PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:02:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 17 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1060793 times)
littlemisspirate
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #1395 on: 2008 October 23, 10:32:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG Dot is batshit crazy.  I don't know why I feel the need to repeat what others have said.  Really, I don't, but I just read everything she says and my brain physically hurts because it's like she's spewing this tidal wave of Kool-Aid chugging stupid.  Seriously, in what universe does NOT demanding money for your creations make you less of an artist?  If that were true, what would indie kids have to complain about when their favorite bands "sell out"?

From everything I read, and LDG or anyone who knows her well, please swoop in and correct me if I'm wrong, it sounded to me like LDG accepted the FA status because she wanted to feel connected to the community.  She talked about picking people's brains - although I wouldn't pick half those twits' brains without a radioactive protection suit and very long sticks, there are certainly some great creators who were or are at TSR.  The part that kills me is had the staff made a real effort to connect to her on a genuine level, as something other than a potential cash machine, she probably never would've left.  And now that they're all scratching their heads and shrieking "HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?!?!?!" all I can do is 'stare into the abyss and let them stare back and it's fucking stupid.'

If you're reading this, LDG, you're a fantastic creator and I'm very sorry that something you enjoyed has become so sticky.  Take all the time you need; God knows I would.
Lirael
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: 2008 October 23, 10:33:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This DOT. Is she (?) crazy? What rambling, incoherent pieces of crap her posts are. "Don't give anyone SA status if they want to stay free" is just...... stupid.
Also refusing to admit she gets paid. Whats up with that?
Is this a relatively new thing for you guys? or has she (?) always been like this? Coconuts journal is really the first time I have heard of DOT. (except for the poor atwat thread of course)
I have to admit, even though they are supporting TSR I am glad to see at least some people standing up in that thread and calling DOT out. Although, if Tomass went with her suggestions, it would quickly become apparent to the rest of the community exactly what TSR was all about.
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: 2008 October 23, 10:35:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In regards to the posts about getting the new FA's to post on the board.....um of course. Makes perfect sense; They want the new FA to be indoctrinated. Just like them. Every single post they write is TSR mantra. "Oh I don't know what makes us such a shithole" whines Thomass, who sounds at this stage like a little Bonaparte who just lost Waterloo. And all of these fuckers are droning, probably by this stage, in a dim hope that the "passer by" here at PMBD can be indoctrinated through their barely concealed bullshit. Uh-uh there is too much FACT in the argument on why you run a fucking shithole, Thomass. If these FACTS interfere with your dogmatic cult, then yeah you wouldn't see them. And that in itself, makes the sinking of your ship, that little bit sweeter.

Openhouse Jack is a jerk. I have no patience for people like him, or Dot. Who is clearly delusional, and sounds like a raving lunatic every time she posts. WHY ARE YOU POSTING DOT? It's like you run the drum on TSR Rally Nights, and are addicted to the attention.

I don't know what the hell is up with LDG, I don't even want to contemplate Thomas or Atwa or Steve, writing her emails begging her to come back and providing a whole list of "incentives" to her, that probably put her off creating at all. That didn't happen right? I think perhaps, she just wants to take a break. Or thought that the demand for her stuff outside of TSR, got too much for her. I dunno. Whatever it is, I hope it was because she wasn't pushed into it.

Sorry for posting while having too many rum drinks, I just hated todays post, it made me feel so angry  Angry

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
littlemisspirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: 2008 October 23, 10:43:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Openhouse Jack is a jerk. I have no patience for people like him, or Dot. Who is clearly delusional, and sounds like a raving lunatic every time she posts. WHY ARE YOU POSTING DOT? It's like you run the drum on TSR Rally Nights, and are addicted to the attention.

There's a special place in Hell for paysite owners who use their monies to buy used jockstraps, and an even special-er place for paysite owners who use their monies to buy used jockstraps, have the incredible social retardation to post this in public, and then wonder why no one likes them.  I don't even know what the penance for that would be.  Maybe hanging out in the Lake of Fire with dialup and stacks of clean men's underwear?

DOT makes me want to punch babies, if it makes you feel any better.  Actually, the whole post turns my stomach.
Camy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: 2008 October 23, 10:49:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow DOT is absolutely psycho!  Shocked Or is she just being the devils advocate? who knows but this latest thread really shows their true colours.
Quote from DOT "I would like to see all SA links to free things broken."

So she wants to sabotage people who create for the same messed up site because they dare to have free things.  Yes there's loyalty for you.
Everyone involved in that thread can't contain their bitter hatred for anyone that would like to make a positive contribution to the community instead of simply being a parasite like them.  Because they don't have a cult or anything.  Bleugh makes me sick.

When I read what she said about SA links being broken, I laughed at her stupidity because broken links really mean that they're still there but doesn't lead to anything. Still, she's a bitch through and through with that comment of hers.

Even Hat's post makes me laugh.  Saying that LDB will be unknown is false.  They're so engrossed with TSR that they forget it's not the only Sims 2 site.

Is it odd that I find their posts highly amusing?  Or is just me and my dark personality?  Might be both...
gayle_afcb
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1400 on: 2008 October 23, 11:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey De, welcome to the ex-SA-turned-pirate and ex-friends clubs  Grin

Paleo I think your post was excellent - I totally agree that is exactly how it felt there when an SA.

Off to read cocnut's journal now - I'm on holiday so a bit behind lol

It's official - I haz a crazy, paranoid, psychotic internet stalker... Waves to Atwat Tongue

Sims2Artists S2A forum
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1401 on: 2008 October 23, 11:55:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Late to the party as usual (stupid timezone crap...) but just wanted to say, glad to have you Lucky! I'm thrilled you're here and if you ever decide to start creating again, it's true that people here are the best fanbase you'll ever want. No pressure or anything.

That third post DOT made... maybe it's because we're talking cults, but does it sound like she's actually chanting to anyone else?

TSR is luminous for it giveth art
TSR is terrific for it giveth freedom
TSR giveth us our daily bread
Oh holy master, one and only
TSR is really neat

That's what I heard and it scared me shitless.

deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: 2008 October 23, 12:02:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snip>
That's what I heard and it scared me shitless.

Of course it scared you. It's her dogmatic chant, it sounds like drums. Of COURSE free creators get recognition and of course there is a huge fanbase out there for them. The fact that they can't conceive that, due to their fucking Hive mentality is what scares the beejesus out of me. I am glad of the reception the pirates are giving Lucky. Just for being here.
I agree that people should have a choice, and to experience the support that is found here. The truth, is given at its constructive best. You must be an infantile if you think ego rubbing and fame are enough to help you grow as a creator.

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
UartigePigebarn
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: 2008 October 23, 12:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

/lurking.

Just read Coconut's journal. I must say I'm not surprised that DOT is comfortable with her stuff being pay, the girl is obviously not entirely normal. As mentioned above the parts of the thread Coconut posted just reeks of a certain cult-mentality. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? DOT just made everybody on TSR who are not pay look like "traitors", people who can not be trusted until they've been thoroughly brainwashed. What a nice way to welcome people! Not that I think a pre-FA forum would change anything anyway, eventually the new FAs would be able to enter the secret treehouse forum and discover the true nature of their new colleagues.

I sincerely hope that Coconut's journal reaches some of the free artists on TSR, who are currently considering going pay. The statements made by DOT would make me get the hell out of there - fast - and I can only assume it has that effect on others as well.

Edit: DOT also said that LDG leaving TSR made her even more pro-TSR, well I can honestly say that reading her comments makes me proud to be anti-pay! I feel sorry for all of those associated with that unbalanced person.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 23, 12:14:33 by UartigePigebarn » Logged

Shh! Be quiet, you might piss somebody off!
Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1404 on: 2008 October 23, 12:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing that catually worries me is the shift from pirates=evil to free=evil. The first one I could understand. It was still wrong, but we are actively and giddily causing butthurt. The second one... Well, their delusions are starting to show in a rather Lovecraftian way and it has me worried.

On the other hand, if they get paranoid enough, if they start treating every single person outsie of their clique as an enemy, that would be a very good thing for us. Up till now they've always managed to keep the scheming and chanting mostly behind closed doors. It looks like their grudge and paranoia is ready to spill over to previously untouched areas. I can only applaud this.

UartigePigebarn
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: 2008 October 23, 12:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Valid point, Devilfish. That thread is good news to anyone but TSR. Most fora have restricted areas where moderation and the like is discussed, but I doubt you'd find anything so completely rotten locked away in most other places. Don't they realise how much they are hurting themselves and their already battered image? Pirates need just share files - nothing more. The FAs are well on their way to put an definitive end to subscribers themselves.

Shh! Be quiet, you might piss somebody off!
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: 2008 October 23, 12:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love your  chant, devilfish. Grin  They remind me of the Moonies--keep the new recruits isolated until their new thought patterns become habitual. And ostracize and vilify anyone who shows any signs of leaving the fold.

Just how stupid are these people?  They know their super sekrit forum has been infiltrated and that it's inevitably going to be made public.  Yet they discuss things in the open that make them look like tools.  When DOT says that she isn't paid, but instead it's her "things that are pay", it's not just batshit crazy but the self-serving bullshit they produce to try to legitimize themselves.  Doublespeak again, and all in the service of Thomas.

And Thomas admitting that they're too busy or something to check the downloads.  Yeah, we've seen evidence of that. Cheesy

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: 2008 October 23, 12:41:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

talking of cults I found this

A WAY OF LIFE

A way of life, and the people who fight for a way of life (and the order of, and in),

that kills germs, bugs, birds, cows and pigs, and feeds on Life, is at war with Nature

and has no ATWA in its' soul ; and is running as fast as it can to death, and is at war

with its' own life.

You can thank the North and South Wars, that divided this country and the world,

for control over the Money-Gods of Rome and the Churches of Deceit.

Signed……Straight Satan

Charles Manson

Even charles manson has heard of Atwat
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1408 on: 2008 October 23, 12:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And its obvious they don't get out much - sww's last post [so far - #37] makes that obvious - Phoenix Phaerie -is- on MTS2 you moron.

Phoenix Phaerie is also an SA on TSR.

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1409 on: 2008 October 23, 13:09:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to admit, even though they are supporting TSR I am glad to see at least some people standing up in that thread and calling DOT out. Although, if Tomass went with her suggestions, it would quickly become apparent to the rest of the community exactly what TSR was all about.

Yeah, I think that was the only ray of sunshine in an otherwise dismal and scary thread.  At least some of the FA's seem to still be able to think for themselves and can at least make the distinction between anti-pirate and anti-free.  Remember, once upon a time, (back in the Sims 1 days mostly) TSR was everything that the FA's were saying--a great Sims community where anyone  could post their creations and learn.  Sometimes, when your entrenched in a place, its hard to see that it has changed.  You cling to what you know.

I was sad to see to Cyclonesue's post though.  I was really hoping the rumors that she was going jump ship were too.  However, it seems she's too entrenched there as well.

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: