PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 11:15:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1074167 times)
Zillah
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #1665 on: 2008 November 03, 18:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The irony of all of this is the incredible amount of effort they put into being secretive and evasive, and into all the idiotic attempts to attack pirates and/or anyone they assume is a pirate. They tie themselves up in knots and jump through hoops, when, if they wanted to stop us, the solution is so simple and easy. Just go legit. Stop being illegal money-grubbing pimps and whores and we'll stop bothering you. If they put even a quarter of the time and effort they expend being dipshits into being decent, upstanding members of the community, they'd have no worries and all that free time to learn how to create decent stuff. I never understand people like that.

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: 2008 November 03, 22:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The irony of all of this is the incredible amount of effort they put into being secretive and evasive, and into all the idiotic attempts to attack pirates and/or anyone they assume is a pirate. They tie themselves up in knots and jump through hoops, when, if they wanted to stop us, the solution is so simple and easy. Just go legit. Stop being illegal money-grubbing pimps and whores and we'll stop bothering you. If they put even a quarter of the time and effort they expend being dipshits into being decent, upstanding members of the community, they'd have no worries and all that free time to learn how to create decent stuff. I never understand people like that.

That is never going to happen.  I used to believe that it could happen, but after seeing Thomas's second home, I know better.  The man makes a living from TSR, and from the looks of it, a damned fine living at that.  He's not going to go down without fighting to the bitter end.  Otherwise, he'll have to get a real job. 

The artists are probably not a problem.  If TSR went all free, most of them would either toss a hissy fit and flounce off, or else they'd stay for the glory and try to tell us it was their idea all along.  Yes, the artists are making money, but I don't think anyone is making a living at it.  The ones that are heavily suplimenting their income with it, might rush to start their own paid site, but for the most part, I think they'd fall into line pretty fast.

But Thomas and anyone else who makes a living from it?  They will never ever see the light.   If EA came out tomorrow and said, "You're right, this is illegal and cut it out!" Thomas would try to find a way around it.  If he couldn't, he'd bitch bitterly for the rest of his life about how it was all our fault, that everything was just peachy until the nasty bitches at the pirate forum had to ruin everything.

When you threaten to take away an easy life from someone, they usually don't go quietly.  And I can't imagine an easier job than Thomas's.   

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Amy Lee
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: 2008 November 04, 00:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Making a living from a game? i thought it was just a game.Shit is real serious.And for God's sake how childish to share people's info!! just becuz you dont know how to stop them! just go and threat them! real sharp idiots!
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: 2008 November 04, 02:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amy, your keyboard has two shift keys, and the rest of the letters that belong in "because." Please use them.  Smiley

This makes no sense. So they are going to password protect their forums, awesome idea. Literally, but, if the FA forum is password protected wouldn't they need to give all the FA's the password? And if Coconut is a FA wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose? It doesn't make any sense. Why not just, I don't know, stop sharing people's information? Maybe that would help them out big time.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: 2008 November 04, 02:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This we know: either Coconut is an FA, or she has an FA informant or twelve. She would not have gotten the info at all if she didn't have some sort of FA access, first or second hand. You cannot see the FA forum as a standard user. So a password is going to accomplish what?

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Pirate tARRt
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: 2008 November 04, 06:53:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Erm... Wouldn't the FA forum already be password protected? Seeing as how you can't see it if youre not logged on as a FA/mod/staff/whatever. And you need a password to log on to your account don't you? <.<

I don't see how this is going to change a thing? They can't really do anything until they know who Coconut is, and I sort of doubt they're going to figure that out anytime soon.

Rawr!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1671 on: 2008 November 04, 10:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The real irony is, as big as the site is, Thomas could probably make a living off of donations alone - but like with EA, I doubt it would be enough.

I miss simdays.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Dina D
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1672 on: 2008 November 04, 10:56:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Erm... Wouldn't the FA forum already be password protected? Seeing as how you can't see it if youre not logged on as a FA/mod/staff/whatever. And you need a password to log on to your account don't you? <.<

as a former SA there...you don't need any special password to get into the private forums...those are permissions set to the user...so it is not really password protected so much as user permissions. 

neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: 2008 November 04, 13:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the difference, though? The FA who's giving out info can still do it, so long as they can see the forum. Does Toma$$ think requiring passwords will make it easier to catch the person? I don't get it.

Dina D
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1674 on: 2008 November 04, 13:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm in agreement with you Neriana...not sure how requiring a password is going to solve anything....other than maybe trying to make the idiots think they can get caught somehow...it's mind numbing how stupid some of them are....

Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1675 on: 2008 November 04, 13:41:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they'll have one person resonsible of handing out the password, one group at a time, and seeing when coconut shows up with new info. That would eliminate some people, the ones who didn't have the password yet. It could conceivably work that way, if you could convince everyone not to pass it around and coconut was stupid enough to post updates before everyone got the password. It just springs to mind because I've seen this tactic used before.

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1676 on: 2008 November 04, 13:47:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they'll have one person resonsible of handing out the password, one group at a time, and seeing when coconut shows up with new info. That would eliminate some people, the ones who didn't have the password yet. It could conceivably work that way, if you could convince everyone not to pass it around and coconut was stupid enough to post updates before everyone got the password. It just springs to mind because I've seen this tactic used before.

coconut isn't that stupid though. I've personally seen more recent information than you guys, but it's not released because it's not safe for coconut.  That's coconut's decision, not mine, so I don't see them suddenly becoming stupid overnight.  Perhaps it would work if coconut chose the wrong person to share the information with, but so far they haven't.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1677 on: 2008 November 04, 14:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I did't think coconut would fall for something like that. Not that I know who they are, but they've done a very clever job so far, so I'm not too worried about TSR's half-assed attempts at supersekrit actually working.  Roll Eyes

Camy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: 2008 November 04, 22:14:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They just keep getting stupider and stupider.  Quite funny at the same time but really sad.
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1679 on: 2008 November 04, 22:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's not make the mistake of underestimating them though. Sure, this is all bound to fail, but you never know what they've got up their sleeve. They're reading this forum after all.

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: