PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 06:17:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1074085 times)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #1725 on: 2008 November 11, 01:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate telemarketers, I am so rude to them, and sometimes I feel guilty for it because I know it's their job. But surely the idiots upstairs in their offices know that it's a waste of TIME! There are no results!

I did a short stint in my teen years as a telemarketer.  There are results.

I don't object too much to Australian telemarketers, as when you say "I'm not interested" they hang up. Indian telemarketers don't.  Coolington and I have taken to torturing them with stupid replies such as "But you said free - seventeen dollars isn't free!!!1!!" - and Coolington had one about a week ago - he agreed to everything and when asked for a name, said No.  The guy then spent two minutes calling him names like "You are arsehole motherfucker. I fuck your mother. Lick my arse"  Cheesy  Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
jilly
ARR!

dumber than EVAR

View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: 2008 November 11, 01:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got fake robo-call credit scams this summer, they called me all the time, in the middle of the night, in the afternoon, etc. It was such a pain in the ass, I had to file a report to the Washington Attorney General. Lips sealed
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1727 on: 2008 November 11, 01:48:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly a deck. Apparently, there were massive quantities of wood involved.

That's interesting, home depot (in florida) was exactly where someone rang up $2000 on my mother.  I noticed they usually don't even make you sign there, so maybe that has something to do with it.  You'd think at some point ($13,000) someone would start to pay attention.  Heck when we purchased my PC years ago, someone from our Visa account called us to ask if we made the purchase because of the amount.

I'm unlurking to share my identity theft story. Our local high school had its student db hacked a couple years ago & someone stole all my daughter's personal information. This person used her name to open utilities (gas, water, heat, ect. in 5 different cities), cell phone accounts (4), credit cards(10), bank accounts (which had $5000 + in post dated checks) ect. Since she was a minor, no one was monitoring her credit report & she definitely wasn't opening credit cards, so there was no clue this was going on. It all blew up when she tried to get a college loan.

That is terrible!  I would definitely urge parents to also check your childrens credit report as well, for the reasons you've mentioned.  Unfortunately, as someone else brought up it's usually the parents themselves who get their children into this mess.  Sad! However if it's someone else best to take care of the problem as soon as possible.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: 2008 November 11, 01:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My mother used to get magazines in my name when I was a small child. I don't know why she didn't get them in her name, maybe she got some sort of joy out of a 5 year old getting Home and Garden?

My best friends mother is still stealing from her and she is 24 years old! She has ruined her credit by getting credit cards in her name, cleaning out her bank account making her overdraft and such. Her mother doesn't see anything wrong with it since she always pays her back, or puts the money in her account before she notices its gone. She won't prosecute though, she is just having to hide her checkbooks and account info from her. Sad really.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: 2008 November 11, 02:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is truly sad. If you can't trust your parents....who can you trust?

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: 2008 November 11, 03:36:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Cala, results? really? So my fevered hope of the barrage of calls ending, is just a pipe dream?
*writes up "Telemarkerters Gone Forever" on the ever increasing Pipe Dream list*

I can't imagine a mother using their child like that, it's crazy. I wouldn't allow it. But then again, close people also use you. There are so many people using their friends in horrible ways. I was stuck with a $1300 phone bill because a so called friend stole my L's drivers licence (haha, I never went past my learners! Driving is horrible for me! no sense of direction) And opened a phone account, and called her family. boyfriends, dating services, whatever the hell, and I got stuck with the bill. I couldn't prove I didn't use the phone as well, and therefore I had to pay it. I don't hate her for it, she's a sociopath with an alcohol problem who held up a service station to buy speed. Just bad news, it saddened me even more that I tried to help her, and got used instead. And it took me a long time to trust girlfriends again. For the longest time, I was just hanging out with guys because girls had been so horrible to me. And I am still wary  Cheesy

Edited: Got the drug terms mixed up  Tongue

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: 2008 November 11, 04:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And it took me a long time to trust girlfriends again. For the longest time, I was just hanging out with guys because girls had been so horrible to me.
You are really picking the wrong people.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Astonished lemons
Banned!

OHAI

View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: 2008 November 11, 05:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, seeing how people can use other people so horribly is just sickening and wrong. Parents should be protecting their children! You know, the whole 'Nurture, teach, and turn into a trustworthy adult' thing. And friends are friends because theyre supposed to be the people you trust the most.

Cry
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: 2008 November 11, 08:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't hate her for it, she's a sociopath with an alcohol problem who held up a service station to buy speed. Just bad news, it saddened me even more that I tried to help her, and got used instead.

Stay at least 50 yards away from sociopaths at all times. You can't "help" them. You also can't "help" alcoholics, or people addicted to drugs, or people who hold up gas stations. Judging all women by the actions of this totally crazy chick is sort of like judging all men by, I dunno, Toma$$.

There are plenty of people in the world who are trustworthy. But alcoholic speed-addicted violent sociopaths are kind of, um, obviously not.

dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: 2008 November 11, 09:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are plenty of people in the world who are trustworthy. But alcoholic speed-addicted violent sociopaths are kind of, um, obviously not.

Some of us can't help it!  Undecided It's what my mother and I like to call the "Stray Dog" syndrome. They come wagging their tails, and who pets them? We do. Who feeds them? We do. Who cleans up when they barf on the Chinese rug? We do! We just can't help ourselves. It's sad, truly.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: 2008 November 11, 09:15:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I understand all that. But I was young and really stupid back then. I have a lot of girlfriends now, but it did take some time before I could trust anyone, really. I didn't mean for it to sound slightly sexist Wink
« Last Edit: 2008 November 11, 11:38:58 by deelink » Logged

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
jssimone
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: 2008 November 11, 14:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I appreciate the kind words. I'm a longtime lurker & this TSR info sharing situation is one that I'm following very closely.

start rant/
I can't tell you how many jerk collection people insinuated that I was the one that opened the cell phone/gas/ect. in my daughters name. At least 2 agencies wouldn't accept the police reports (I filed one per incident, as did 3 of the other parents who are in the same position as we are) & called me a liar directly. My daughter can't even think about getting a job yet because we'll end up in court every week fighting to keep her check from being garnished. I can't even put into words what a living nightmare it's been on my entire family.

Parents who willingly do that to their own children should be put in jail for a very long time. The US has set up a system that allows those with good credit ratings to be eligable to buy just about anything (even if they can't afford it) and those with bad credit ratings might as well give up any hopes for 7-10 years. To knowingly set up your own children to fail economically is an unforgivable sin in my eyes.
/end rant

Thanks for reading Smiley

Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: 2008 November 11, 15:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always have a sort of admiration for people who can keep that kind of job. I would be fired in ten minutes. You can't give me a list of phone numbers and expect me to say the same thing each time. If I had that job, everytime I called I would change the name of the product and just be an overall douchebag Grin

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1738 on: 2008 November 11, 15:26:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always have a sort of admiration for people who can keep that kind of job. I would be fired in ten minutes. You can't give me a list of phone numbers and expect me to say the same thing each time. If I had that job, everytime I called I would change the name of the product and just be an overall douchebag Grin

It's relatively easy to do that bit - the thing that gets to you is the resounding dial tone.  Your ears ring after work for about 2 hours. Plus you get plenty of scope to play up if you're a female telemarketer - an unbelievably large amount of men flirt with you and ask you out. Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: 2008 November 11, 18:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's relatively easy to do that bit - the thing that gets to you is the resounding dial tone.  Your ears ring after work for about 2 hours. Plus you get plenty of scope to play up if you're a female telemarketer - an unbelievably large amount of men flirt with you and ask you out. Cheesy

I should think about changing careers then Wink

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: