PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 00:46:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1073981 times)
Sinthe
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #1740 on: 2008 November 11, 18:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm unlurking to share my identity theft story. Our local high school had its student db hacked a couple years ago & someone stole all my daughter's personal information. This person used her name to open utilities (gas, water, heat, ect. in 5 different cities), cell phone accounts (4), credit cards(10), bank accounts (which had $5000 + in post dated checks) ect. Since she was a minor, no one was monitoring her credit report & she definitely wasn't opening credit cards, so there was no clue this was going on. It all blew up when she tried to get a college loan.

I will say that Visa/Mastercard/Discover have been very helpful in clearing up the accounts opened in her name. It's the collection agencies for all the utilities/bank accounts that have made life hell. I've been fighting with them for almost 8 months with no resolution and my daughter's credit rating is about as bad as it can get. The people that did the hacking didn't just run up credit card debts, they really did take on the identities of the people whose personal information they were able to steal. It's been a living nightmare for my daughter.

So on that note, I hope TSR goes straight down for sharing personal information. It's a very selfish, very childish, very dangerous way to get "revenge".

I've also heard of dishonest parents stealing their children's identities to do the same thing.  Angry I'm saying you are one, but anyone who would do that to their own child....

I hope TSR rots for what they have done.

Heh, my aunt did that to her daughter.

There was some dingbat over on LJ trying to make it seem like this info-sharing thing isn't a big deal, and that TSR isn't in the wrong. Apparently, this person has never heard of identity theft.

ILU, Coconut!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: 2008 November 11, 19:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was some dingbat over on LJ trying to make it seem like this info-sharing thing isn't a big deal, and that TSR isn't in the wrong. Apparently, this person has never heard of identity theft.
A dingbat using a sheep as their icon. The irony was incredibly thick, just like them.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: 2008 November 11, 19:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are plenty of people in the world who are trustworthy. But alcoholic speed-addicted violent sociopaths are kind of, um, obviously not.

Some of us can't help it!  Undecided It's what my mother and I like to call the "Stray Dog" syndrome. They come wagging their tails, and who pets them? We do. Who feeds them? We do. Who cleans up when they barf on the Chinese rug? We do! We just can't help ourselves. It's sad, truly.

Now stray dogs, you can help. Stray cats, too. They will pay you back a thousandfold for your love and attention. Trying to "help" certain people, though, is just pissing into the wind. Alcoholics and drug addicts will only change when they want to, and nothing anyone else can do will make a dent. People with serious personality disorders, like sociopaths or narcissists, will not change, they will simply use you and when you have nothing left to give, they will throw you away and move on to the next victim.

There are lots of ways to truly help people, like Habitat for Humanity, Peace Corps, many others. But people who waste their energy, talent and love on trying to "help" people who cannot and will not be helped drive me nutty. As the child of an alcoholic, I have rather a lot of experience with this kind of thing.

mustluvcatz
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: 2008 November 11, 21:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

neriana- What you posted is so true. I get called heartless because I feel the same way, but it's actually BECAUSE I care that there are certain people that I refuse to help anymore. (I still try to point them in the right direction, but that's as involved as I get now.) It was taking too much out of me to try and these certain people weren't changing at all.
So, I'm heartless. That's okay. I can live with that- considering the fact that I know better and so do the people in my life who's opinions really count.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1744 on: 2008 November 12, 00:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a hard time to this day making female friends, much less trusting them - part of it is that its hard to find women with similar interests to mine - and part is so many of the people who've backstabbed me were women - men have backstabbed me as well, but the ratios are better, because I've always had more male friends.

But, I'm silly enough to keep trying - because I know not all women are psycho-hosebeasts.  Its still hard to find women who are huge gaming/RP geeks. Smiley

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: 2008 November 12, 00:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That it is. None of my female friends are gamers, and only one of my male friends would loosely fit that category.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1746 on: 2008 November 12, 00:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But, I'm silly enough to keep trying - because I know not all women are psycho-hosebeasts.  Its still hard to find women who are huge gaming/RP geeks. Smiley

I know exactly how you feel!

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: 2008 November 12, 01:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its still hard to find women who are huge gaming/RP geeks. Smiley

Well, I'm one Cheesy. Lots of women on the internets are, really.

I don't have any friends who share all my interests, including my boyfriend. I have different friends for different things.

I think a lot of women retain mistrust of other women because of terrible middle school experiences. I know I did for a while, and I've talked to and read about tons of other women who have as well. But then I remembered: okay, about 4 or 5 of my female "friends" tormented me. At least an equal number of boys joined them with glee, it's just that the boys were never my friends. And in high school, a boy who had been a friend turned on me with a viciousness and speed rarely seen outside of soap operas, and harassed me for four years. So, ya know, lots of people are psycho hosebeasts, and the proportion seems to be equal among men and women.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1748 on: 2008 November 12, 01:54:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, its just that out of male friends, none ever actually turned on me, and I lost them from drifting apart - while out of my female friends several have completely turned on me, one actually kicking me and my family out of a house we were paying the mortgage on, paying all the bills on - with two cats, a dog and a hamster to find emergency dwellings for.

Thankfully my mom took in the cats and dog for a few weeks while we found a new place.

But I do know there are psycho guys out there - just never was really -friends- with them - dating doesn't count... >.>

www.thestormradio.com
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: 2008 November 12, 01:57:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its still hard to find women who are huge gaming/RP geeks. Smiley

You seem to get along with the members of this phorum pretty well and I don't think there is a shortage here of women that are into gaming and/or are geeks.   Wink

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1750 on: 2008 November 12, 02:00:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is true too - since getting active in computer game communities and MMOs, I'm making plenty of female friends....now to figure out how to hit a game store with you folks.....and now to relisten to Sweeney Todd and do some work on my sweater.....

*grin*

www.thestormradio.com
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: 2008 November 12, 02:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is true too - since getting active in computer game communities and MMOs, I'm making plenty of female friends....now to figure out how to hit a game store with you folks.....and now to relisten to Sweeney Todd and do some work on my sweater.....

*grin*

Sweeney Todd! You Rock! I was lucky enough to see the original Broadway cast in 1980 with Angela Lansbury and Len Cariou. They were fantastic! The movie was good, but what I miss was all the extras singing and joining in the banter. And they really pulled the punch on the end of the movie. The stage show has a much better ending.  Smiley Which version are you listening to?

And yes, I know many female gamers that play Table top games (D&D and all sorts of other RPing games), video games and online RP's.

Sorry derailed the thread....

But seriously, I wish we could do something about TSR and the whole sharing thing. *sighs* I will go back to lurking....

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: 2008 November 12, 02:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*rolls d-20 to see if saying anything about gaming is a good idea and winds up with a botch roll, then wisely decides to stfu this time* Cheesy

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1753 on: 2008 November 12, 17:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The movie - family wanted to watch it, and asked me to come be social - so I knit and just listen.

I must say the various voices meshed really well for it.

www.thestormradio.com
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: 2008 November 14, 21:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now stray dogs, you can help. Stray cats, too. They will pay you back a thousandfold for your love and attention.

I wish that were always true, but like people, there are some cats and dogs that cannot be helped.  I do some volunteer work at the cat shelter in my area, and we've got 3 cats who will most likely live out the rest of their days in a cage, getting what they need to survive, but never what they need to live. 

It's not that we don't want to love them, all the volunteers want to love them, but they have just been ruined by their past lives.  We've tried fostering them, letting them hang in the outdoor area most of the time, leaving them alone, making sure they have a lot of company, you name it, we've tried it.   These are cats that have just become too nasty and mean.  Even worse, we have to keep them off and out of sight, least some unsuspecting child decide to open the door to pet kitty, and have kitty try to fillet the flesh off their face.   They don't get along with other cats either, so we can't even let them come out when we're open, like we do most of the cats. 

One of them was a cat rescued from the house of a guy who was mentally "challenged" and a sociopath.  I hesitate to think of what he must have done to that poor cat, but no one can go near the animal.  Apparently his mother (no whiz kid herself, apparently) thought that giving a guy who had been in trouble many times before for cruelty to animals and children, a cat would "help" him.   I don't know if it "helped" him or not, I suspect that it gave the guy something to beat on when he couldn't find a handy neighborhood kid to torment.   For the female volunteers to feed him and clean his cage is hard enough, but our male volunteers just can't get anywhere near him, he'll completely flip out. 

The other two are strays that were kicked around and abused too much by the human race and just can't trust anyone anymore.   

I think it's even sadder when a cat or dog gets to the point where they just can't be helped, because 99.999% of the time, it was our fellow human beings who fucked up the poor creature.   We do get some cats in who have been abused by other animals, but in most cases, we can work with them and they do get better.  It seems like only human have the ability to totally ruin an animal's life by cruelty. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: