairs neighbors, but for the opposite reason. One of them is an "insomniac", so she gets upset if we close our closet doors after 10 pm. They're sliding mirror doors, so it's not like we can slam them. We're hardly ever home (both roomie and I go to school full time and work nearly full time) and when we are, we're studying or sleeping- both pretty noiseless activities since neither roomie or I are loud people. They still try to find any reason they can to ask us to quiet down...yet we don't say a thing when they have a group of friends over late on a Monday night, making insane amounts of noise.

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: