PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 21:36:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1069912 times)
gayle_afcb
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #1455 on: 2008 October 24, 17:37:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't it surprising how much you can accomplish when you didn't actually do anything, Gayle?

Yep it sure is and I amaze myself each time I read about my exploits LOL  Grin

The world without time thingy was a big FA project that was supposed to be super sekrit but as Atwat knew about it so did most of the community  Cheesy

Shocked I had no idea that all this was going on - I'm ashamed to say I have been lured by 'a paysite'(won't be happening again - live n learn..... live n learn), would never have given details if i'd known that detail sharing was even considered to be a threat for 'perceived, misbehaviour!  Am appalled!

Welcome to the right side  Grin
« Last Edit: 2008 October 24, 17:51:52 by gayle_afcb » Logged

It's official - I haz a crazy, paranoid, psychotic internet stalker... Waves to Atwat Tongue

Sims2Artists S2A forum
boilinthebag
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: 2008 October 25, 00:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you all muchly! Consider me 'right sided'!! Smiley
I have been having a nosey around - sheesh... there's some mightily naffed off peeps at that there paysite! If only they could charge for vitriol they'd be typing out insults on gold keyboards.  Somebody somewhere is upsetting them!
I spotted a site with the details of people they had 'caught' sharing - is that legal? Those details were surely given out along with paypal/credit card info?
sleegee
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: 2008 October 25, 00:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL! Oh dear, what the hell is in the water at T$R? And if they were really a cult, they should really follow the lead of those that commit group suicide/genocide and kill off T$R and get some help.

*comes out of lurkdom*

Full of epic win right there.  Here's hoping that something like that happens at T$R.

After reading what coconut posted.  I'm seriously having WTF moments.  DoT is completely insane.  She makes my brain hurt with all the wild things she has said.  *ouch..brain...really...hurts*  Talk about delusional.

deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: 2008 October 25, 03:15:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always thought that Atwat just had a personality disorder, nothing that can't be cured with a nice big reality check. But the thing is, they find their illusions so addictive. Hence the disorder.

Dot and drones, need to wrestle those blindfolds off, they demean what it means to be a creative person. The mentality evident on those replies is: We offer SO much to the community, beause our stuff is pay, therefore exclusive. Therefore better.

As a artist myself, who loves to draw and often given pieces of art for free. I bird all those FA's with a big "fuck you". I have more respect of the artists who give up their TIME to express themselves in this hobby. Who do it because they enjoy sharing. I mean, to go ahead and exclude them...and before you go and froth at the mouth Dot, to twist your words to suit your current personality: To put yourself up on a pedastol is the same as thumbing down those who are not in your bandwagon. It is exclusion, and I hope you take those words and eat them.

In the end, what I hate most about Pay Vs Free, is the Vs. We are supposed to be one big happy community, united by our love of this stupid ass game. Some people just HAVE to soil it with that damn elitist crap.

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Souvenirs
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: 2008 October 25, 03:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep misreading DOT's name as DOLT.  It's much more fitting that way.

I don't know about Atwat's mental problems, but I think she'd get a lot of help by just stepping away from the computer. 

ETA: Re: the LDG thread, if they love T$R so much, why do they sound so paranoid?  Being afraid of all free creators is stepping a little over the line.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 25, 03:56:52 by Souvenirs » Logged
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: 2008 October 25, 06:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know about Atwat's mental problems, but I think she'd get a lot of help by just stepping away from the computer. 

ETA: Re: the LDG thread, if they love T$R so much, why do they sound so paranoid?  Being afraid of all free creators is stepping a little over the line.

They love TSR but they are paranoid because they know how many people out there actually hate TSR. It's not just the pirates that talk about how bad it is. It literally is everyone outside of TSR. That's why they are afraid of newcomers, and censor everything within the site. They do it, to make sure their bubble never gets popped.

I came back to some interesting reads of coconuts, and I am more pissed than ever. We all have constantly, and consistently been lied to, and have had fluffy pink clouds of death shoved down our throats. Every last one of those people in LDG's thread has thoroughly made a complete jackass of themselves. This is not coming from a pirate, this is not coming from someone who supports free items, this is coming from a person. A person, who is enraged that they all believe you don't know love, unless you know pay. Have they not seen Nouk? Anva? Aikea? Geldyh? Hell what about Neena?

All those people are loved by hundreds, if not thousands of people. But by TSR's standards, we don't care about them, we just want their shit free. Obviously they don't understand the meaning of our message. It's not that every person is grubby and just wants free items. No. PMBD is fighting for what is right, and legal within the EULA. We aren't sitting here on our board, talking about how much we want Chaz to go free so we can use his "awesome" sims. No, we are sitting on our board talking about how bad their shit looks, and releasing free items so others don't have to pay. Obviously some people at TSR have had their minds so befuddled, and smeared with TSR smear campaigns, they don't know the difference between right and wrong now.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1461 on: 2008 October 25, 11:44:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They love TSR but they are paranoid because they know how many people out there actually hate TSR. It's not just the pirates that talk about how bad it is. It literally is everyone outside of TSR. That's why they are afraid of newcomers, and censor everything within the site. They do it, to make sure their bubble never gets popped.

I love that. Along with the gentle nudging from the pirates, that's the thing that's going to send them over the edge. I love that they're eating themselves from the inside. Watching them rip each others throats open in panic like hyena's is much more satisfying than to see them valiantly go down with the sinking ship.

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: 2008 October 25, 16:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if you are going to set out to just use creators and community members for your own purposes, money, protecting money, money and making more money, then what the hell kind of attitude do you expect? They really shouldn't be as surprised and disgusted as they are. They caused it themselves. Blame it on pirates? You created the pirates by abusing a community. Blame yourself.
Also, get real, please. So called pirates are not ZOMG THE  EVIL SCUM OF PLANET EARTH. They're a result of bad business practices and simply a risk you take by building a business on a flimsy legal base to begin with. There's good reason TSR is not actually registered as a business, and Ibibiwtfever-you-call it, is.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 25, 16:10:24 by Anouk » Logged

Inactive
Souvenirs
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: 2008 October 25, 16:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aye, that makes sense.  I guess it's just so strange to me to see them say they love TSR and then make a long list of people they're afraid are pirates/traitors/etc.  A place like that doesn't seem like I place I'd love to be, especially when they start dragging random people into it (like some of the SAs that refuse to go pay).  They could very well love you one day, and the next they'll be accusing you of being a pirate.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: 2008 October 25, 16:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thomass and a certain little dictator with an odd mustache have so much in common. Their love of power, the lust for money, and a certain gift for fomenting rivalry and paranoia in their followers so that they whip themselves into a frantic flurry of devotion to him and rabid hatred for anyone who dares to oppose him. And that is where the comparison ends, because no one could be as evil/sick/twisted as the little man with the funny mustache.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: 2008 October 25, 18:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The little man with the funny mustache didn't have an original bone in his body. (Unless you were talking about Charlie Chaplin, but I doubt it Wink). All cult leaders use the same tactics, every time. Some of them are just better at it than others, or want different things than others, or are handed better circumstances than others. Toma$$'s desires are relatively small, but he knows what he's doing. This is because it's not hard to do, all you need is the will and a complete lack of morals.

Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1466 on: 2008 October 25, 19:59:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The little man with the funny mustache didn't have an original bone in his body. (Unless you were talking about Charlie Chaplin, but I doubt it Wink). All cult leaders use the same tactics, every time. Some of them are just better at it than others, or want different things than others, or are handed better circumstances than others. Toma$$'s desires are relatively small, but he knows what he's doing. This is because it's not hard to do, all you need is the will and a complete lack of morals.

At least the horrible little man that isn't Chaplin had charisma. Thomas just comes off as a pompous nitwit.

But that's the thing about online cults like this one, charisma isn't as important as it is in real life. It really comes down to one thing: the common enemy. Once you have one of those (sometimes real, but better if made up) you're all set to begin your DIY reign of terror.

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: 2008 October 25, 21:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First things first.  Sorry if I'm comming to this party a bit late, I was out of town last week.  Also, this will too be that big old teal deer and I understand if folks want to skip over it.

Dot.  That is a woman who needs to be slapped upside the head with a bag of nickles.  She reminds me of this girl I knew as a kid.  She had a cousin who lived on our street.  The cousin regularly spouted stupid stuff, such as, "Air is nothing but silent wind."  He really thought he was some David Caradine Kung-Fu grasshopper type.  He would have just been some silly jackass, but the girl made him dangerous.  She was his devoted little slave and believed every word that came out of his mouth was the wisdom of the saints. 

Me, being the obnoxious, outspoken brat I was known to be, once listened to one of his little sayings and told him he was stupid.  Mean of me? Yes, probably, I mean, the guy wasn't doing any harm.  But, after I said it and turned to walk off, the girl whacked me across the back with a baseball bat.  Fortunately, my father saw and came running out and stopped her, because I seriously think she would have just lost it and killed me if she hadn't been stopped.

It's bad enough that I can relate Atwa to the girl and Thomas to the cousin, but now it looks like Thomas has two girls and one of them is Dot.  Atwa and Dot had "issues" and I think I now see why.  Dot was Thomas's little watchdog, baseball bat swinger and clearly Atwa was trying to take her place.  And if you think I'm kidding with that, you're wrong. After reading that stuff, I'm so glad we're all somewhat safe on the internet, because I could see Dot or Atwa running around with a baseball bat, ready to give anyone who dares to insult TSR and Thomas a good old whack to the back.   

It's stuff like that which makes me a big old peice of chickenshit who's afraid to tell folks who I am.  It's not that I fear TSR's banishment of me (although I would like to find a home for my stuff before that happens. Not that I still create, but I would like an alternative to TSR, and forgive me, but MST2, while an excellent site, just doesn't "do" it for me.)  but my real life information was in my profile at TSR for a long time.  I'm talking about my real name, and my real address.  Why was I so dumb? Because I had paid for a subscription and I thought that if the information I gave on the profile page, didn't match the information they might get from the CC company, I would be under susption and might get into trouble.  So, I made sure they matched.  I have since changed it, but I don't know if they have records from way back that would give that information, an old back-up or something.

I have never shared any payfiles from TSR or elsewhere.  I did tell someone at TSR, way back in the brainwash days, that I wouldn't, and like others here, I won't go back on my word.  Unlike TSR, if I give my word, I keep it, even if it was gotten from me by unfair means.   I've never shared payfiles from elsewhere, because I've never bought any pay stuff from elsewhere. 

I'm not saying this for pity, I'm saying this just to explain why I haven't told who I am.  If anyone has a strong desire to find out, or any suspitions, they can message me and I might tell.  But yeah, I'm a wuss, but it scares me half to death that the crazies of TSR could tell the world my offline identity.  The folks here who have come forward (De, Paleoanth, Sherrie,  etc.) have my admiration, because you're willing to risk that.  You're much better people than I am, and I only hope to someday be as brave. 

Anyway, with all that said, I can imagine how much more insulated and competitive a FA must feel.  It just doesn't feel like a job, it is a job.  A more competitive job than I realized with the bonus stuff.  Unless you are spending lots of time at other places, like I did, the complete dysfunction of the place does not register.  Even I did not realize how dysfunctional it was until I left and I spent tons of time at MTS2.   This attitude is fostered by TPTB at TSR.  They want their FA's in competition with each other.  Keeps them productive and too busy to question.  I have no idea how much knowledge sharing goes on in the FA forum, but the fact that I have seen FA's at MTS2 forums asking for help tells me a lot. How can you get serious help from people you are competing against for downloads and bonuses?   Plus, they want them to feel insulated and like TSR is the only place to be.  Everything about that place revolves around competition and insulation.  Ranks, front page space, kudos, pay per number of downloads, bonuses-all this leads to secrecy, competition, and mistrust.  It is kind of like being in a dysfunctional relationship.  The longer you are in one, the more normal it seems and the less likely you will have the gumption to leave it.

Yes, yes, YES.  I tried to explain this very thing here, but I think I failed.  You nailed it, Paleotomato.  The place becomes too easy.  TSR is a lot like highschool.  Yes, it's clique, yes, it can even be vicious, but after awhile, it's a vicious you know and understand.  If you're not part of the "in crowd" (FA's) you can at least find your little nitche and make yourself at home.  I was an SA at TSR and I'm convinced the only reason why I was made an SA was because I'd spoken my mind a few times in the forums and made it clear that I was a relatively weak person who didn't have an inflated sense of worth of myself and even moreso, the stuff I made.  My stuff wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either.  I think TSR thought that I might be easily recruited into their army, so they made me an SA, to earn my gratitude. Sadly, it worked.  I'm disgusted at them, but moreso at myself, for allowing myself to be sold that easily.  But it worked really well.  I was flattered and in turn, I kept a deaf ear to what others were saying.  I was willing to dismiss the folks who were anti-paysite as fanatical crazies, taking all of this way too seriously.  Now I've got egg on my face for all of that.  Sticky stuff, faceegg, and no matter how much you scrub, it never seems to come off. 

I am telling those FA's and SA's that read here that it is not normal over there, you can be productive, you can create for the joy of it, you can give and take freely of the knowledge of the community without the mistrust and competition inherent at TSR. 

I wish I could say "here here" to that, but sadly, I don't know what it's like to create for anyplace other than TSR.  And while I won't blame them entirely for my quitting creating, I will say they have a big part in that.  I'd say more, but that would give away who I am.  If it's a burning issue with anyone, what they did to me, they can IM me if they want.   But, I will say that when TSR takes the "we're doing you a favor, now PRODUCE!" stand, they mean it seriously.  Nothing is more important than your obligation to TSR.  Nothing offline, not your health, nor your job, or anything else is nearly as important as creating those pixle objects.  And if you aren't willing to have that attitude, they'll happily strip off and toss you aside.

Yes,I was detimgi.Just De now.

Can I just say that I think you are all sorts of awesome for coming forward like this, De?  Especially since you were on that thread.  It takes a lot of bravery and guts to come clean and damn, I admire you for it.  I know you took a lot of grief at TSR and got blamed for things that weren't your fault.  You were set up as a fallguy and got clobbered, mostly because all you wanted to do was to just create your beautiful stuff and have fun.  Since you wouldn't  take sides, you were manipulated.  I hope someday you will get over it and find that urge to create again, because your stuff really is superior and it's a shame for TSR to have taken such a great creator out of circulation with their stupid bullshit.  I'd love to see you create because 1: I miss the pretty things you made and 2: Because I hate the idea that TSR might have "won" in some way, that the only place you ever produced anything was for them and that they killed you as a creator.  They don't deserve that victory. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
De
Landlubber

X-FA formerly know as detimgi

View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: 2008 October 25, 22:52:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My coming here was not about bravery at all. I was prepared to be ripped apart but I had to do what was right. I was very pleasantly surprised that did not happen. Yeah, I was set up but it was my own fault. I knew my relationship with Anita would end up biting me in the ass, why should I be any different from anyone else.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1469 on: 2008 October 25, 23:29:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to do what was right.

This is probably why you weren't ripped apart.  You did the right thing.  I was welcomed warmly when I outed myself, too.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: