PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 05:59:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1072169 times)
Souvenirs
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #1095 on: 2008 October 15, 03:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you can claim it's immature to expect feedback, but isn't it also immature to look at all the free content out there as a personal playpen of toys, where you are free to take all the time but never have to give anything in return? 

I'm not saying everyone should spend hours giving feedback.  I am saying though, that it would not hurt our struggle to end paysites if people who enjoy all the free content available, took a little more time to tell creators of this lovely stuff that we appreciate them.  If we took the time to give honest, thoughtful, feedback of their stuff.   I'm not saying that by doing so, we'll win the war, but it certainly isn't going to hurt the war.  And taking the time to give feedback helps encourage a community spirit. 
I think a lot of people don't feel comfortable giving real feedback because they aren't creators themselves and don't really know what sort of advice to give.  Then they're back to saying the old "thanks, this is great!" (and even adding something like "I like the color" doesn't help, because usually everyone else is saying something similar).  It all starts to sound like "baaa!" after a while. Tongue

I think the other big thing is that the Sims 2 community is centered around a single-player game--there are many players who are a little intimidated by the community and never comment but still appreciate the CC they get.  Those are the people that are never heard from, and that's partially why I think the number of downloads means so much.  For example, I certainly didn't appreciate anyone's CC any less back when I was a lurking n00b than I do now.  It's understandable to want to feel like you're getting recognition for your work, but I think it's important to give it some thought and realize that it's pretty hard to give honest-sounding feedback.  People playing with your content is the best "feedback" to give but, given the nature of the game, it's also the hardest to see.
Sure, MTS2 is cliquey, but it's not as if only members of the "clique" can get any recognition.  There are plenty of people who have made nice stuff, been relatively unknown, and become well known because of MTS2.  It's not easy, but seeing as they're giving you a free place to upload stuff, I don't think it's nice to complain.

*Headscratch*  What does MST2 giving free space have to do with people giving feedback?  Complaining that MST2 is slow, that the site goes down too much, that the mods there aren't spending their lives devoted to the site, that's not nice or very grateful.   However, feedback has nothing to do with the staff of MST2.  I don't think the staff of MTS2 thinks it is.   It's not up to MST2 to provide feedback for the creators, that's up to the downloaders. 
I don't think I was still talking about feedback when I wrote that.  I had to catch up on about ten pages, and I remembered that some people were making comments about MTS2 being cliquey, so I tacked on my two cents. Wink  I cut parts out of that post that I thought were repetitive, and it got kind of unclear.  Sorry.

I hope this makes sense, because I'm getting pretty tired here.  This thread moves too fast for me to keep up.

Fake edit: I'm like you, Zazazu.  The polite compliment crap only makes it mean much less when people give real compliments.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: 2008 October 15, 03:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't care about any stupid "thanks" button. A large number of downloads is quite nice, compliments are a nice bonus if sincere. Anyone who needs outside validation to continue to create will burn out. Full stop. It's true in every single creative endeavor. If it's not in you, it's not in you -- and anyone who needs constant praise to keep sharing/showing off their creations, well, I simply feel sorry for them.

Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1097 on: 2008 October 15, 04:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure I'm the biggest fan of my own stuff.  Which is good, because I'm making it for me then.  I love that I have a sims' journal and that I've documented my legacies and my building projects.  I love that people look at it and read it and comment, but I'm still happier that I can look back on it myself.

I am very happy to see my stuff in other people's pictures, though!  It's only really been the Rockstar deco sets, but that was a really fun project and I use that stuff the most out of everything I've done, too.

I'm not a big commenter in general, just because I don't think that I should leave a message unless I really have something to say.  Every time someone talks about wishing they get more comments, I bring that up.  I'm just not that talkative.  Though I do try to check out the stories of those who comment on mine, it seems only fair.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1098 on: 2008 October 15, 04:57:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't care about any stupid "thanks" button. A large number of downloads is quite nice, compliments are a nice bonus if sincere. Anyone who needs outside validation to continue to create will burn out. Full stop. It's true in every single creative endeavor. If it's not in you, it's not in you -- and anyone who needs constant praise to keep sharing/showing off their creations, well, I simply feel sorry for them.

I don't think that was what Blackdwarf was saying.  I do know that I always appreciate a well thought out comment.  If I got a comment from someone whose work I respected and loved, it was even sweeter.  I also loved seeing my stuff in people's screenshots or in a "Finds" site.  It did help keep me motivated, but was certainly not my only motivation or even the most important one.  Creating in a vaccuum is tough, even with a fairly high self-image.  Sometimes a comment or a simple thank you was enough if I was having a bad day. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Redikolous
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Habitat43 News! Sharing Information!
« Reply #1099 on: 2008 October 15, 05:14:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MTS2 is cliqueish, they approve anything from people that belongs to their clique and reject from people who donīt belong to their clique, no matter the quality and no matter if are pay itens in the screenshots. If you post questions at the support area they will copy and paste their rules page and lock the thread. Been there, done that and got 4 threads locked and HP telling me to shuddup.

Since MTS2 is a free site - despite the fact that not-so-retired Delphy is always asking for donations, what put me in doubt if we really could consider completely free because a lot of people donate but the site is 50% of the time offline and have a slow slow traffic - I am not going to extend myself too much but I think these points should be considerated specially for those who donate to the site. I donated once myself but I will never made this mistake again, in fact I removed all my stuff from MTS2 because I donīt like what I see going on there.

Iīm done.

There's so much bullshit in your post that I hardly know where to begin.

1)  People need to not put payshit in their screenshots in the first place!  This is not a new rule.  The mods don't have time to hold your hand through everything and shouldn't have to.  They're volunteers and don't get paid to put up with all that they do.  They also shouldn't be expected to know what all the payshit looks like.

In regards to 1, what dani is saying is that some paystuff in photos does get through, and there are still photos around the site with paystuff in them, especially with some popular creators.  It gets frustrating for someone who has half a vase in a picture that shouldn't be when there still pictures with paystuff prominently displayed, or they run into roadblocks over some stuff that has been free for a while.  I've seen pics well after the new rule with paystuff in it, and it was usually a talented creator.  And there are a lot of issues people have with MTS2, but I won't really go into it here, because we're pro-free and we don't talk about the quality of free stuff.  I do know why Dani gets angry about MTS2 like she does.

Why, hello thar!

Trolls you have been warned: I survived the Great Troll-Off of '08
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1100 on: 2008 October 15, 05:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated my insane journal. 

neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: 2008 October 15, 06:08:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thomas is so creepy!

Yeah, this is like a contentless post, but I wanted to say something, because seriously -- creepy!

Plum
ARR!

Can I has cc?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1102 on: 2008 October 15, 06:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man, I missed the opportunity to throw Cala under a bus by like forty pages.  I'm kind of sad now.  D:

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: 2008 October 15, 06:46:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thomass could give creepy lessons to the Crypt Keeper...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1104 on: 2008 October 15, 06:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I gotta ask.  Which part is especially creepy?

Paden, hope you aren't too upset by the nut comment.

neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: 2008 October 15, 06:54:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I gotta ask.  Which part is especially creepy?

He's incredibly manipulative. The whole "I'll forgive you, you poor deluded dear, though you hurt me badly, oh and now do this for me" thing gave me the shivers. Yes, that's what he was doing. And everything he writes feels covered in slime. I can't define all of it, but it's not just because he's a TSR owner. I don't feel that way when I see things Steve says, for instance. Thomas just... oogh.

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1106 on: 2008 October 15, 07:02:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's incredibly manipulative. The whole "I'll forgive you, you poor deluded dear, though you hurt me badly, oh and now do this for me" thing gave me the shivers. Yes, that's what he was doing. And everything he writes feels covered in slime. I can't define all of it, but it's not just because he's a TSR owner. I don't feel that way when I see things Steve says, for instance. Thomas just... oogh.

I thought so, but I also thought I might be a bit sensitive about it.  Apparently not.

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: 2008 October 15, 07:55:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did I miss something while I was reclaiming my kitchen today? What nut comment? About me? Nah, I wouldn't be upset because that is the past and you know me now. I may be a little crazy, I can rant and rave with the worst of them and I'm actually bonkers. Cheesy

Fake edit: yes, I spent the whole day with the clutter that was my kitchen, something I've not been able to take care of due to some real life stuff like personal injuries. Let us just say that stairs are not my friends and my ribs hurt like fucking hell even if nothing got broken this time.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: 2008 October 15, 07:56:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww anyone care to provide a zip of the screenies?  Kiss

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: 2008 October 15, 08:48:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also want screenies, tomato you nutbag you  Kiss

I want to see the Thomas slime, will it come out of my monitor all gross like?
*takes out camera*

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: