PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:10:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1060217 times)
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #1050 on: 2008 October 14, 19:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya know, I don't really care for Sasi, but I do respect the fact that she is stepping down. She knows she fucked up, and hopefully now she understands. Thanks Malle for translating. Moment of fangirldom, if you are the same Themalle at Simscave, I love your rooms!

I love how Thomass is trying to describe everyone's talents before he promotes them to FA, and they pretty much were all fake. Who in the hell would promote someone who's dress is that messed up?

And I for one think we should open up a thread where you can download Tomato's screenies. No offense, but it gets hard to wade through this thread when you have almost a full page of people confessing they aren't Atwat.  Wink

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: 2008 October 14, 19:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love to be able to read Solander's full post in that thread, it sounds awesome.

missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
Re: Habitat43 News! Sharing Information!
« Reply #1052 on: 2008 October 14, 19:34:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I remember the Elmazz/MTS2 thing - I believe, in fact, that it prompted a 'Only free content in your downloads, and only free content in your pics [ at least for sims ]' rules over at MTS2.  I think someone near the top, or someones, woke up and realized that not only was TSR swiping a good number of the featured artists at MTS2, but were also using the site to advertise and so decided to put a stop to it.

I'm surprised that many people read it.. it was only on one download they made.   Shocked  I don't think it prompted the rule change but I think it contributed to it in a small way.  Pay items in screenshots were already a growing problem because people kept asking where to get it and by telling them, paysites were getting more business and the mods had to deal with the pmbd links being posted.

Oh, and I want to note that the Elmazzz sisters weren't the only FAs loading their screenshots with pay items on MtS2.  There were at least two objects creators doing the same.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: 2008 October 14, 19:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am defininately not looking forward to all this in the sims 3.  Hopefully EA will make customisation so easy there will be no place for paysites.  That includes meshing, if not, then I for one will be doing my utmost to learn and perfect it.  If TSR is still here I guess most of us will be here too.  The people who should be most ashamed of themselves though if this does continue is EA.  Also I would hope a lot of people will learn a lesson, and if it is possible for custom content then be a lot more supportive to free sites than we have been.  Instead of seeing freesites as a freebie top up on your download file be prepared to pay. The only people who should get away with not making a donation for what they get are children and people without the means to support them..  If people are tempted to pay more than $8 for a subscription to paysites why can't people be tempted to give that amount to a freesite.  Morale among some free creators is low because of demands made on them, lack of respect when commenting and lack of recognition.
ooglafina
ARR!

Never use a kerosene lamp as an ashtray.

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: 2008 October 14, 19:57:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny that I alone can't get in. I'll work on. Glad everything is working though.

As to mandatory donations from people who aren't old or sick; isn't that just a subscription under another name? I know creators get kicked around quite a bit, but as long as there are rude people around there will be rude comments made. The best remedy I can think of is for freesite owners to band together and give each other moral support. Like AA. hehe
daniyagami
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Habitat43 News! Sharing Information!
« Reply #1055 on: 2008 October 14, 19:59:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I remember the Elmazz/MTS2 thing - I believe, in fact, that it prompted a 'Only free content in your downloads, and only free content in your pics [ at least for sims ]' rules over at MTS2.  I think someone near the top, or someones, woke up and realized that not only was TSR swiping a good number of the featured artists at MTS2, but were also using the site to advertise and so decided to put a stop to it.

I'm surprised that many people read it.. it was only on one download they made.   Shocked  I don't think it prompted the rule change but I think it contributed to it in a small way.  Pay items in screenshots were already a growing problem because people kept asking where to get it and by telling them, paysites were getting more business and the mods had to deal with the pmbd links being posted.

Oh, and I want to note that the Elmazzz sisters weren't the only FAs loading their screenshots with pay items on MtS2.  There were at least two objects creators doing the same.

My 2 cents on this subject and fist I must confess that I am DEEPLY annoyed with MTS2 policy at least in the later 6 months because I consider HYPOCRIT. Itīs not true that everybody is called when uses pay itens on screenshots. Itīs a false statement. They really eventually pointed a pair of cases but the truth is the mods at MTS2 are not aware about pay itens. I know by experience because I used pay itens in some screenshots and nobody said a thing. The only time they said anything it was an iten made by Aikea Guinea - which was already free at that time - and THEY DIDNīT KNOW, even with me linking to the new Aikeaīs site. I had to talk with the mods about to get my item approved.

Also that observation about TSR in the upload page always bothered me because sounded like a supportive observation. Annoys me a so called free site that support TSR.

MTS2 is cliqueish, they approve anything from people that belongs to their clique and reject from people who donīt belong to their clique, no matter the quality and no matter if are pay itens in the screenshots. If you post questions at the support area they will copy and paste their rules page and lock the thread. Been there, done that and got 4 threads locked and HP telling me to shuddup.

Since MTS2 is a free site - despite the fact that not-so-retired Delphy is always asking for donations, what put me in doubt if we really could consider completely free because a lot of people donate but the site is 50% of the time offline and have a slow slow traffic - I am not going to extend myself too much but I think these points should be considerated specially for those who donate to the site. I donated once myself but I will never made this mistake again, in fact I removed all my stuff from MTS2 because I donīt like what I see going on there.

Iīm done.

Corsair: a pirate who be makin' his berth in the Med-...Medi-...that sea 'tween Spain and Africa, aye!
fway
ARR!

ESTP

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: 2008 October 14, 20:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alrighty Tomato, I caved in and got an insanejournal account, I'm going under fwaysims, just because it's easier to recognize me. I would like to thank tomato and cocounut for standing up to the fools at TSR by posting more and more information.

justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: 2008 October 14, 20:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny that I alone can't get in. I'll work on. Glad everything is working though.

As to mandatory donations from people who aren't old or sick; isn't that just a subscription under another name? I know creators get kicked around quite a bit, but as long as there are rude people around there will be rude comments made. The best remedy I can think of is for freesite owners to band together and give each other moral support. Like AA. hehe

Sorry I wasn't meaning mandatory, it still has to be voluntary,  its more about doing what is right, the people who can donate should feel more that they should,  I have been guilty in the past of downloading willy nilly not even thinking about what it takes to keep the site running.  I could have donated and didn't.  My excuse was no pay pal account and that was crap because I could have opened one easily.  I think if you are going to download from a freesite you should feel compelled within yourself to donate. Until recently I have always believed that people are all basically good,  I defininately didn't think that ordinary people were capable of the downright nastiness that I have witnessed.  I have always believed that if you are using a service that is good to you, you are responsible for the continuation of that service.  Loyality and support to someone who is giving so much of themselves just for your enjoyment of the game should be a big priority.  Probably my explaination is likely to have gone to pot. But I hope the basics of what I am trying to say can be understood.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: 2008 October 14, 20:30:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone who doesn't create merely for the sheer joy of creating is going to feel put-upon, victimized, stressed, etc. This applies to every art form, whether creative writing or sculpture or silly Sims 2 stuffeths. Consider everything else a bonus, or get burned out fast.

daniyagami
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1059 on: 2008 October 14, 20:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

justso

I donīt know how other people makes but is not expensive to post stuff so people can download. It depends of how people does. I have a site here and my stuff is very downloaded. I pay about 200 dollars for 2 years of hosting with 6 Gbs of traffic by month. Hosting is not so expensive as used to be some years ago.
I lower my site traffic with a simple measure, all my pics are at photobucket and all my rar files are at mediafire or divshare in free accounts. Mediafire is better because of the TOS and how it works but divshare is good too. They never delete your files.  To spread more my files I also post directly in boards (no need to go to my site to see pics or get download links).
I never asked for donations. Never. If my site for any reason explode the traffic (happened once and not because of my sims files, for other reasons because I have also my blog in this same domain) the upgrade is cheap.
Itīs very possible to run a site without ask others for money. If for any reason Iīll have to give up from my site at any moment, Iīll return to yahoo groups.
Donīt feel guilty. If a person canīt afford the basics to keep a site there are other alternatives before ask money.

Anyone who doesn't create merely for the sheer joy of creating is going to feel put-upon, victimized, stressed, etc. This applies to every art form, whether creative writing or sculpture or silly Sims 2 stuffeths. Consider everything else a bonus, or get burned out fast.
Exactly. I create because makes me happy to make people happy with my creations. I never felt stressed or unhappy about my sims creations, never. It was always (and it is) something that made me really happy. Nothing compares to the happiness to read someone saying that liked my things and added them to their games.

Corsair: a pirate who be makin' his berth in the Med-...Medi-...that sea 'tween Spain and Africa, aye!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1060 on: 2008 October 14, 20:41:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

RE: MTS2 - I'll admit, I don't see the pay items used in screen shots, but then, I -don't- know paysite stuff all that much anyway.  I don't use it even from the booty, because I mostly create, not play.

I do remember there were multiple artists using MTS2 as advertising for their TSR or other paysites.  SimFreaks had an account on MTS2 too.  But to the best of my knowlege, only TSR was actively recruiting artists.

I can see the clique thing.  I've been at MTS2 for a very long time, and it wasn't until a year ago that anything I made was featured, and it was not one of my best creations, even if I do love how it came out.  I don't count my other feature because I was part of a team, and only fixed a mesh that was being a pain.  I didn't finish the other stuff because of growing wrist problems.

I've gotten some top picks, but I think that's from the high percentage of thanks I get, I think - I don't know the math.  I still upload to MTS2 because I mostly do houses - I prefer to use a bit of CC to help promote other artists, and its much easier when I don't have to look up my stuff.  But I never seem to be in -any- cliques so not being in any of those doesn't bother me much, since its a free community and I feel I can help folks there.

But, if I get back into a more productive phase with my sims, I might see about getting myself a webpage to do my own site.

and I agree wholeheartedly - nothing makes me happier than seeing someone use my things, or hearing how much they like it.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: 2008 October 14, 20:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very beautiful daniyagami.  One day I hope to be able to create at least something,  I have my heart set on it.  But it took me three months to learn how to make four walls of a house touch.  So things will come along very slowly but one day I will get there.
iamawake
ARR!

Stamps rule!, I mean, suck!

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: 2008 October 14, 21:18:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Karu: that's okay, I did the same thing this morning. When I woke up and checked on Paleo's journal and saw no entries I actually thought it had been reported and the entries removed (you know how 'the TSR comes in the NIIIIGHT!...').

I've been meaning to ask: if MTS2 is pro-free... what's up with the control on posts with the link to PMBD? I get that it may be pro-free but not pro-pirate, but it's still feels a little biased. Same goes for InSim.

Closeted stamp lover.
daniyagami
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1063 on: 2008 October 14, 21:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Keep making, justso. Never give up. Trust me, is much more a question of practice than any talent. I improved so much my textures in the lates months because I keep making them. Anyone can create Smiley
Iīll look forward for your future creations I am a big downloader. Wink

I've been meaning to ask: if MTS2 is pro-free... what's up with the control on posts with the link to PMBD? I get it that it may be pro-free but not pro-pirate, but isn't the decision of whether they feel like they should pay for CC or get it for free even allowed to its users? Same goes for InSim.
Itīs interesting to notice that at the Sims2Community a lot of people post linking to PMBD and nobody removes these links. Also in the free sites area updates I saw HP moderating GOS posts because "they contains itens from paysites" without say anything about file-sharing.
MTS2 donīt embrace a clear position about this issue, is what botters me most. They are not clear against or pro. Sometimes give me the impression that they are actually protecting paysites when they cut pics of pay itens distributed as file sharing or when they remove links to the booty. Is mostly like they prefer to ignore that paysites exists or pretend that they donīt exist.

Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1064 on: 2008 October 14, 21:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anybody read the public reply about the data sharing on the TSR front page? They just don't get it on it any level do they? They are supposedly running a business and then they write stuff like "all you haters can go back to your own forum" stuff. They should be polite and concerned. Not calling potential customers haters. They can't decide whether they are a fansite or a business I think and "the here to stay" comment pretty much says that they aren't taking money to support the site. They're doing it because they can.

Screenie, please.  I won't go back over there again.  Just cannot bring myself to do it. 

I always loved MTS2 and appreciated that you could delete stuff or fix uploads without having to have permission.  I never felt out of place there, and I never got anything featured.  I have a couple of "picks", but that is it. 

I do remember there were multiple artists using MTS2 as advertising for their TSR or other paysites. 

There was a discussion on the SA forum to do exactly the same thing to drive people over to TSR.  I posted against that idea and it was finally dropped. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: