PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 03:50:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR Sharing your infomation!
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 276 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR Sharing your infomation!  (Read 1070397 times)
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
Re: Habitat43 News! Sharing Information!
« Reply #960 on: 2008 October 14, 02:38:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah  what was that thing with "Fame"? Is he on drugs? Oh wait... PMBD is finally getting to him. He's realising just how many people are waking up everyday and he's scared shitless. I wouldn't buy his swipe at you Tomato. It's panicked and missed the point entirely. Again.

Agreed. And honestly, who is going to take accusations of attention whoring seriously from a shameless idiot who has himself videotaped recording the worst cover of a Pearl Jam song ever?
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #961 on: 2008 October 14, 02:40:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure you never signed an agreement stating that you didn't mind them sharing your personal information in a public forum and that's what you threatened legal action on.  Not on your items, on the sharing of your personal information.  And that's what you were threatened on today when you got that PM from "I'm Not Atwa."  That they would make public knowlege your personal information. 

As for the items?  Well, it sucks that they are keeping them, but in a way, it's flattering.  That no matter what you can do to them, your items are of such value  that they must keep them.  Think about it for a moment, if the situation was reversed, if you ran a site and you felt that you had been greatly wronged by a creator, would you want to keep her stuff up?   I mean, it makes it look like the stuff is so important that it doesn't matter, that the stuff is so great, that it's worth the humiliation of knowing that you're spending bandwidth and hard drive space to host items of someone who so wronged you.   That says a lot about your abilities as an artist.   

So, consider it a  badge of honor.  I'd even not worry that folks will go there to download it.  I mean, they can't really charge folks for it, because you're not an FA and I don't think they make people FA's once they leave.  So, the stuff is just up there, all for free. 

It makes me want to open fifty thousand accounts, just to download the stuff over and over again, just to put a drain on their servers.  Just to drive up the numbers, so that the most popular downloads all come from someone who they think wronged them. 

Thomas, Anita, since you're reading this, let's talk logic.  She was doing you a favor by asking you to remove her stuff.  If it's gone, she can't really say much can she?  Then it just comes down to your word against hers.  She'll say this and you'll say that, and people will believe what they believe.

But for you to keep her stuff?  It makes it look like she left and you're being babies about it.  "You can't leave us, it's OUR STUFF!"

The killer? She didn't post anything that would allow people to track you folks down.  She didn't even post anything that was a lie.  All the really bad stuff was said by Anita and you.  The other stuff was speculation between her and other SA's, and it was clear it was speculation.  Notice that at the beginning, the sympathy was with TSR.  Notice that as the bugshit insanity continues, the sympathy dies.  That's not Paleoanth, that's you. 

Grow up.  Really.  If you're the mighty TSR, if nothing can ever hurt you, they why are you acting so godawful butthurt about this?  "I'm gonna get her LJ revoked.  I'm gonna kick her off the site, but keep her toys!"  Very professional, very mature.

Then again, you posted people's private paypal information and then chortled with glee about how you were ripping these folks off. and making plans to attack sites.   Yeah, you're the model of a good business.

I used to think that  you guys were the victims.  That maybe it wasn't exactly right to charge, but if EA didn't care if you charged, then why should we.  That you might charge for stuff, but at least you never hurt anyone.  I even believed that all the squawk about paysites being evil were mostly from spoiled babies who just didn't want to pay for anything.  But you proved you're lower than the lows.  It wasn't this site that changed my mind nearly as much as it was you folks yourselves.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
LadyDea
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #962 on: 2008 October 14, 02:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LadyDea, I wanna swipe that icon for my avi lol.  It is perfect.

Haha, go ahead. I have no idea where it originated from, though. I giggle every time I see it anyways. XD

Come visit Sammytopia
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #963 on: 2008 October 14, 03:01:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You signed up for PMBD and posted this within an hour.  How did you know about this thread?

Not sure if you remember missangelica but about 1 year ago you commented against elmazz on MTS2, I asked you (i'm lamammaforever) why you were rude and you answered that elmazz were posting on MTS just for showcasing their pay stuff at TSR, showned in the pictures.
I felt a bit sad for them but that's why I started to ask to myself what's was going on. You know, I were naive and convinced that everybody were nice and friendly, I didn't like paysites but didn't know some related facts. So it's you, because after that elmazz thread I became curious, or better to say more interested.

Yes, I remember that.  It really bothered me how they were so blatantly trying to get people to come over to tsr by overloading their (Elmazzz is actually two sisters) screenshots with their pay goods and offering only the half-assed done lipstick or eyes for free.  I just tried to find the thread but it seems they've deleted all their threads since the last time I looked.  I should of gotten a screenshot.  :/

I'm surprised and happy that you took it to heart.  It goes to show you never know who your words touch!  Smiley  Thank you for telling me.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #964 on: 2008 October 14, 03:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I remember the Elmazz/MTS2 thing - I believe, in fact, that it prompted a 'Only free content in your downloads, and only free content in your pics [ at least for sims ]' rules over at MTS2.  I think someone near the top, or someones, woke up and realized that not only was TSR swiping a good number of the featured artists at MTS2, but were also using the site to advertise and so decided to put a stop to it.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #965 on: 2008 October 14, 03:13:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh.  Such actions certainly aren't making them look better in anyone's eyes.  By half-assed banning people and saying that they're going to steal the ball and go home.  Though I certainly suggest contacting EA.  It's worked in the past, I can't see why it wouldn't work now.  Especially given the privacy concerns, right?

I was going to mention I added you, Paleo, but I see you saw already.  You're quick!  XD  Of course, I already had a (barely-used) account on the site, anyway.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #966 on: 2008 October 14, 03:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah  what was that thing with "Fame"? Is he on drugs? Oh wait... PMBD is finally getting to him. He's realising just how many people are waking up everyday and he's scared shitless. I wouldn't buy his swipe at you Tomato. It's panicked and missed the point entirely. Again.

*face palm*

You know the thing is, I would have never thought to post anything or even go through my old PM's if they hadn't posted personal information.  That is what spurred me on.  It was Coconuts posts, not fame. 

I'm sure you never signed an agreement stating that you didn't mind them sharing your personal information in a public forum and that's what you threatened legal action on.  Not on your items, on the sharing of your personal information.  And that's what you were threatened on today when you got that PM from "I'm Not Atwa."  That they would make public knowlege your personal information. 

Then again, you posted people's private paypal information and then chortled with glee about how you were ripping these folks off. and making plans to attack sites.   Yeah, you're the model of a good business.

I used to think that  you guys were the victims.  That maybe it wasn't exactly right to charge, but if EA didn't care if you charged, then why should we.  That you might charge for stuff, but at least you never hurt anyone.  I even believed that all the squawk about paysites being evil were mostly from spoiled babies who just didn't want to pay for anything.  But you proved you're lower than the lows.  It wasn't this site that changed my mind nearly as much as it was you folks yourselves.

And these are exactly the points.  I couldn't have said it any better.  The fact is that TSR causes people to become pirates the same way restrictive DRM's cause people to become pirates. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #967 on: 2008 October 14, 03:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WHOA! Gosh I leave for probably 3 days and this thread grows by 20 pages! It has literally taken over an hour to read all this my eyeballs are bleeding.

I think Jfade's response was respectable, but a load of shit. Yes, he came over to explain himself, but don't try to justify yourself by saying "hey I'm free so it's okay now!"

But ah I had a whole response planned out, but it took so long to read.  Cry

By the way, tomato I can't sign up for insanejournal, their human test isn't working properly. Any way you could post the screenies like cala did?

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Irish Wench
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #968 on: 2008 October 14, 03:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

tomato, can I be friended also? User name is irishwench. Thanks.

Also I only see red X's in your post about your email to and from Thoma$$. Were the images removed? Just nosy and all.  Tongue
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #969 on: 2008 October 14, 03:33:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, Missbonbon. Welcome back.

I think this has been mentioned before, but would it be possible for you to change the title of the thread to reflect the conversations shift from habitat43 to TSR. Maybe something along the lines of -

TSR News! Paysites Sharing Information!

I think it's more to the point now. -  Wink
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #970 on: 2008 October 14, 03:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

tomato, can I be friended also? User name is irishwench. Thanks.

Also I only see red X's in your post about your email to and from Thoma$$. Were the images removed? Just nosy and all.  Tongue

I don't think the images have been removed, but they are also up on the journal and I have added you.  The journal is having server issues, probably due to traffic, so just keep refreshing. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #971 on: 2008 October 14, 03:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yes you have to respect the contract that you accepted upon submitting your work to TSR... but TSR doesn't have to abide by the contract in the EULA, aka. no profit.  Yep, that makes sense.  Hello morons!  Either you own your work and all the rights to it or you don't.

I tried signing up to insanejournal but they are experiencing technical difficulties. I was sent the screen caps earlier though, not sure how much of it, and I have to say, as promised, Atwa is teh crazy.  Not only that but the whole crush on Thomas thing, with makeout fantasies made me want to toss my cookies, and I just spent 40 minutes making them, so I would have been pissed. Mmmm chocolate chip.    

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Druid
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR Sharing your infomation!
« Reply #972 on: 2008 October 14, 03:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I.. I'm afraid to look now, Sherry. Sad But I'm so curious...
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #973 on: 2008 October 14, 03:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww thanks tomato!

Thanks snarky, and yes I changed the title, not sure if it is more appropriate now or not, if not let me know and I can make it more specific with dates, time, and blood types.  Wink

Sorry I wasn't able to come back sooner and change it, I believe I read somewhere in the thread that someone suggested changing the title, and I forgot about it.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #974 on: 2008 October 14, 03:51:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks snarky, and yes I changed the title, not sure if it is more appropriate now or not ...

Thanks, Missbonbon.  I was also thinking that mentioning TSR in the title would piss thomass off even more. And what could possibly be more fun than a butthurt Thomass? -  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 276 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: